GAME THREAD: Auburn vs Alabama

RunInRed

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AuburnEagle79 said:

I will be interested to see what adjustments are made. We've gotta rough Tua up, make him uncomfortable. 

We have a chance right now, and that's something that I never would've imagined. 

Yeah, though the Citadel last week comes to mind.

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Or maybe a turnover or have to punt after a sack and give Bama a chance to score going into the half and coming out of the half and if they did essentially game over.  

Whats the difference between losing it right before the half and losing it in the 3rd quarter?    taking hope to the locker room for the half?  

Just now, corchjay said:

Or maybe a turnover or have to punt after a sack and give Bama a chance to score going into the half and coming out of the half and if they did essentially game over.  

So what if they score right after half? Game over? At some point, when you’re in our position, you have to put caution to the wind. That’s why I said, if we had been getting the kick I’d have no problem with the decision. We’re at best a 8 win regular season team, we were supposed to lose this game, why not just try?

Just now, AuburnEagle79 said:

I will be interested to see what adjustments are made. We've gotta rough Tua up, make him uncomfortable. 

We have a chance right now, and that's something that I never would've imagined. 

Adjustments!?!?!?! 😂😂😂😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

We don't really run a HUNH, well except for that dive play.

Unrelated, but kind of related, do we ever run a counter? I think if Shiv ran a counter the opposing teams linebackers would shatter their ankles out of shock.

if gus had called a play and we give them a turnover you guys would be all over him. you guys would be saying he should have run the clock out while we had momentum. i know many of y'all hate gus but at least be fair........

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

So what if they score right after half? Game over? At some point, when you’re in our position, you have to put caution to the wind. That’s why I said, if we had been getting the kick I’d have no problem with the decision. We’re at best a 8 win regular season team, we were supposed to lose this game, why not just try?

100%  right   

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I agree with all of this. You are playing the #1 team against your biggest rival and you have been on the hot seat all year long. Give me any other coach in the world and I bet they at least *try* to do something to get us within field goal range to tie the freaking game up. They don't just give up. That's the definition of a loser coach who would rather not lose a game than try to win! 

I'm very happy for the players and they're playing their hearts out but they are, once again, being let down by a coach who doesn't have that winning attitude. 

poor benefit/risk ratio IMO

uat was not expecting the game to be this close...all my bammer fan friends (who likely couldn't locate tuscaloser on a map) are complaining that the only reason the game is close is that our Tigers are obviously playing dirty aand trying to ignore their poor, defenseless players.

Wah, cry me a river. The refs are already your 12th man, what more do you want?

I’ll just put it out there for all to see if you are complaining about head coach decisions in this game you’re a complete idiot!!!

Guess I'm a complete idiot. Thanks!

Just now, corchjay said:

I’ll just put it out there for all to see if you are complaining about head coach decisions in this game you’re a complete idiot!!!

I don't know. Don't like his decision of gum choice today. Big Red gums is underrated. 

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Yeah, though the Citadel last week comes to mind.

Definitely. Even after all the complaining about recruiting, we've got the Jimmy's and Joe's to hang for a half, the citadel did not. 

Don't get me wrong though, we are prime candidates to get outscored 28-0 in the second half. 

You agree with the use of shivers?

Wish I could do about 6 likes. 

who knows what will happen from here out but great effort so far. Not happy with Stidham at all though.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

"Caution to the wind" is what's missing at Auburn, almost constantly. All the way back to when we kept an actual broken arm at QB in Athens.

Just now, RunInRed said:

Classic Turds. I don't ever remember booing an opposing teams band? These are the same people who had a chant about Lutz being dead.

Archived