2020 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread

6 hours ago, roe4christ said:

Thanks Ellitor. Still a long time to wait to see how the dominoes fall with Brown, Green, and Big Cliff. Would love to finish with that line up. 

I’d rather have Maker Makur than Cliff.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Saw the rivals article that said Auburn and Oregon are his most likely landing spots if he can’t enter the draft. Honestly hadn’t heard much about us with Makur - any insight into whether we have a real shot here? 

7 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

Saw the rivals article that said Auburn and Oregon are his most likely landing spots if he can’t enter the draft. Honestly hadn’t heard much about us with Makur - any insight into whether we have a real shot here? 

@Dunndone414 from the previous page a few days ago...

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

I would take either and be very very happy. Don’t see us getting three of those four but two out of four would be very nice to go with Cooper, Moore, and Powell.

7 foot C originally from the Philippines is visiting AU today. Tweet & recent article below

Kai Sotto breaks down visits, discusses college and pro options

By Evan Daniels
Kai Sotto
Kai Sotto

LAS VEGAS – Kai Sotto, a native of the Philippines, has been a big topic in the recruiting landscape over the past two weeks. On Tuesday at the Tarkanian Classic, Sotto had an opportunity to match up with five-star center Makur maker.

During the blowout win over CIBA, Sotto, a 7-foot-1 post prospect, flashed his offensive potential, making a handful of shots from mid-range and showing his deft touch around the basket.  

“My dad was a professional basketball player in the Philippines when I was young so every time he had a practice with his pro team I would go to watch the guys practice and then after that my dad would call me, ‘Kai, let’s shoot, let me teach you something,’” Sotto explained. “So I got [shooting] from my dad.

Before landing in to the United States recently, Sotto built a strong reputation in the Philippines. Sotto was productive in FIBA competition, and this past summer averaged 11.7 points and 7.9 rebounds a game at the FIBA u19 European Championships.

There’s been a lot of buzz on Sotto as of late because of taking recent college unofficial visits to Kentucky and Georgia Tech.

“It’s been great,” Sotto said of the recent recruiting process. “Just seeing the opportunities that I can have in the future that might be for me.”

Sotto did note that while he’s looking into the college option seriously, he’s also not writing off the professional path.

“It’s not 100%, I haven’t decided it yet,” Sotto told 247Sports. “I’m just focusing on this year, trying to develop, trying to be the best I can be for whatever happens next year.”

“Play professional or play in college,” he added. “There are a lot of opportunities, I’m not just looking at college as my only option.”

If college is in Sotto’s future the school options are lining up. To go with Kentucky and Georgia Tech, Sotto has received calls from DePaul, Auburn, Georgia Tech, Nebraska, USC and a host of others. Sotto’s first college visit was to Kentucky last Monday.

“It was great,” Sotto said. “Kentucky is Kentucky. Just a great school, great facilities, great coaches, great players.”

What was his favorite part about the visit?

“Seeing the facilities, they just have everything,” Sotto said. “The guys were so welcoming.”

Just two days after visiting Kentucky, Sotto took an unofficial visit to Georgia Tech. Among the things he liked was it’s close to his new home in Atlanta.

“Georgia Tech is nice,” Sotto said. “For me, living in Georgia with my family here so that’s a big thing for me too. Georgia Tech is a great place, great team, great coach and the coach is telling me that I would have a big role on the team next year so that’s a big thing for me. It just helps me to think of the future where I can work hard and be ready when the time comes.”

The same day that Sotto took a visit to Georgia Tech, he also met with DePaul’s Dave Leitao.

“Coach was great,” Sotto said. “He told me about his history, his coaching history and the school. We had a great conversation.”

Sotto, a standout at Atlanta (Ga.) The Skill Factory, will soon be rated as a four-star center prospect on 247Sports.

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

• Like 5
  • Love 1

This kid is at least 7'-1" tall.  I think CWF is 6'-1 maybe 6'-2. Would like to see Sotto standing next to Wiley.

On 1/7/2020 at 1:10 PM, ellitor said:

7 foot C originally from the Philippines is visiting AU today. Tweet & recent article below

It's time for Chuck Person to start making things right.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

this would be cool get back against UK for that Montgomery kid 

UK didn't do anything to get EJ Montgomery from us. We lost him because of the Chuck scandal & his sisters' issues with the women's program when she was here. UK was just the beneficiary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

UK didn't do anything to get EJ Montgomery from us. We lost him because of the Chuck scandal & his sisters' issues with the women's program when she was here. UK was just the beneficiary.

history remembers these situations all the same, and Id like to be on the right side of it in this instance 

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

By far one of the more bizarre stories to come out of AU and hurt us bigly.

Isn't Chandler's and Davidson's game similar? Seems like we would have a better chance with Davidson since he's from the state of Alabama. Also, did the 7'2" Philippino player get an offer?

6 hours ago, Tiger said:

One of these teams is not like the others... 

When it comes to basketball 2 are not like the others.

• Like 2