2020 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread

On 11/28/2019 at 9:41 AM, dyehardfanAU said:

Rongie Gordon and Jalen Green would be an excellent finish to this class.  I think odds are long on Green doe.

Rongie has committed to UAB.  I wonder if BRUCE let him know we weren't going to have room to take him?

18 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Rongie has committed to UAB.  I wonder if BRUCE let him know we weren't going to have room to take him?

I hope that is the case because I liked Rongie. I thought he could help us down the road. Rongie is the type of player before Bruce arrived we would be celebrating like it was 1999. Now we seem to have higher expectations.

Evan Daniels said that Kai Sotto is a “gifted offensive prospect with NBA potential. At 7-foot-1, Sotto has impressive hands and touch,” and that he has been hearing from Auburn. #wareagle
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, roe4christ said:
Evan Daniels said that Kai Sotto is a “gifted offensive prospect with NBA potential. At 7-foot-1, Sotto has impressive hands and touch,” and that he has been hearing from Auburn. #wareagle

I want to hear more about anyone over 6'8" that is interested in AU.....i am super worried about our bigs after this season. We need a grad transfer big or 2....

Watched a couple highlight tapes of the guy, seems like a likeable dude. I think if we got him, he'd give us a narrative angle to work like Rui Hachimura for the Zags. They got a LOT of views just off of that. He also happened to be very good

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

This dude isn't even ranked on 247 composite. Wow, finding this guy may be an absolute gem...

Unfortunately he has already visited UK as well, so it’s not as if Bruce is on a total unknown here. No idea where either school stands with him - still a possibility he plays pro next year instead. Would like to have him, seems he could play the role we’d hoped Kessler would. 

4 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

Unfortunately he has already visited UK as well, so it’s not as if Bruce is on a total unknown here. No idea where either school stands with him - still a possibility he plays pro next year instead. Would like to have him, seems he could play the role we’d hoped Kessler would. 

I watched some game video against good competition( AAU, I assume) and he is not ready for the NBA...He needs weight and is not anywhere near physical enough....He has great ability for his size, but he needs to develop more

14 hours ago, doverstutts said:

I watched some game video against good competition( AAU, I assume) and he is not ready for the NBA...He needs weight and is not anywhere near physical enough....He has great ability for his size, but he needs to develop more

Agree, based on the limited video I’ve seen. I assume he means playing pro outside the US.  

On 12/17/2019 at 11:23 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Watched a couple highlight tapes of the guy, seems like a likeable dude. I think if we got him, he'd give us a narrative angle to work like Rui Hachimura for the Zags. They got a LOT of views just off of that. He also happened to be very good

I wonder where the money comes from for all those trainers....

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Speaking of gonzaga jaylen suggs is the type of athlete that would generate all kind of buzz and money to our program but that's just a dream it won't happen, but he's the type of athlete that we need here

How many additional spots do we have on next years roster if Okoro stays? We want him to stay for sure and I think it will help his game to stay one more year. 

On 12/23/2019 at 7:21 PM, Tiger said:

I want Cliff O to sign with AU so badly. This is the type of dude that we can excel with protecting the rim and just being bouncy and quick and catching lobs

Would you rather have 5* & #2 C Maker Makur? Here’s an interesting nugget from Eric Bossi from rivals. He says AU has put it self in a really good spot with Makur. He says Makur is trying to get NBA draft eligible for 2020 but if he doesn’t he will go to college. He says also that Auburn has done a really good job laying groundwork when other teams assumed he would be going to the NBA or overseas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 12/29/2019 at 12:21 PM, JFDTiger80 said:

How many additional spots do we have on next years roster if Okoro stays?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ellitor said:

Would you rather have 5* & #2 C Maker Makur? Here’s an interesting nugget from Eric Bossi from rivals. He says AU has put it self in a really good spot with Makur. He says Makur is trying to get NBA draft eligible for 2020 but if he doesn’t he will go to college. He says also that Auburn has done a really good job laying groundwork when other teams assumed he would be going to the NBA or overseas.

Either would obviously be great. Feel free to correct any of this, but from what I’ve seen it sounds like the NBA ruling in Maker isn’t expected until around April? I’m not sure when CO plans on committing somewhere, but I’d hate to turn away or slow play someone of his caliber on the hope that the NBA doesn’t let Maker enter the draft and that he picks us. 

I could be off base here, but Maker has the feel to me of the first dart throw we make with the extra spot that could open up if Okoro leaves early? 

On 12/31/2019 at 6:34 AM, AuburnArch13 said:

Either would obviously be great. Feel free to correct any of this, but from what I’ve seen it sounds like the NBA ruling in Maker isn’t expected until around April? I’m not sure when CO plans on committing somewhere, but I’d hate to turn away or slow play someone of his caliber on the hope that the NBA doesn’t let Maker enter the draft and that he picks us

Cliff doesn’t look to be anywhere  close to committing. Besides most kids that have waited this long to commit probably aren’t going to commit until the late signing period Which is in April.

On 12/31/2019 at 6:34 AM, AuburnArch13 said:

but Maker has the feel to me of the first dart throw we make with the extra spot that could open up if Okoro leaves early? 

Not necessarily. We have two open spots now and both could be used for big men.

20 hours ago, ellitor said:

Mannn I'm not holding my breath on Maker but seeing him fly around out there in our system would be insane! If we can pull a talent like that I'd take him in a heartbeat. You're getting my hopes up, E! Makur looks sooo skilled out there. But I must admit to being a long time vocal champion for Thon Maker, his cousin or brother I can't remember, and @GwillMac6 will gladly remind me how wrong I was on that one LOL. I just remember being enamored with Thon's highlight film in a similar way to how I view Makur's. But I would take Makur 8 days out of the week as he's going to be a top 5 draft pick barring injury. And that's not a slam on Cliff at all. I see Cliff as a guy who can come in and have similar havoc wreaking potential in our system but Makur is elite with his size and skill. JMO

• Haha 1

When is the signing period date, can’t find info?

50 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

When is the signing period date, can’t find info?

@roe4christ Basketball has two signing periods. The early signing period for basketball has already happened. It was November. The late signing period for basketball starts on tax day April 15 and goes through mid May.

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

@roe4christ Basketball has two signing periods. The early signing period for basketball has already happened. It was November. The late signing period for basketball starts on tax day April 15 and goes through mid May.

Thanks Ellitor. Still a long time to wait to see how the dominoes fall with Brown, Green, and Big Cliff. Would love to finish with that line up.