Sounds like someone is sowing some chaos.

AUDub

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Some folks should listen to themselves.  

Nah. I listen to people I actually dislike when they make salient points. 

You're making an ass of yourself. Stop. It. 

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Nah. I listen to people I actually dislike when they make salient points. 

You're making an ass of yourself. Stop. It. 

Are you talking to yourself?  Why do you have to try to bully people who don't agree with you?  What exactly in my post was not factual? 

5 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I'm not saying I know who did it for a fact, but 1. The president has a habit of stirring up his supporters and 2. I don't think it's right to call it a 50/50 chance that it could be a Democrat trying to divide people. Based on the way Trump has talked about the Democrats and the media, there is a very very good chance that this is another Looney tunes that thinks he's doing good for Donald Trump. And I'm not so sure Trump isn't happy it happened. I have no reason to believe he isn't, based on how he's acted for the last two years.

Dude, I don't care if you know or not. I was being a smart ass about the individuals that told me I'm not allowed to have an opinion.

All I did was say what I thought it was. I didn't tell you or anyone to be silent or that you were wrong or what you could think.

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

Seriously? You think those are your options? 

Like I said, you are part of the problem.

This should be good. Please tell me why I am part of the problem because I suggested it could be a third option.

Really.. I am part of the problem because I don't immediately buy it being the Right going after the Left as the Left would want you to believe? I also am part of the problem cause I'm not buy the whole the Left did it to themselves that the Right would want you to believe?

So I don't buy into either the right or left's current "mob" mentality in this and I'm part of the problem?

2 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

It could be a 400 lb guy or rogue killers or middle easterners marching in a caravan.  The possibilities are limitless when you are on the right. But it couldn’t possibly be someone who listens to Trump or Hannity or any other Fox News regular say Democrats are a part of a deep state out to destroy America. It couldn’t possibly be someone who has listened to rhetoric from Trump that incites violence or hatred. It couldn’t be someone with a red MAGA hat that chants “Lock Her Up” at s political rally. It has to be a Democrat who wanted to invite a civil war by killing other Democrats. 

If you read my first post, the one that brought all the heat from the left leaning individuals, you will see I didn't blame/accuse/suspect etc etc the Democrats either. I also don't buy the Democrats did it on their own theory either.

It could be a screwed up Trump fan boy. Could be a screwed up Sanders fan boy. Then it could be just a screwed up individual taking advantage of current "mob" mentalities and having a good time with it cause they are ****** in the head. Somehow I have come under fire from the left for choosing option 3.

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Why didn't they target any Republicans? Since you have a good idea of their motives.

I don't know their motives, it was a damn opinion and my belief. Which obviously I'm not allowed to have today.

C'mon man it is simple. If you have no attachment and wanted to start crap which side would you attack and make the victim? Course you go with attacking Democrats and drop the blame on the Republicans.

Trump has said enough stupid crap that can be identified with being violent. Easier and more believable scapegoat of the two right now.

If both sides are attacked simultaneously do you think anyone would believe it was someone that leaned left/right? That gets you the couple months of kumbaya where we were attacked as Americans we must be one bit. You want to start crap you set up an attacker and a victim. Then let them each other.

It is so funny that I am catching sooo much grief and snark by not buying the Republicans did it and not buying the Democrats did it to themselves line.

8 hours ago, homersapien said:

What's the argument you want to present Nola? 

Are you trying to suggest that terrorism directed toward liberals is - by definition -  non-partisan?

Just because you or Tex4AU cant muster up a rational, defensible argument for such an assertion doesn't mean your opponents can't "reason with you". 

After all, one cannot "reason" with someone pushing an irrational argument.

I’m glad you saw my comment to T4A. 

5 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

If you read my first post, the one that brought all the heat from the left leaning individuals, you will see I didn't blame/accuse/suspect etc etc the Democrats either. I also don't buy the Democrats did it on their own theory either.

It could be a screwed up Trump fan boy. Could be a screwed up Sanders fan boy. Then it could be just a screwed up individual taking advantage of current "mob" mentalities and having a good time with it cause they are ****** in the head. Somehow I have come under fire from the left for choosing option 3.

Divorcing these events from the current   divisive political rhetoric that has exsisted since 2016 just seems illogical. That’s why you caught heat. 

48 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

It's as if the only language this guy knows is bull**** and deflection.  Zero self-awareness or taking responsibility for the s*** he says.

6 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

I don't know their motives, it was a damn opinion and my belief. Which obviously I'm not allowed to have today.

C'mon man it is simple. If you have no attachment and wanted to start crap which side would you attack and make the victim? Course you go with attacking Democrats and drop the blame on the Republicans.

Or, what if you genuinely just wanted to kill a bunch of people you see as the enemy?

9 hours ago, around4ever said:

These packages had to be hand delivered or it was a set up.  There are several triggers that don't make sense.

1) The Clintons and Obamas don't receive US Mail at their residences.  All mail addressed to their homes go to the Secret Service.  2) There is not enough postage on the packages for the USPS to process them.  3) If they did pass through a Post Office, the stamps would be cancelled.  4) How does a returned package to Wasserman-Shultz arrive on the same day as others were delivered to intended addresses.  

Sorry, but I'm calling hoax. 

You really need to lay off the howler monkey sites spinning conspiracy theory yarns about false flags.

1 hour ago, GiveEmElle said:

Divorcing these events from the current   divisive political rhetoric that has exsisted since 2016 just seems illogical. That’s why you caught heat. 

Very well said.

And @Texan4Auburn, nobody said you can't have an opinion. Jesus, that rhetorical tactic is so tired and disingenuous. If you're going to voice your opinion on a message board- especially a political one in 2018- then you'd damned well be prepared to support it. If you're going to be so sensitive about the response, then no, you probably shouldn't bother.

And you absolutely chose a side by immediately circumventing Occam's razor to steer the spotlight away from the side with the obvious motive. Furthermore, your suggestion that the "civil war that so many clearly want" or whatever you said would be more easily triggered by attacking Democrats very clearly betrays what side you're taking. Are you ***king kidding me? What do you think would happen if a bunch of NRA A+ rated GOPers got bombs in the mail? 

If you had just waited 5 minutes to offer your "unbiased" opinion, you would've seen King Orange Jackass seizing the opportunity to play the Great Unifier and deflect blame to the media. It's extremely predictable political opportunism on his part. So predictable, in fact......

9 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It's as if the only language this guy knows is bull**** and deflection.  Zero self-awareness or taking responsibility for the s*** he says.

Textbook narcissism. Trump is incapable of empathy and sees no fault in his own actions. Yet people thought this kind of man would make America great. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Very well said.

And @Texan4Auburn, nobody said you can't have an opinion. Jesus, that rhetorical tactic is so tired and disingenuous. If you're going to voice your opinion on a message board- especially a political one in 2018- then you'd damned well be prepared to support it. If you're going to be so sensitive about the response, then no, you probably shouldn't bother.

And you absolutely chose a side by immediately circumventing Occam's razor to steer the spotlight away from the side with the obvious motive. Furthermore, your suggestion that the "civil war that so many clearly want" or whatever you said would be more easily triggered by attacking Democrats very clearly betrays what side you're taking. Are you ***king kidding me? What do you think would happen if a bunch of NRA A+ rated GOPers got bombs in the mail? 

If you had just waited 5 minutes to offer your "unbiased" opinion, you would've seen King Orange Jackass seizing the opportunity to play the Great Unifier and deflect blame to the media. It's extremely predictable political opportunism on his part. So predictable, in fact......

There's a certain subset of people here that think "it's my opinion" serves as an inoculation against any critique or rebuttal.  It's not, but no matter how many times you explain this most basic of concepts to them, they still cling to it like Linus's blanket every time you push back.

12 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You really need to lay off the howler monkey sites spinning conspiracy theory yarns about false flags.

The Alex Jonesification of the mainstream GOP continues apace.

11 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

There's a certain subset of people here that think "it's my opinion" serves as an inoculation against any critique or rebuttal.  It's not, but no matter how many times you explain this most basic of concepts to them, they still cling to it like Linus's blanket every time you push back.

Sigh. You're right. 

M guess is these bombs were never intended to go off and hurt anybody. A person with murder in mind does not send bomb packages to people that don't open their own packages. The maker's identity and intent will be revealed in due time. 

Just now, Mikey said:

M guess is these bombs were never intended to go off and hurt anybody. A person with murder in mind does not send bomb packages to people that don't open their own packages. The maker's identity and intent will be revealed in due time. 

I wouldnt be so quick to give the pond scum of this country so much credit. There are some reallllly stupid individuals living in this country. Like unbelievably stupid. And when you mix stupid with crazy and splash in a leader who encourages this type of behavior, this is what you get. 

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I wouldnt be so quick to give the pond scum of this country so much credit. There are some reallllly stupid individuals living in this country. Like unbelievably stupid. And when you mix stupid with crazy and splash in a leader who encourages this type of behavior, this is what you get. 

ANTIFA is as likely a suspect in this as any right wing person or group.

I'll be surprised if there's a straight-line connect to some skinhead building stuff in his garage. This event begs for the statement "Not so fast, my friend". Whoever is responsible should have left a lot of forensic evidence. If he/she/they are clever enough to get away with this, then you can bet it's not some dummy that sends mail bombs to people that don't open their own mail.

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

ANTIFA is as likely a suspect in this as any right wing person or group.

Possible?  Sure.  "As likely?"  Pffft.  Occam's razor.

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'll be surprised if there's a straight-line connect to some skinhead building stuff in his garage. This event begs for the statement "Not so fast, my friend". Whoever is responsible should have left a lot of forensic evidence. If he/she/they are clever enough to get away with this, then you can bet it's not some dummy that sends mail bombs to people that don't open their own mail.

Not sure if you realize that not every person who decides to do crazy s*** to people they hate knows all the details of whether that person opens their own mail or gets mail delivered to their house.

Also, consider that even if he/she knew they don't open their mail, terror can be a motive.  Killing an employee who opens the package is just as useful for that purpose as killing the addressee themselves.

Archived