2019 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

JMO but y'all are under-estimating the AU brand name.    If you don't get out there and fight, you are just conceding to the top 5 schools that you will take the crumbs from under table.   

There's not enough time & resources to fight outside your region & still be in the best possible spot to land the best talent you can in your region. Without winning big you have to choose one or the other & staying on your region hard yields the highest benefits til your team can win big. Yes we have a good brand but it's not an elite brand right now for football & it is a requirement to recruit well nationally.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

JMO but y'all are under-estimating the AU brand name.    If you don't get out there and fight, you are just conceding to the top 5 schools that you will take the crumbs from under table.   

Auburn does gets out there and fight. Auburn is one of the biggest name brands out there out of schools who are not blue bloods. But what allows Clemson a school who has less tradition and history than us and is our little brother to recruit nationally so well and go out of their region is because Dabo has had 7 straight 10 win seasons. Auburn is way too bi polar right now. 

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I think Auburn is nationally recognized, unfortunately more for our dysfunction than our success. Back-to-back 10-win seasons anyone? I love Auburn and the potential is there; we have been incredibly successful despite our built in disadvantages. Somehow put it all together with the right guy at the helm and we could have a run that resulted in national brand recognition and an expansive recruiting base. I’m realistic enough to say we are not in that position right now and don’t have the pieces in place to get there in the short term.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

LOL E I had already moved on. I was talking about how impressive this class was and was using this to illustrate a point of how good of a recruiting staff Chiz had. I had moved on from the national recruiting talk. I am leaving that in the hands of you and mr fred!!! I have the attention span of a doberman!!! lmao

sorry.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

MR FRED YOU JUST GET ME!!!!!! GOAT coming of age high school movie ever easily!!! WOOOO!!!!!!!!!! lmao

spicoli.gif

Dude, seeing Phoebe Cates climbing out of that pool with The Cars “Moving In Stereo” on the soundtrack is one of the milestone moments of my adolescence

• Like 1
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, fredst said:

I think Auburn is nationally recognized, unfortunately more for our dysfunction than our success. Back-to-back 10-win seasons anyone? I love Auburn and the potential is there; we have been incredibly successful despite our built in disadvantages. Somehow put it all together with the right guy at the helm and we could have a run that resulted in national brand recognition and an expansive recruiting base. I’m realistic enough to say we are not in that position right now and don’t have the pieces in place to get there in the short term.

Agree mr fred!!! Auburn is Auburns biggest enemy. We have succeeded in spite of ourselves. If we ever get the hire right?! WATCH OUT!! If Gus can win a sec title and Tubs and Chiz AND FRICKIN BOWDEN can go undefeated?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Just think if we actually hire a really good coach the damage he could do. We are all patiently waiting! lol. We are a sleeping giant.

Edited by GwillMac6

Just now, fredst said:

Dude, seeing Phoebe Cates climbing out of that pool with The Cars “Moving In Stereo” on the soundtrack is one of the milestone moments of my adolescence

wolf.gif

• Love 2

4 minutes ago, fredst said:

giphy.gif

Poor people who get on this thread in the morning. They are going to see there are 2 more pages since yesterday & think we landed a commit tonight...

tenor.gif?itemid=3501814

Edited by ellitor
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone in the know, or jut outside of the know, care to speculate on who signs with AU on next week's early signing day?  Would you make a list?  Other than Nix and Pappoe, I have no clue.

Edited by AUDevil

2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Anyone in the know, or jut outside of the know, care to speculate on who signs with AU on next week's early signing day?  Would you make a list?  Other than Nix and Pappoe, I have no clue.

Yes @AUDevil. I have an Early NSD Primer coming Monday or Tuesday. Be patient.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, tigerman1186 said:

Who was having their 'official' visit this weekend??? Did they all make it??? 

@tigerman1186 there were only 2 OVs this weekend, Commits Pappoe & Wooden & they are 100% locked in with AU. The small number & them being locked in with AU is why there was no thread created for OVs for this weekend. Yes both made it.

• Like 2

This list looks a little tedious...Gus and Kevin have a lot of work to do...(free article, for now)

A look at the 247Sports Crystal Ball

ByKeith Niebuhr
Edited by ellitor
Removed article body. It was too long & awkward to paste.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, aujeff11 said:

@AUDevil, judging by that, we could feast on DL and whiff late on OL again. 

Florida has six OL committed? So jealous.

Unless there are a few Ben Grubbs on that DL list, I don't give a $@#$@.

4 hours ago, AUDevil said:

This list looks a little tedious...Gus and Kevin have a lot of work to do...(free article, for now)

A look at the 247Sports Crystal Ball

ByKeith Niebuhr

That seems about right. This is not going to be a great class. It it will be a good one. Still missing OL which is vital. Until we get the big uglies on the OL we will always be behind.  

Just now, abw0004 said:

Any shot with recent Michigan transfer DL, Aubrey Solomon?  Georgia native who is a former 5*.

Haven't seen his name come up. He had a handful of schools higher on his list than AU when he chose Michigan out of high school.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

@ellitor

Is Auburn interested in Luke Ford, transferring from Georgia? 

With two tight ends coming in the class and limited spots to bring in new players overall I doubt it.

Also since we have had a number of these the past week or 2,  for anyone asking about transfers the day they see their name the chances are very low potential Destiination spots come out the same day. Give it some time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Preferred walk on for Jonathan Fells.   Ozark, AL   RB  2*

My dad's home town

• Like 1