Maryland vs OSU

kevon67

Been fun to watch but likely OSU's pure talent will end up winning.....but Md making the OSU defense look suspect....again. 

Just hoping Michigan takes care of business next week.

I suspect, if they whoop up on tOSU, this'll be Cryer's final season.

His "heart" couldn't take Saban outpacing him and his "brain" won't be able to handle Harbaugh catching up to him.

29 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Just hoping Michigan takes care of business next week.

I suspect, if they whoop up on tOSU, this'll be Cryer's final season.

His "heart" couldn't take Saban outpacing him and his "brain" won't be able to handle Harbaugh catching up to him.

Thinking after a hypothetical year off he wants back in? I'm just saying, he's still a good coach and recruiter.

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Thinking after a hypothetical year off he wants back in? I'm just saying, he's still a good coach and recruiter.

Yeah, I've already figured when Dabo goes to bammer, that'll be Cryer's time to sign on as Clemson's HC.... until the next good coach signs on at FSU or Miami.  Then Urbs will discover another ailment... And so on...

8 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Yeah, I've already figured when Dabo goes to bammer, that'll be Cryer's time to sign on as Clemson's HC.... until the next good coach signs on at FSU or Miami.  Then Urbs will discover another ailment... And so on...

Not what I meant.

Dream coach, as I've said, would still be Mike Leach.

20 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Not what I meant.

Dream coach, as I've said, would still be Mike Leach.

He's floating the idea that he has a brain problem.  It didn't come to light until after he had the pre-season issues, lost to Purdue & looks like Michigan/Harbaugh is going to surpass him as the big-dog in the Big10.

Now, I have my own health issue so far be it from me to take health lightly, but he already has set a precedent by quitting on UF once Tebow left and Saban was clearly surpassing him as the big-dog, citing his health.  Yet he's fine to take over tOSU while the Big10 is down.  Guess his heart issues weren't THAT bad after all.  

Yes, he's a good coach & recruiter but I feel like he's a front runner and runs away from adversity.  Yes, I think he has a "heart" issue....but the figurative kind.

Not an Air-Raid guy, but with Auburn's current personnel, Leach might not be a bad choice.  Just not sure how sustainable that would be in the SEC.  Hal Mumme was fun, but never amounted to anything real.

22 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Just not sure how sustainable that would be in the SEC.  Hal Mumme was fun, but never amounted to anything real.

IMO that is the problem.....most of the better SEC defenses would probably eat it up..   Pretty much to win in the SEC you have to be able to run the ball....

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

IMO that is the problem.....most of the better SEC defenses would probably eat it up..   Pretty much to win in the SEC you have to be able to run the ball....

I agree with that.  "We" all poo-poo the defenses of other leagues, especially the Big12 & Pac12 so why is that different for Leach?  

I like HIM, don't get me wrong.  He's a fun personality.  Just not sold that he'd do as well in the SEC vs what he's done in those conferences.

With that said, if Auburn could sign him to a fiscally responsible contract (HAHAHA), I'd still take him over Gus today.

Archived