Presidential Approval Ratings

RunInRed

2 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Interesting ...

Well, I wonder what Trump’s average approval rating would be if the “Russia, Russia, Russia, Treason, Stolen Election lies” had not been perpetuated by the  unlawful deep state and their best friends from the main stream media????  I’ll guess somewhere north of 50%. 

3 hours ago, auburn41 said:

Well, I wonder what Trump’s average approval rating would be if the “Russia, Russia, Russia, Treason, Stolen Election lies” had not been perpetuated by the  unlawful deep state and their best friends from the main stream media????  I’ll guess somewhere north of 50%. 

The key obstruction-related events Mueller collected facts and evidence on are:

1. Trump insisted that he doubted that Russia was behind the hacking of Democrats’ emails, and denied having any business in Russia even though his company was trying to build a skyscraper in Moscow.
  2. Trump tried to get FBI Director James Comey to drop an investigation into Michael Flynn (but Comey didn’t do it).
  3. Trump tried several times to get Attorney General Jeff Sessions to reverse his recusal from oversight of the Russia investigation or to rein in the probe.
  4. Trump fired Comey.
  5. Trump directed McGahn to have Mueller himself fired (but McGahn didn’t carry this out).
  6. Trump tried to prevent the disclosure of emails revealing Donald Jr.’s meeting at Trump Tower with a Russian lawyer.
  7. Trump and his legal team urged key figures in the probe (like Paul Manafort) not to “flip” and attacked those who did flip (like Michael Cohen).

Shouldn't be too hard to beat Trump. 

Get back the white voters who voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012 ,who then turned around and voted for Trump in 2016 in:

Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Florida

40 minutes ago, homersapien said:

The key obstruction-related events Mueller collected facts and evidence on are:

1. Trump insisted that he doubted that Russia was behind the hacking of Democrats’ emails, and denied having any business in Russia even though his company was trying to build a skyscraper in Moscow.
  2. Trump tried to get FBI Director James Comey to drop an investigation into Michael Flynn (but Comey didn’t do it).
  3. Trump tried several times to get Attorney General Jeff Sessions to reverse his recusal from oversight of the Russia investigation or to rein in the probe.
  4. Trump fired Comey.
  5. Trump directed McGahn to have Mueller himself fired (but McGahn didn’t carry this out).
  6. Trump tried to prevent the disclosure of emails revealing Donald Jr.’s meeting at Trump Tower with a Russian lawyer.
  7. Trump and his legal team urged key figures in the probe (like Paul Manafort) not to “flip” and attacked those who did flip (like Michael Cohen).

Even though this BS has nothing to do with the OP I’ll just point out to you that the Trump Administration claimed NO EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE!!!  Enough said.😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

8 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Interesting ...

That's a better percentage than the mainstream media was giving Trump one day before the last election. Who the Dems put forth is more important than Trump's approval rating. If they can't do much, much better than Hillary, Trump will win again in 2020.

1 hour ago, Auburn85 said:

Get back the white voters who voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012 ,who then turned around and voted for Trump in 2016 in:

Assuming 2016's map is close to the same, Dems literally have to flip a total of 80k votes in three key states.  That's it.

4 hours ago, Auburn85 said:

It will be hard to beat Trump if the economy stays as is. Most certain with the voters you mentioned.

Dems have not walked out anyone that can beat Trump IMO . 

18 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

It will be hard to beat Trump if the economy stays as is. Most certain with the voters you mentioned.

Dems have not walked out anyone that can beat Trump IMO . 

Several could. They could also screw it up.

42 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I do not think several "could". If we have a few Decembers 2018 maybe.

You're dismissing what will likely be the primary issue of the campaign: healthcare.  And the fact is, a Republican can't run on fixing that because they've already failed to deliver anything despite owning both houses of Congress and the White House.

Rules of Presidential Approval Ratings:

1.  Presidential approval ratings only matter when our guy has good ratings and their guy has bad ratings.  

2. If our guy has bad ratings, it's because of the unfair media coverage.

3. If their guy has good ratings, it's because the media isn't telling you the full truth about them.

This reality distortion field can be adapted for almost anything in the political realm.  Because after all, it's far more important for me to continue believing in my team than it is to understand the truth.  

Wisconsin may be a heavy lift for Trump:

"Over the past 2 years, nearly 1,200 of the state’s dairy farms have stopped milking cows and so far this year, another 212 have disappeared... The total number of herds in Wisconsin is now below 8,000 — about half as many as 15 years ago."

11 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

You're dismissing what will likely be the primary issue of the campaign: healthcare.  And the fact is, a Republican can't run on fixing that because they've already failed to deliver anything despite owning both houses of Congress and the White House.

Economy is always a primary issue. I think both matter. Same for foreign policy/national security, arguably.

From the talk of things, President Trump should apparently be an easy pushover. We will see...

18 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Economy is always a primary issue. I think both matter. Same for foreign policy/national security, arguably.

From the talk of things, President Trump should apparently be an easy pushover. We will see...

Not saying economy isn't an important issue.  But Salty's premise (as I inferred) was that as long as the economy was strong, re-election was more certain.  Just think there's a lot more to it than that.  And if we want to talk economy only, the stock market isn't everything.  Income inequality is a real thing.  Rising cost of goods is real.  Etc, etc.  Those issues will need to be addressed in 2020.

Don't think Trump will be a pushover whatsoever.  His base is dedicated in ways I've never seen before.  But it's also important to remember that while he won a large electoral college margin, the actual vote margin that won key states was less than 0.1% of all votes cast in 2016.  That is not a hard number to flip.

5 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Rules of Presidential Approval Ratings:

1.  Presidential approval ratings only matter when our guy has good ratings and their guy has bad ratings.  

2. If our guy has bad ratings, it's because of the unfair media coverage.

3. If their guy has good ratings, it's because the media isn't telling you the full truth about them.

This reality distortion field can be adapted for almost anything in the political realm.  Because after all, it's far more important for me to continue believing in my team than it is to understand the truth.  

4. It only matters on Election Day...

Congressional Approval Rates under both parties is at best 17%? 

On 4/28/2019 at 10:42 AM, NolaAuTiger said:

I'd be willing to bet that the economy is a much more important psychological factor in elections when it's bad, than when it's good.  

That's probably true for most issues.

Archived