GAME THREAD: Auburn vs Alabama

RunInRed

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did not want to give bama another shot at scoring, but our D just made a big stop and our O minded HC sits on the opportunity letting the clock run out ? What message are you sending to our D ? The team ? To bama ? Looks like puzzball playing not to lose. Bama will be tougher in the 2nd half because Saban (like most quality HCs) makes HT adjustments and Gus has a track record of NOT MAKING HT ADJUSTMENTS or chooses not to.   

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

if gus had called a play and we give them a turnover you guys would be all over him. you guys would be saying he should have run the clock out while we had momentum. i know many of y'all hate gus but at least be fair........

Okay you're right. 

6 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Can we please stop complaining about running out the clock when your QB is 5-15 in the first half for about 50 yards.  

four dropped balls. tends to results in that. You don't beat Alabama without taking some risks. Gus just told the entire offense he doesn't think they have the ability to score. this was a perfect 2 minute drill opportunity. No other coach would have made the same call

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

It's been a while ago now but when I came to the realization that most of Gus' problems come from his beta-ness it all made sense

I do not know where you get that stupid idea. A person does not get to where Gus is by being a "beta" male. He has worked his tail off and made difficult decisions. He is very competitive and he's no pushover. He no doubt is in a position he was not experienced enough for when he was hired, and that has probably hindered his coaching decisions. And he may be stubborn but he is not a passive man. It takes more guts that you will ever know for him to just get up each day and face the ire of Auburn fans. I'm no huge Gus fan as a coach, but that is so ridiculous it needs to be called out. Good Grief. 

Just now, Zeek said:

Classic Turds. I don't ever remember booing an opposing teams band? These are the same people who had a chant about Lutz being dead.

They are all related to Updyke hence Updyke U.

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Guess I'm a complete idiot. Thanks!

Is there a reason @corchjay that you want to talk about others name calling on a regular basis but you are doing so yourself? So this use of shivers has been a good decision? Getting away from the run when it working was a good decision? ETC

With the way Stidham is in the pocket I'm okay with just running the clock. 3 point game, no need to give them a chance to make it 10 points. I've seen enough of Stidham this year to know more bad can happen than good when he gets pressured. Under normal circumstances I see the frustration of running the clock but this team fought hard to get it to this point. The time to roll the dice is from here on out. 

Let's all give the D some praise for those last two stands. Didn't start the half off well but closed strong.

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

poor benefit/risk ratio IMO

I'm not talking about going all out and just throwing it deep every time. I'm talking about using the sidelines, using your timeouts, actually *trying*. They could have ran the ball every time and still used the timeouts. At least that's trying to score and not just accepting going into the half down by 3.

4 minutes ago, Tigerninja said:

uat was not expecting the game to be this close...all my bammer fan friends (who likely couldn't locate tuscaloser on a map) are complaining that the only reason the game is close is that our Tigers are obviously playing dirty aand trying to ignore their poor, defenseless players.

Wah, cry me a river. The refs are already your 12th man, what more do you want?

If and when the DIRTY T-town truth comes out, it's going to be a long, long, LONG fall. Looking forward to it! 

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I do not know where you get that stupid idea. A person does not get to where Gus is by being a "beta" male. He has worked his tail off and made difficult decisions. He is very competitive and he's no pushover. He no doubt is in a position he was not experienced enough for when he was hired, and that has probably hindered his coaching decisions. And he may be stubborn but he is not a passive man. It takes more guts that you will ever know for him to just get up each day and face the ire of Auburn fans. I'm no huge Gus fan as a coach, but that is so ridiculous it needs to be called out. Good Grief. 

TBelle I respect you but I'm not alone in this thinking. He's been showing his teeth more lately but his desire to become conservative has hurt us numerous times.

We'll agree to disagree on this point.

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

poor benefit/risk ratio IMO

Engineers don´t make good head coaches for a reason.

Archived