Allen Greene comments

Auburn Kev

What are we even arguing about here? We all agree the deal was stupid and some affluent forces behind the scenes must’ve been involved. I don’t think Leath is some master negotiator in terms of these things , but he had to have had suitable support to sign off to it. Now he is taking the heat as well. We all are to blame. Majority of us understood it at the time , even me, although I thought the asking price was to steep, as I didn’t believe Gus actually wanted to go to Arkansas. Hindsight is 20/20

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Greene is savvy. Said what he had to say. Don't see Gus surviving this. Less than a 10% chance. 

Money isn't a issue. 

Don’t toy with my emotions WDE...

Greene is savvy. Said what he had to say. Don't see Gus surviving this. Less than a 10% chance. 

Money isn't a issue. 

He has spoken!

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

What are we even arguing about here? We all agree the deal was stupid and some affluent forces behind the scenes must’ve been involved. I don’t think Leath is some master negotiator in terms of these things , but he had to have had suitable support to sign off to it. Now he is taking the heat as well. We all are to blame. Majority of us understood it at the time , even me, although I thought the asking price was to steep, as I didn’t believe Gus actually wanted to go to Arkansas. Hindsight is 20/20

Leath. This one will also be fascinating to watch. I'll put it this way. Greene is the only people out of the three that I'm 100% certain will be back next year. 

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Money isn't a issue. 

OH HAPPY DAY! Is it wrong for me to hope we tank the rest of the season to make this happen though? Say we go 6-6...he still goes? I don't see us letting him go at 7-5 (although that record is going to be a challenge). 

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Leath. This one will also be fascinating to watch. I'll put it this way. Greene is the only people out of the three that I'm 100% certain will be back next year. 

Oh wow...

3 hours ago, DAG said:

What else is he going to say. Yeah he sucks, I am finding a way to get him out. I will wait to see what happens if we end up 5-7. 6-6 and he will be good for now. 

True.  But I wish he would have replied with more of an "on the fence"-type response.  It would have made Gus a little wide-eyed, and would have made us all feel a little better.

But instead, his response sure makes it seem like we've got Gus for a long time to come.

1 minute ago, KolchakAU85 said:

True.  But I wish he would have replied with more of an "on the fence"-type response.  It would have made Gus a little wide-eyed, and would have made us all feel a little better.

But instead, his response sure makes it seem like we've got Gus for a long time to come.

I'd wager my salary that what he says to Gus in private versus what he says in public are two very different things.

Just now, KolchakAU85 said:

Gus knows what is going on. No need for the AD to comment publicly about anything. Especially when you had nothing to do with any of this.  

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'd wager my salary that we says to Gus in private versus what he says in public are two very different things.

Yes, I'd agree.  And I sure hope so.

Just now, KolchakAU85 said:

Whose to say underneath the scenes Gus isn’t wide eyed though. Your actions today effect your future. This is the type of stuff that left the LSU brass with egg on their face when they showed their hand with Les Miles and he was able to win over the players at the end of the season, ultimately forcing the administration to look like the bad guys when they knew what had to be done. It worked out in the end because he got fired the next year haha.

Gus knows what is going on. No need for the AD to comment publicly about anything. Especially when you had nothing to do with any of this.  

So side bar.  How is Greene seen from the big money guys?  What's their perception of him?

5 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

So fire the President because the football team has a crappy season?

My God who's running what we know as Auburn University?  Because if the same men that agreed to that contract 10 months ago are the same guys that are ready, willing, and able to cut cord and pony up that kind of money AND $#it can the President to boot, then I'm more concerned than ever about the future of AU.  This place is freaking nutts ~ and we all blamed Jay Jacobs for years for the mess.

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

My God who's running what we know as Auburn University?  Because if the same men that agreed to that contract 10 months ago are the same guys that are ready, willing, and able to cut cord and pony up that kind of money AND $#it can the President to boot, then I'm more concerned than ever about the future of AU.  This place is freaking nutts ~ and we all blamed Jay Jacobs for years for the mess.

No disrespect intended here Keesler but how long have you followed Auburn athletics?? 

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

I imagine it’s about money , not football. Football is just the red herring.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Whose to say underneath the scenes Gus isn’t wide eyed though. Your actions today effect your future. This is the type of stuff that left the LSU brass with egg on their face when they showed their hand with Les Miles and he was able to win over the players at the end of the season, ultimately forcing the administration to look like the bad guys when they knew what had to be done. It worked out in the end because he got fired the next year haha.

The Louisiana Governor had to step in and stop that deal because of how bad the financial "optics" would appear to a state that was facing a funding crisis.  LSU's President and AD are a couple of boobs, every alum and fan will tell you the same.

Auburn has a new President and AD in place right now and WDE throws out the rumor that there's not guarantee our Pres retains his job all because the football team is having a rough year?  

Just now, DAG said:

I imagine it’s about money , not football. Football is just the red herring.

Yeah, I'm sure Leath did not endear himself to a lot of those folks with his handling of Pearl last year.

7 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

No disrespect intended here Keesler but how long have you followed Auburn athletics?? 

No disrespect taken OTP!

Maybe I hoped the old regime was slowly filtering out of the backwoods of Auburn, and with a new President & AD that hadn't been sullied by the GOBN and the $$ men behind the scene's, I thought AU may have a chance to get a lot of things right for a change.  

This whole thing sounds like it's no better today than it's ever been.

I'm just flabbergasted that things are never allowed to change.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Yeah, I'm sure Leath did not endear himself to a lot of those folks with his handling of Pearl last year.

I'd have to imagine AU Compliance were breathing down his neck pretty hard when they were wading through Bruce & his staff's activities.  

17 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'd wager my salary that what he says to Gus in private versus what he says in public are two very different things.

I can guarantee you are correct

3 minutes ago, keesler said:

No disrespect taken OTP!

Maybe I hoped the old regime was slowly filtering out of the backwoods of Auburn, and with a new President & AD that hadn't been sullied by the GOBN and the $$ men behind the scene's, I thought AU may have a chance to get a lot of things right for a change.  

This whole thing sounds like it's no better today than it's ever been.

I'm just flabbergasted that things are never allowed to change.

Yeah Auburn’s still the same ol shi$ show it always has been behind the scenes...

I trust WDE but I’m skeptical that Gus or Leath would be let go this year. 

3 minutes ago, keesler said:

I'd have to imagine AU Compliance were breathing down his neck pretty hard when they were wading through Bruce & his staff's activities.  

Oh I'm sure.  But looking at his statements against Greene's during that time, it sure seemed that Greene was more solidly behind Bruce than Leath was.  Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the way I interpreted it.

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

Yeah Auburn’s still the same ol shi$ show it always has been behind the scenes...

I trust WDE but I’m skeptical that Gus or Leath would be let go this year. 

Gus I could see happening because ultimately he's just a football coach.  Leath would be a harder sell for me, only because of the optics for the entire university.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Oh I'm sure.  But looking at his statements against Greene's during that time, it sure seemed that Greene was more solidly behind Bruce than Leath was.  Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the way I interpreted it.

Wow twice in one day your correct again

Archived