Sounds like someone is sowing some chaos.

AUDub

Individuals are responsible for their own actions.  If they aren't, we should ban all movies, video games, TV shows, books, articles, web pages, etc...that could somehow, possibly, tangentially lead to some idiot doing something stupid. 

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Everything is President Trump’s fault. If it turns out that a Trump supporter is behind these envelopes, it’ll be because the President motivated the action. That’s the logic. Steve Scalise should blame Trump too, shouldn’t he? So should Rand Paul. So should Ted Cruz for the restaurant incident. 

Gotta have someone to blame. People aren’t just psychotic. It’s forbidden to assert as much. 

Enemy of the people. Lock her up. You don’t see the dehumanizing because you embrace it.

13 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Enemy of the people. Lock her up. You don’t see the dehumanizing because you embrace it.

Oh yeah. I can definitely see that rhetoric motivating a person to send explosives in the mail. You are so correct. 

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

Oh yeah. I can definitely see that rhetoric motivating a person to send explosives in the mail. You are so correct. 

Getting very sad and disappointing in here. Go figure.

41 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

No one is blaming him for the bombs. We are stating that is rhetoric is irresponsible and incites violence, like trying to murder people. 

Rhetoric from both sides. Until we own that nothing changes.

50 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

What about when a guy who grabs a woman's breast says as a defense "the President of the United States says it's OK to grab women by their private parts."  Can we blame him then?

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/southwest-airlines/2018/10/23/trump-says-ok-grab-women-groping-suspect-tells-fbi-after-southwest-airlines-flight-texas

No fair...that's a "whatabout." ;D

A couple of questions for civil discussion, if that's possible here. Based on what we know now:

1. Do you think the bomb maker intended to hurt anyone?

2. What do you think his motive is

57 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Your phone number? I do not.

I know. 

48 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Jenny

True story. I was trying to search online for an old friend’s phone number. When I searched his name that number came up. It wasn’t until I recited it to dial the number that I caught it. 

Just now, GiveEmElle said:

I know. 

True story. I was trying to search online for an old friend’s phone number. When I searched his name that number came up. It wasn’t until I recited it to dial the number that I caught it. 

:lol: Good stuff Elle.

51 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Thanks for proving my point .

18 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Both sides? No. It’s one person. Donald J. Trump. 

You know better Elle. Call it out!

8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Thanks for proving my point .

Excuse me for being for being out of the loop for a few days. Are you saying that President Trump is responsible for the mail.

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

What about when a guy who grabs a woman's breast says as a defense "the President of the United States says it's OK to grab women by their private parts."  Can we blame him then?

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/southwest-airlines/2018/10/23/trump-says-ok-grab-women-groping-suspect-tells-fbi-after-southwest-airlines-flight-texas

What if I got to a school to speak and give out children's awards and I say "**** Trump" during the speech. Do we blame Robert De Niro or do we blame me? What is your respone when I'm asked and go " Mr. De Niro did it and got a standing ovation".

I agree that there are certain psycho's that are screwed up enough to act on someone's words. I've stated more than once Trump is not Presidential in his addressing of the country.

This dude in the plane is what 49-50 years old? Seriously bet he has groped more than one woman and well before Trump was ever the President. Maybe he hasn't and this was his first. Usually those that do those type of things have a long pattern that goes back to childhood.

4 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

What if I got to a school to speak and give out children's awards and I say "**** Trump" during the speech. Do we blame Robert De Niro or do we blame me? What is your respone when I'm asked and go " Mr. De Niro did it and got a standing ovation".

I agree that there are certain psycho's that are screwed up enough to act on someone's words. I've stated more than once Trump is not Presidential in his addressing of the country.

This dude in the plane is what 49-50 years old? Seriously bet he has groped more than one woman and well before Trump was ever the President. Maybe he hasn't and this was his first. Usually those that do those type of things have a long pattern that goes back to childhood.

Sorry, but this doesn't hold water.  Your example is saying "why didn't so get a standing O?"  This is a real life situation where the on-the-record to police excuse is essentially "the President said I could."  That's a really different conversation.

My point here is that some have argued that rhetoric doesn't directly lead to incidents of violence.  Well, here ya go.  The guy may have a criminal record, but there's absolutely no disputing what's in a freaking police report for the "fake news" crowd out there.  I didn't pull this out of butt either.  This happened earlier in the week.  

8 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Yeah, you’re right. Mitch McConnell, I left him off. 

Ha! Your bias is noted young lady. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Sorry, but this doesn't hold water.  Your example is saying "why didn't so get a standing O?"  This is a real life situation where the on-the-record to police excuse is essentially "the President said I could."  That's a really different conversation.

My point here is that some have argued that rhetoric doesn't directly lead to incidents of violence.  Well, here ya go.  The guy may have a criminal record, but there's absolutely no disputing what's in a freaking police report for the "fake news" crowd out there.  I didn't pull this out of butt either.  This happened earlier in the week.  

Your argument holds as much water as Bobby Boucher’s did after he tackled Colonel Sanders: “Coach Klein said I could.”

6 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Ha! Your bias is noted young lady. :lol:

I’m morally opposed to evil. The fact that that puts me in opposition to the GOP is a sad by product. And thank you for the compliment. 😘

6 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Your argument holds as much water as Bobby Boucher’s did after he tackled Colonel Sanders: “Coach Klein said I could.”

It's not my argument.  It's the one made by the perpetrator of the crime.

1 minute ago, GiveEmElle said:

I’m morally opposed to evil. The fact that that puts me in opposition to the GOP is a sad by product.

That you might actually believe this is sad. Really sad.

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

That you might actually believe this is sad. Really sad.

So you wouldn’t call it evil to take healthcare away from millions of people or Rob people of social security to pay for tax cuts for the wealthy?

6 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

*Your use of the perpetrator’s argument*

As long as we're all on the same page that words apparently don't matter anymore, I'm good.  Because that's the argument I'm reading from a lot of folks.

Archived