2020 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread

On 11/2/2019 at 1:25 PM, Tiger said:

OK Justin Powell 👀 👀

He threw it out of bounds and off a girl’s face. Disregard for the rules and disrespecting women. Do not want. 

• Haha 2

I think Powell is going to be a very pleasant surprise. He has a nice shot, handles the ball well is big enough to shoot over smaller guards and take it inside and pull up or go to the rack or pass to an open man he is a very well rounded player who I think will be a great third scoring option.  

In recruiting news, Matthew Murrell announces tomorrow, Saturday, Nov 9. Most think it’s down to Ole Miss and Auburn with Ole Miss as the favorite. Certainly would be an awesome pickup for the early signing period. Hope we can pull an upset here 

Edited by tigerbrotha12
  • Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 3:27 PM, tigerbrotha12 said:

In recruiting news, Matthew Murrell announces tomorrow, Saturday, Nov 9. Most think it’s down to Ole Miss and Auburn with Ole Miss as the favorite. Certainly would be an awesome pickup for the early signing period. Hope we can pull an upset here 

Ole Miss

Rumor alert:

There are some rumblings on the ITAT boards that things are happening for 2 AU prospects that are really good for AU- one of these players is currently committed to another school and was a big time AU prospect beforehand. Not Kessler or Brakefield, however. I don’t know any particulars, just saw a pretty reliable poster relayed this info. Will monitor..

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Rumor alert:

There are some rumblings on the ITAT boards that things are happening for 2 AU prospects that are really good for AU- one of these players is currently committed to another school and was a big time AU prospect beforehand. Not Kessler or Brakefield, however. I don’t know any particulars, just saw a pretty reliable poster relayed this info. Will monitor..

Time to speculate...

Hmm... BJ Boston? 

16 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

Time to speculate...

Hmm... BJ Boston? 

I read what you read.....Someone also read it something on rivals.....no names or anything like that, so we wait.....some say kessler may be coming back into play...i guess its best to not speculate and to just wait quietly

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Is this maybe because we are getting word from NCAA that everything is over for the shoes?

nobody is saying anything specific.....i don't have a clue about "who,what,where, or why" and hooks hasn't said a peep

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

nobody is saying anything specific.....i don't have a clue about "who,what,where, or why" and hooks hasn't said a peep

the info is from "Not an Insider" on the bunker. He said its not kessler or brakefield. Been on point in the past but not sure if he's an insider or gets second hand info.

Can anyone tell me why we didn't recruit colby jones?....i watched some video on him, and i thought he was worth the risk..was he holding his hand out like watford?

Edited by doverstutts

18 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Rumor alert:

Who’s the poster?

15 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

Is this maybe because we are getting word from NCAA that everything is over for the shoes?

@LKEEL75 What do you mean by over for the shoes? It’s been reported on 247 that the NCAA likely will not close the case for a long time maybe even another full year so I don’t think that’s it. It’s also believed that will not have a negative impact on Auburn.

15 hours ago, doverstutts said:

hooks hasn't said a peep

He’s been so emotional lately when he has talked recruiting it wouldn’t do no good anyway if he posted.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, doverstutts said:

Can anyone tell me why we didn't recruit colby jones?..

We did but like a handful of other 2 guards better.

14 hours ago, doverstutts said:

was he holding his hand out like watford?

don’t think so. I think the staff just liked other players like Boston, Jalen Green, and Matthew Murrell better among others.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@LKEEL75 What do you mean by over for the shoes? It’s been reported on 247 that the NCAA likely will not close the case for a long time maybe even another full year so I don’t think that’s it. It’s also believed that will not have a negative impact on Auburn.

Yeah I know it has been reported that NCAA wasn't going to be doing anything immediately but it has also been repeatedly said that the looming possibility was a huge reason we were having issues with some of the recruits.  I was HOPING that maybe there was some news finally coming that the NCAA had made a ruling and we were not going to have any further restrictions which is why the recruits were starting to come back

Just hoping that all this mess would be over and we could move on.  Not sure why I said shoes.  Just my fingers typing what my brain says before it goes through any filters.

Image result for gif cat slap keyboard

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Yeah I know it has been reported that NCAA wasn't going to be doing anything immediately but it has also been repeatedly said that the looming possibility was a huge reason we were having issues with some of the recruits.  I was HOPING that maybe there was some news finally coming that the NCAA had made a ruling and we were not going to have any further restrictions which is why the recruits were starting to come back

Just hoping that all this mess would be over and we could move on.  Not sure why I said shoes.  Just my fingers typing what my brain says before it goes through any filters.

Image result for gif cat slap keyboard

I do believe the cloud did have an affect on guys like Kessler and Brakefield. what I’m saying though is the same article that said the NCAA wasn’t going to  Finish up the case for a while also said that it’s not expected to be a recruiting impact going forward. Sorry I didn’t clarify

• Like 1

I did find out in a post that one of the players supposedly, was b.j. boston.....i wonder ( IF TRUE) if all of the talk about Okoro being 1 & done has caused that interest?....not getting my hopes up and nothing has been said about the anonymous  player #2 other than speculation.....waiting on hooks but he is not saying much

I wonder about the C/PF from montgomery, Gordon?...He looks like he could be developed into an "enforcer" type inside guy at 6'8" 230 with a body that could carry 20-30 more lbs and we are going to need a rebounder and 5 more fouls due to graduation. I hope we are bringing another PG to go with Cooper....My goodness, we need one in the worst way if turbo ain't up to snuff.....speaking of turbo, i watched a lot of his video and TBH, i am mystified as to why he is struggling to get playing time.....he was dynamic in the vids i watched, fast as lightning

Edited by doverstutts

2 hours ago, doverstutts said:

I did find out in a post that one of the players supposedly, was b.j. boston.....i wonder ( IF TRUE) if all of the talk about Okoro being 1 & done has caused that interest?....not getting my hopes up and nothing has been said about the anonymous  player #2 other than speculation.....waiting on hooks but he is not saying much

I wonder about the C/PF from montgomery, Gordon?...He looks like he could be developed into an "enforcer" type inside guy at 6'8" 230 with a body that could carry 20-30 more lbs and we are going to need a rebounder and 5 more fouls due to graduation. I hope we are bringing another PG to go with Cooper....My goodness, we need one in the worst way if turbo ain't up to snuff.....speaking of turbo, i watched a lot of his video and TBH, i am mystified as to why he is struggling to get playing time.....he was dynamic in the vids i watched, fast as lightning

He missed most of summer workouts due to a stress fracture (a lot of high school kids are getting them nowadays from playing too much with AAU + highschool ball). Plus it takes time for a young PG to learn Bruce's system. He will be good, it will just take some time. Even Jared was slow to start, just give the kid some time. I'm hoping he gets a lot of minutes within the next week to grow into the role more.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, crococile22 said:

He missed most of summer workouts due to a stress fracture (a lot of high school kids are getting them nowadays from playing too much with AAU + highschool ball). Plus it takes time for a young PG to learn Bruce's system. He will be good, it will just take some time. Even Jared was slow to start, just give the kid some time. I'm hoping he gets a lot of minutes within the next week to grow into the role more.

Yes we need some easier games to get the young guys in there. Hoping that can start with the game on Friday against CSU. 

I also saw in an article where Turbo may be better suited as a 2 guard instead of being a pure PG type. I don't recall any justification for that statement in the article so i'd be curious if anyone with more insight into the players can confirm or deny that. The HS highlights that we get to see of these kids just don't give enough info for me to have an opinion on what he is best suited for.