Allen Greene comments

Auburn Kev

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Yeah Auburn’s still the same ol shi$ show it always has been behind the scenes...

I trust WDE but I’m skeptical that Gus or Leath would be let go this year. 

Count me a skeptic as well.

34 minutes ago, keesler said:

Ehh, if the AU $$ men wanted to throw around cash on AU football like there's no tomorrow then why the hell does Auburn suck hind teet in facility upgrades? 

Why did they go discount bargain box with the hiring a 5-19 Gene Chizik or a HC with one yr coaching experience from Arky State? 

You make it sound like money is no object to these men, they got money to do whatever with........yet they are allowed to make huge decisions relative to AU football which has rendered this program to appear inept, incapable of any type of consistency for any length of time.:banghead:

Our biggest enemy has always been ourselves.  Wish it would change

3 hours ago, Tiger said:

I've heard ADs say much more positive things about a HC before firing them within a month or so.

This. I was expecting "We stand by Coach Malzahn 100%, this year and into the future" or something like that. I'm satisfied with his answers. 

I take it as "we'll continue to support him (for now)". 

55 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

OH HAPPY DAY! Is it wrong for me to hope we tank the rest of the season to make this happen though? Say we go 6-6...he still goes? I don't see us letting him go at 7-5 (although that record is going to be a challenge). 

Just a couple days ago I was assured, absolutely assured..... that no AU person would harbor such feelings...….

WE1983......someone much have hacked your account.....:dunno:

I mean it would have been nice of Greene to say did you notice that when Brandon Cox is on the field we run and when he isn't we pass almost all the time, but he said what was expected of him.

Just now, auburnphan said:

I mean it would have been nice of Greene to say did you notice that when Brandon Cox is on the field we run and when he isn't we pass almost all the time, but he said what was expected of him.

Brandon Cox had ice in his veins.

3 hours ago, Cozmo said:

He's gone.

We would actually lose money in the long run if he is kept.  The people in power know this, and know that a lame duck Gus next season is easily the worst thing we need.

The lame duck part is definitely something to consider. The contract extension he got last year was supposed to show stability in the program to help with the negativity recruiting other schools could use. Now they'll be back to square one and saying he could be gone soon. 

3 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

He is not at the point of saying anything yet but he did not say Gus was safe. In fact he does mention that boosters don’t have to tell him they aren’t happy he understands their disappointment. As I said earlier it’s not a done deal. I suspect if Gus can pull out a 7-5 or better he might not get fired this year. Anything worse and I don’t think he survives.

I hope you're right, and he doesn't survive the year as an AU coach.

But that would mean the boosters would have to shell out huge piles of cash, and would then want a say-so in who got hired.

But maybe that's not a bad idea...

32 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Brandon Cox had ice in his veins.

Agree completely. Guy was the Energizer Bunny. He got knocked down and just kept going and going and going. 

38 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Just a couple days ago I was assured, absolutely assured..... that no AU person would harbor such feelings...….

WE1983......someone much have hacked your account.....:dunno:

He is on the extreme spectrum . Such as yourself 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

He is on the extreme spectrum . Such as yourself 

OH....thanks for your view.......though I've come to the conclusion that lots of folks on this site who think they are really smart and represent the mainstream thinking of AU people actually don't know crap.   JMO   :dunno:

1 hour ago, keesler said:

The Louisiana Governor had to step in and stop that deal because of how bad the financial "optics" would appear to a state that was facing a funding crisis.  LSU's President and AD are a couple of boobs, every alum and fan will tell you the same.

Auburn has a new President and AD in place right now and WDE throws out the rumor that there's not guarantee our Pres retains his job all because the football team is having a rough year?  

I don’t think he ever said it was because the football team is having a bad year

40 minutes ago, AU64 said:

OH....thanks for your view.......though I've come to the conclusion that lots of folks on this site who think they are really smart and represent the mainstream thinking of AU people actually don't know crap.   JMO   :dunno:

You are welcome.

44 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Yeah, I’ve come to that same conclusion...😬

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Greene is savvy. Said what he had to say. Don't see Gus surviving this. Less than a 10% chance. 

Money isn't a issue. 

He seems like a savage. Great public smile, ruthless and cutthroat when it comes to getting things done. 

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Greene is savvy. Said what he had to say. Don't see Gus surviving this. Less than a 10% chance. 

Money isn't a issue. 

8PT3P6v.gif

2 hours ago, KolchakAU85 said:

I hope you're right, and he doesn't survive the year as an AU coach.

But that would mean the boosters would have to shell out huge piles of cash, and would then want a say-so in who got hired.

But maybe that's not a bad idea...

Not trying to be mean but just to make sure everyone understands this . Boosters don’t have to shell out. They do give a lot to AU all the time. AU has the money  to make this happen already. Think if you made 150,000 a year and you need to buy a 15000 car to get you to work. Exactly the same comparison. This is not a big deal for AU. It is stupid that we are in this position because Leath made a stupid move. I am sure he had someone telling him he needed to make this deal. I am pretty sure that said person is now out of Auburn’s future decisions. I also hope anyone else involved in giving a thumbs up to the contract will also be terminated. I also think that Leath has shown what I have considered was his personality, of only caring how things affect him, that I always felt he showed in previous employment. I hope the BOT reviews and remove him from his post for showing his lack of trustworthyness in handling AU’s purse.

I suspect Greene is having conversations with the money folks and developing plans to find a way to a better situation. He, like the other ADs will continue saying the party line until such a decision is made, whenever.

7 hours ago, corchjay said:

Exactly what he was supposed to say at this time.  At the end of the season there will be a statement that we evaluate all of our sports programs every year and will do everything we can to help them be successful.  Gus will be back next year and probably the year after that.  If we are in the running for the west either of those 2 years then you will probably see a change but no one is gonna eat that $32 million and then be expected to pony up another $5m for a Head Coach and a few million for assistants.

Maybe this has been answered somewhere... but if Gus was fired at the end of the season.. how much would we owe him? 

4 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Maybe this has been answered somewhere... but if Gus was fired at the end of the season.. how much would we owe him? 

$35M

4 hours ago, keesler said:

So fire the President because the football team has a crappy season?

Leath's issues are bigger than Gus's contract extension. If he doesn't last it's not all sports related.

7 hours ago, corchjay said:

Play the what if game... what if we lose the rest of our games?  

What if we win the rest of our games?

i don’t think either is happening but...

Some people didn't think we would lose to miss state or Tennessee but we did. As of now I would not bet we won't lose the rest of our games. 

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Leath's issues are bigger than Gus's contract extension. If he doesn't last it's not all sports related.

He has made few if any friends since arriving at AU. 

Archived