NCAA tourney thread

gravejd

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, around4ever said:

UF doing their best AU impression down the stretch.  

Yep. Blew a fifteen point lead. Down to 3point lead now.

UF wins in spite of themselves, just like us. SEC 4-0 today. Guarantees a winning record in 1st round.

My Auburn to final four bracket is alive and well. 

Have couple others that are not so great.

JS 😉

02F3CA07-250C-476A-B888-03F86D8F1E08.png

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

AU gets the last game on Saturday 

9:40 ET/ 8:40 CT

MORE REST. YAY! No seriously we need it more than anyone. 

15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

MORE REST. YAY! No seriously we need it more than anyone. 

Well I was looking forward to watching during the middle part of the day when I had the house essentially to myself, but your point is much more valid than my selfish desires.  

20 hours ago, Tiger said:

He's actually had a solid year. Have his pro prospects improved at all over this season? Serious question. 

His minutes went up but averaged less points, less rebounds, and assists/steals kinda hovered around the same. I know St John's goes as Shamorie Ponds goes and everything goes through him but I was expecting/hoping to see Moose average like 18ppg 

It was always ponds team and people like to take a person's stats and move it to another team but it rarely works like that. When you go to another team and have to fit in with other people quickly is VERY hard to do. To say he can't carry a team is laughable as we watched him do it here but everybody is entitled to their own opinion. To make pretend he doesn't play good D while our guys do is mind boggling

22 hours ago, Tiger said:

He's actually had a solid year. Have his pro prospects improved at all over this season? Serious question. 

His minutes went up but averaged less points, less rebounds, and assists/steals kinda hovered around the same. I know St John's goes as Shamorie Ponds goes and everything goes through him but I was expecting/hoping to see Moose average like 18ppg 

If he did help his pro prospects i don't know how he did it. I think its safe to say Heron was a little over rated coming out of HS. Solid player for sure but he is not the 5* program changing player he was billed to be. I wish he would have stayed at AU cause we could certainly have used him this season but at the same time....i don't know we would in any better position then we currently are had he stayed. His ability to drive would have fit in really well with the shooters we have on the team. 

In other news my bracket is currently ranked 11 out of 13 people who filled one out. But i think today i am making my run 😂

Nevada losing has messed me up. I did not expect UF to be able to D them up like that

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

It was always ponds team and people like to take a person's stats and move it to another team but it rarely works like that. When you go to another team and have to fit in with other people quickly is VERY hard to do. To say he can't carry a team is laughable as we watched him do it here but everybody is entitled to their own opinion. To make pretend he doesn't play good D while our guys do is mind boggling

Trust me I understand all of that, I didn't see more than 2 minutes of St John's all year to be honest that's why I was asking - - all I could reference was the stats. I know what Moose meant to us. I also never alluded to him being unable to carry a team or play good D bro.

But I did notice in Chris Mullin's post game presser the media kept asking him about Pond's NBA prospects and no mention of Heron's. That's what got me thinking about it and all I could do was check his stats 

5 minutes ago, gravejd said:

If he did help his pro prospects i don't know how he did it. I think its safe to say Heron was a little over rated coming out of HS. Solid player for sure but he is not the 5* program changing player he was billed to be. I wish he would have stayed at AU cause we could certainly have used him this season but at the same time....i don't know we would in any better position then we currently are had he stayed. His ability to drive would have fit in really well with the shooters we have on the team. 

In other news my bracket is currently ranked 11 out of 13 people who filled one out. But i think today i am making my run 😂

Nevada losing has messed me up. I did not expect UF to be able to D them up like that

Idk about that. Without him we dont win our first championship in decades. That's program changing to me. Him signing with us also sent a message to other top players that our program is changing. I believe we have discussed this before (I think it was with you at least) we can respectfully agree to disagree on this one. You had mentioned "program changing" to you meant someone who doesn't stay long enough to actually change the program (Ben Simmons, etc) - - apologies if I'm confusing you with someone else. 

13 hours ago, around4ever said:

Kentucky gives up a record low of 13 points in the first half.  Beating Abilene Christian 39-13. 

Close to the worst I've ever seen. The worst was our opening SEC game in the Arena. The Barbee-coached Auburn Tigers were behind LSU 37-6 at the half. It was so astonishing that you couldn't even be upset about it.

13 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Idk about that. Without him we dont win our first championship in decades. That's program changing to me. Him signing with us also sent a message to other top players that our program is changing. I believe we have discussed this before (I think it was with you at least) we can respectfully agree to disagree on this one. You had mentioned "program changing" to you meant someone who doesn't stay long enough to actually change the program (Ben Simmons, etc) - - apologies if I'm confusing you with someone else. 

Oh we have discussed that. Sorry let me remove program changing from the equation. 

I think he was expected to be a sure fire pro prospect and not the fringe pro prospect he has turned out to be. That is why i think was a bit overrated out of HS. I don't know that he has improved his game that much from his Freshmen season. I think he peaked on his abilities a little sooner than people expected. But maybe he goes on to have a long productive pro career and i am wrong here. Time will tell

27 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Trust me I understand all of that, I didn't see more than 2 minutes of St John's all year to be honest that's why I was asking - - all I could reference was the stats. I know what Moose meant to us. I also never alluded to him being unable to carry a team or play good D bro.

But I did notice in Chris Mullin's post game presser the media kept asking him about Pond's NBA prospects and no mention of Heron's. That's what got me thinking about it and all I could do was check his stats 

I was more replying to everybody's convo I read on the subject not just you individually. Now I don't think he helped his draft status at all. It was ponds team when he came and I imagine he should've figured it was going to be his team this year as well. 

I don't know but you come to a team where the PG averages 20 I wouldn't think I'm going to get a plethora of opportunities. 

I look at program changing different I guess. To me that's generational players and I don't think people looked at him that way IMO. But he played out of position with us. People that want to go to the league or have the chance to do so that's a HUGE sacrifice that people commonly overlook

15 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

UF wins in spite of themselves, just like us. SEC 4-0 today. Guarantees a winning record in 1st round.

Did you see the end of LSU? Yale was painfully close to coming all the way back as well.crazy day. Are most of you pulling for SEC teams???

Looks like that SEC winning streak is over....OM playing like they would rather be somewhere else....

Archived