GAME THREAD: Auburn vs Alabama

RunInRed

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Score should be 21-10 AU at this point minus the bs holding call and then the unsportsmanlike contact on Gus for saying that was bullcrap.  Really bullcrap is worth 15 yards lol.  

I'm convinced we could get a lot of penalties on Bama if we ran HUNH without subbing. Bama subs an insane amount.

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Because we can't move the ball through the air. 

Then let´s go ahead and call it a day at halftime and head back to Auburn. Beat the traffic.

Just now, PDub said:

Where’s Shivers? 

Gus said that play actually worked! Let me put it on the shelf until next year. They'll never see it coming

1 minute ago, RunInRed said:

Halftime Stats ...

DszPaQYUUAA6yhn.jpg

That qbr for Ryan Davis! 

Just now, cole256 said:

Gus said that play actually worked! Let me put it on the shelf until next year. They'll never see it coming

I sadly believe his full potential will never be used here. He can be special, but we know what Gus does with special players

8 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY WHY IS GUS TAKING HIS FOOT OFF THE GAS RIGHT BEFORE THE HALF?!!!

Because he was paying attention from the sidelines in Athens 2 weeks ago.

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Score should be 21-10 AU at this point minus the bs holding call and then the unsportsmanlike contact on Gus for saying that was bullcrap.  Really bullcrap is worth 15 yards lol.  

Pop Warner you ain't. :thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Cole you're wrong. Explain to me how Raek shouldn't have been suspended for what he did to the Mizzou player? They seriously let him get by with an apology tweet. Not saying he should have been out all season but not even one game? Ridiculous.

https://goo.gl/images/1nZh8Y

Gus has pulled out the stops this game. We had a TD called back on a questionable call. Tide never gets called for holding on their offense line. We have mixed tough running with gimmick plays after starting with three dropped passes. Unlike others I think Gus was right in not making a mistake just before half time. A mistake a TD for bama then they get ball back on Kickoff and things are changed. Now we go into half with momentum a touch down and a stop.  

We are playing best team in the country tough. I have been off the Gus bus a while but today at least in the first half he has coached a great game. Now D has to step up on bama's first drfive of the second half and then who knows.

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I'm convinced we could get a lot of penalties on Bama if we ran HUNH without subbing. Bama subs an insane amount.

We don't really run a HUNH, well except for that dive play.

Just now, corchjay said:

Can we please stop complaining about running out the clock when your QB is 5-15 in the first half for about 50 yards.  

You have nothing to lose, bama gets the ball after half, had we been getting the kickoff, id feel a little different. Deep shot or RB screen, at least try something. 

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

You have nothing to lose, bama gets the ball after half, had we been getting the kickoff, id feel a little different. Deep shot or RB screen, at least try something. 

Or maybe a turnover or have to punt after a sack and give Bama a chance to score going into the half and coming out of the half and if they did essentially game over.  

FWIW, I notice when they show Gus while the offense is on the field, he has a full-size playsheet and is chattering in the head phones.  I suspect he's calling the plays.  

Just showing that though I'm over him, I'm fair.  I think he has a lot to do with the Offensive production this game.

Again, just wish Stids would quit running left or right and targeting the out of bounds.  There's at least one receiver worth some 50/50 balls...get it to him!!

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

I agree with all of this. You are playing the #1 team against your biggest rival and you have been on the hot seat all year long. Give me any other coach in the world and I bet they at least *try* to do something to get us within field goal range to tie the freaking game up. They don't just give up. That's the definition of a loser coach who would rather not lose a game than try to win! 

I'm very happy for the players and they're playing their hearts out but they are, once again, being let down by a coach who doesn't have that winning attitude. 

Archived