Can't make this up

cole256

18 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Any game against a Group of 5 team can be a trap game because the team doesn't get up for it. That was the only point I was making. And I left the rest of your post out because I wasn't arguing against any of it. I didn't mention Arkansas State because I know Gus inherited a good team.

But the suggestion that Bill Clark would make a better coach at Auburn than Malzahn when Clark has never even been an assistant in the Power 5 (where Malzahn won a Broyles Award, remember) is pushing it. I don't know that you've been making that point, but there are those who have, and that's where my problem lies.

Out of likes, but I tried on this one.

I agree about Clark's lack of pedigree. 100%.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Clark it would be betting in the trend. He's been successful at every head coaching spot he's been at. That takes a winner's mentality.

The problem I have with Malzahn's hire was his lack of head coaching experience at the collegiate level. (And Chizik for that matter).

Doesn't matter though. I think the administration is going to stick to their guns with Malzahn... Maybe UAB can keep a hold of him so we can snatch him up later 🤷

Archived