** Ole Miss Game Thread **

WarTiger

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our offense has no imagination...none! Ole Miss is one of the worse defenses in the country and we can't score more than 10 points in the first half. This is on Gustavo and Lindsey. Where are the "wrinkles" we heard about??? The only wrinkles I see are the ones on my face in the mirror!

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

So with 1 minute in the half and the lead on the 4 yard line you want to put the game in Stidham’s hands... not me not with his poor decisions 

No with 2:15 I want to call a timeout and try for something other than 3 handoffs and end the half. Gus never takes chances at the end of halfs. 

1 minute ago, AURealist said:

I expect OM to give up on their running game in the 2nd half.  It's as bad as their run defense. Break one loose into the end zone and we'll be triggered to throw desperation passes.

Please God, no... 

they will run more qb keepers..........

I’m a firm believer that if we ran basic run fits and used shiver or whitlow . AU would absolutely win this game . The line has played solid 

I wouldn't throw a bomb to Schwart at the end of the half because I doubt if our OL could give JS enough time. But, I would sure try Swartz on a quick slant and see what he could do with it. Of course JS would have to keep from throwing it on Schwartz's back shoulder or it might be an INT.

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

So with 1 minute in the half and the lead on the 4 yard line you want to put the game in Stidham’s hands... not me not with his poor decisions 

Fair statement. I guess overall even when Stidham was hot Gus never took advantage before half . Great point . That was more of an emotional post from me 

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

I’m a firm believer that if we ran basic run fits and used shiver or whitlow . AU would absolutely win this game . The line has played solid 

We look to be moving the ball decent on the ground finally, even though it’s against a poor defense. I agree stick to boobee and shivers and even put in Malik for some read options. 

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

Agree. The Oline has played better

2 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

No with 2:15 I want to call a timeout and try for something other than 3 handoffs and end the half. Gus never takes chances at the end of halfs. 

Once against USCe but Cam and Adams departed. It's like his imagination was stolen. 

2 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

I wouldn't throw a bomb to Schwart at the end of the half because I doubt if our OL could give JS enough time. But, I would sure try Swartz on a quick slant and see what he could do with it. Of course JS would have to keep from throwing it on Schwartz's back shoulder or it might be an INT.

I would be throwing slants til they begged me to stop. I'd also have a TE on a drag route constantly. 

4 minutes ago, Sully to Beasley said:

Our offense has no imagination...none! Ole Miss is one of the worse defenses in the country and we can't score more than 10 points in the first half. This is on Gustavo and Lindsey. Where are the "wrinkles" we heard about??? The only wrinkles I see are the ones on my face in the mirror!

The wrinkles are in the crumpled pages of plays in Gus’ trash can.  Also called his suggestion box.

is gus telling the team we do not quit unless it is cable?

3 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

What would our offense be if we had Tua?

Schwartz might be breaking all kinds of records. 

Archived