Malik Willis highlights

BHDAU1

Sooooo, just for grins I searched for Malik Willis highlights from high school and found them on hudl.  I had never watched them previously, and it seems whenever he is discussed as an option if Stidham is playjng poorly there are quite a few people who think he cant throw or run the offense. After watching his highlights from high school it seems to me that he should be talented enough to take the reins. He cant zip it like stidham but he sure seemed accurate enough in high school.  If you havent watched them before you should. Looked like the second coming of Nick Marshall in high school. Surely he has not regressed since then....

Does Malik have a touchdown this season?  If not would he be scored  -2 for the ASU safety?  Seriously though if he gets a chance tomorrow I hope he tears it up.  I’d love to see him break a long run off or hit a play action bomb to Schwartz.  Can you imagine if he hits his deep pass?

52 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Does Malik have a touchdown this season?  If not would he be scored  -2 for the ASU safety?  Seriously though if he gets a chance tomorrow I hope he tears it up.  I’d love to see him break a long run off or hit a play action bomb to Schwartz.  Can you imagine if he hits his deep pass?

If I were him, and I went in the game, I’d call a pass in a huddle and just do it regardless of what the play should have been. It’s the only way they let him throw.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

If I were him, and I went in the game, I’d call a pass in a huddle and just do it regardless of what the play should have been. It’s the only way they let him throw.

Unfortunately, if he called a huddle Gus would go "WUT TH' HECK!?!" and call time out just to bench him and put Stidham back in...

36 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Unfortunately, if he called a huddle Gus would go "WUT TH' HECK!?!" and call time out just to bench him and put Stidham back in...

WhoppingAdolescentIaerismetalmark-max-1mb.gif

He looked like he could make all the simple throws his first spring game and whenever he would get a chance to toss it first season. Looked like he mentally regressed from then, but I cant imagine all the feelings he personally has about his situation there. Maybe if he got in a rhythm, we'd get to see whether he's a bust or not 

27 minutes ago, musicitytiger said:

I had a nightmare that it was halftime and we were losing to ole miss 13-4, and Gus still refused to put Willis in.  Gus has traumatized me

We got two safeties?   Wow, that's pretty impressive.  Go back to sleep with your head at the foot of the bed to see if you can rewind the dream.  I would like to know how we did that. 

I haven't seen anything that suggest our backup qb is a better option than the starting qb other than he hasn't turned the ball over when he's played. The backup doesn't look to run as fast or have the same ball velocity and quick release as the starter. However the positive thing about the backup is he hasn't thrown any interceptions, fumbled or developed any bad habits due the offensive line's blocking word and lack of running game. So I'm okay with giving him a few series to see how he performs.

Just now, creed said:

I haven't seen anything that suggest our backup qb is a better option than the starting qb other than he hasn't turned the ball over when he's played. The backup doesn't look to run as fast or have the same ball velocity and quick release as the starter. However the positive thing about the backup is he hasn't thrown any interceptions, fumbled or developed any bad habits due the offensive line's blocking woes and lack of running game. So I'm okay with giving him a few series to see how he performs.

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

He looked like he could make all the simple throws his first spring game and whenever he would get a chance to toss it first season. Looked like he mentally regressed from then, but I cant imagine all the feelings he personally has about his situation there. Maybe if he got in a rhythm, we'd get to see whether he's a bust or not 

Wow that sure sounds familiar 

While i don't agree AT ALL Willis should replace Stidham...

26 minutes ago, creed said:

I haven't seen anything that suggest our backup qb is a better option than the starting qb other than he hasn't turned the ball over when he's played. The backup doesn't look to run as fast or have the same ball velocity and quick release as the starter. However the positive thing about the backup is he hasn't thrown any interceptions, fumbled or developed any bad habits due the offensive line's blocking word and lack of running game. So I'm okay with giving him a few series to see how he performs.

downloadfile-3.gif

2 hours ago, musicitytiger said:

I had a nightmare that it was halftime and we were losing to ole miss 13-4, and Gus still refused to put Willis in.  Gus has traumatized me

If we’re only down by 9 at halftime I’ll be pleased.

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

While i don't agree AT ALL Willis should replace Stidham...

downloadfile-3.gif

Lol...yes, yes I am. I haven't seen the speed that is a attribute of a dual - threat qb from any of our qbs. Maybe Gatewood has it or maybe I shouldn't compare them to Nick Marshall.

11 minutes ago, creed said:

Lol...yes, yes I am. I haven't seen the speed that is a attribute of a dual - threat qb from any of our qbs. Maybe Gatewood has it or maybe I shouldn't compare them to Nick Marshall.

You realize we are talking about Willis right? And you don't see speed out of him? Again.... YOU SERIOUS CLARK? Speed is about the only thing Willis has working for him. He is very similar to Marshall in overall speed, but doesn't seem to be on the same page with elusiveness. But seriously...Willis is as close to Marshall as we have had since Marshall.

I don't see how you can say that with a straight face...

Again, I'm not of the opinion Willis should replace Stidham. I'm 100% in Stidhams camp, but to that doesn't change the fact Willis has very comparable speed to Marshall is mind boggling

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

You realize we are talking about Willis right? And you don't see speed out of him? Again.... YOU SERIOUS CLARK? Speed is about the only thing Willis has working for him. He is very similar to Marshall in overall speed, but doesn't seem to be on the same page with elusiveness. But seriously...Willis is as close to Marshall as we have had since Marshall.

I don't see how you can say that with a straight face...

Again, I'm not of the opinion Willis should replace Stidham. I'm 100% in Stidhams camp, but to that doesn't change the fact Willis has very comparable speed to Marshall

I'm not putting Willis down, I just haven't seen this speed except few runs against a nobody team full of slow players. I want to see his speed against a real defense. If he looks fast and elusive I'll retract my opinion. I would like to see him play a few series against ole miss. 

Just now, creed said:

I'm not putting Willis down, I just haven't seen this speed except few runs against a nobody team full of slow players. I want to see his speed against a real defense. If he looks fast and elusive I'll retract my opinion. I would like to see him play a few series against ole miss. 

No I never said elusiveness. And neither did you until I did. But as far as speed goes... He is as fast as Marshall. Maybe a blink of the eye off between them. At any rate see the post above yours. There you go. 70 yard TD run against a ranked SEC opponent. He met your criteria in that run alone. 

I can't tell anymore if people are serious or trolling. Either way something doesn't add up here...

4 minutes ago, creed said:

Stidham does not have the speed of MW. Come on now. 

Okay. Here's to hoping Malik shows out when he gets chance to play.  War Eagle!

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Stidham does not have the speed of MW. Come on now. 

No. He literally said no QB on the roster has speed but maybe Gatewood... The 6'5 230 QB. Like I said I can't tell if he is serious or trolling

2 hours ago, musicitytiger said:

I had a nightmare that we lost 56-12 ... so you're better than me. 

Archived