97% of Signees Have Enrolled Under Gus

AU-24

Oh, I almost forgot about the people that Misquote Google on subjects then pound their chests....at least it's good for a 😂

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DAG said:

Sounds like we need some more interventions 

The problem with that though is even with an intervention their egos would be too big to even listen.  Even with all of the facts in the world.  It’s a shame though.  It has even gotten so bad that they have caused threads to get locked with how far they take things personally.

On 8/2/2019 at 6:21 PM, Cardin Drake said:

Guys, I'm going to make a couple of points, respond to a couple of things, let you guys all  hate on me, and then move on.  I'm not interested in becoming Gus's chief defender because (1) it's not fun, and (2) I'm frustrated by most of the same things you guys are. I just don't understand how you let your O-line pipeline get depleted, and the Tennessee & LSU games among others, absolutely drove me all the way to crazy.

Regardless, on any objective basis, Gus is the best head coach we've had in the last 50 years, including Shug.  I'm not interested in keeping him because I want to go 8-5 every year. I want to keep him (for now) because he gives us our best chance to win national championships. He has put together a staff that is recruiting very, very well, better than we have under any other coach we've had. The recruiting is consistent, and getting better. I'm not interested in dismantling that to get the unproven guy we will land who is somehow going to immediately recruit like Alabama, Clemson, & Georgia. It just isn't going to happen. I laugh at some of the names thrown out. Brent Venerables, seriously?  Go read the OU boards. They trashed him for years, ran him out of town, and still blame him for the god awful mess that is the Sooners defense.  For most teams, the formula to the national championship game is the same. Stockpile talent, and get yourself an exceptional quarterback.That was true for 3 of the 4 teams in this year's playoff.  I don't rate Fromm as exceptional, but he is very good. Murray was so good that the Sooners did it by outscoring everybody even though their defense sucked.  As good as Clemson is, they don't win it if Trevor Lawrence wasn't inhuman. And it's really helpful to have a relatively easy schedule—I'm looking at you, OU & Clemson. We will never have that advantage. We have the talent in place to make a run this year if our QB is exceptional. If he is not, we are looking at 3 or 4 losses. If he is average or below average, we could lose 6 or 7. I like the choices we are betting on at QB a lot, but there are no guarantees. And that's how it is ALWAYS going to be in this league, with Gus or anybody else. Even with really good talent, you are going to have years that are 8-5 if you have the slightest weakness. We aren't in the ACC or Big 12. If our coach loses the confidence of the fan base (regardless of why or whether it's fair) and he can't recruit, then it's time to move on, regardless of what anyone thinks. I'm now done with this topic, and I'm sure many of you have a different opinion I'd just as soon not hear it, although I'm suspect I will. War Eagle; I'm looking forward to beating Oregon.

I wouldn’t worry about anyone hating on you my man.  I think what you wrote was very well thought out.  Even if someone had a differing opinion you took the time to give you reasons, which is respectable.  

17 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

The problem with that though is even with an intervention their egos would be too big to even listen.  Even with all of the facts in the world.  It’s a shame though.  It has even gotten so bad that they have caused threads to get locked with how far they take things personally.

They make the boards entertaining though as long as they don't go too far...That's why I miss Viper. Dude was ridiculous and I had my fair share of laughs at him actually being serious about what he was talking about.

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

This thread needs sad music and crying in the background, lol. What's even worse is @bigbird locked a thread dum, dum, dum! 

Mmmmm dum dum

tenor.gif

5 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

They make the boards entertaining though as long as they don't go too far...That's why I miss Viper. Dude was ridiculous and I had my fair share of laughs at him actually being serious about what he was talking about.

I'm sure somebody went and told on him......grown men tattling lol

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

Oh there is a lot of grown man tattling that goes on

Who snitching?! 

8 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I think that is fair.  I actually had no issue with Viper believe it or not.  It took me a while to even realize he got the boot.

The type of people I am referring to are the people that do take it too far.  As in they let their emotions get the best of them.  Cursing at you, shots at your beliefs, your intelligence, etc.

And I am all about differing opinions.  Like DAG said, he and I come at it from two totally different sides.  Same with Gwill.  But believe it or not, I am probably the closest with those two.  We all hit each other up in the PM’s about life and things going on in this forum.  Even though Cole and I come at it from different sides (and we have had our spats), I still respect his opinions.  I think he has a lot to offer.  It’s just how your interact and treat others is the key.  Just because you have a differing opinion doesn’t mean both sides can’t be right.  I hope that made sense. 

34 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I think that is fair.  I actually had no issue with Viper believe it or not.  It took me a while to even realize he got the boot.

The type of people I am referring to are the people that do take it too far.  As in they let their emotions get the best of them.  Cursing at you, shots at your beliefs, your intelligence, etc.

And I am all about differing opinions.  Like DAG said, he and I come at it from two totally different sides.  Same with Gwill.  But believe it or not, I am probably the closest with those two.  We all hit each other up in the PM’s about life and things going on in this forum.  Even though Cole and I come at it from different sides (and we have had our spats), I still respect his opinions.  I think he has a lot to offer.  It’s just how your interact and treat others is the key.  Just because you have a differing opinion doesn’t mean both sides can’t be right.  I hope that made sense. 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d46c7bd7449745a41

13 hours ago, cole256 said:

Only thing better is the guy that don't have an ego who chastises everybody on the board and let them know how much different he is as opposed to everybody else 😂😂

Everybody on God’s green earth has an ego, even the guy/gal you mention in your post.  How they decide to show it on a board like this, tells a lot about the poster.

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Just because you have a differing opinion doesn’t mean both sides can’t be right.

Agreeing to disagree is never a bad idea as it can appease egos, but doesn’t work without follow through. Especially when both thinks they are right. Can’t agree to disagree with one, and then argue about the same thing to another ten minutes later.  And some posters can’t agree to disagree. Mississippi State game is still brought up after all. 

And ABW, yes, you are right about proving people wrong that wants to throw their weight all over the board. The board has many personalities though and I usually try to leave most people that aren’t bothering anybody alone.

Unapologetic Plug: Fantasy football is starting soon. Head to the thread and let’s decide some things including dynasty mode and draft date

13 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Agreeing to disagree is never a bad idea as it can appease egos, but doesn’t work without follow through. Especially when both thinks they are right. Can’t agree to disagree with one, and then argue about the same thing to another ten minutes later.  And some posters can’t agree to disagree. Mississippi State game is still brought up after all.

Yeah that’s why I stayed away from that Mississippi State discussion.  It just wasn’t worth it for me.  I think some people just want to make sure their point is recognized in their discussion.  Myself included, I fully admit, when someone isn’t even paying attention to what I am saying I can dig my heels in.  If my point is taken, then everyone is happy, even if you disagree.

That’s why I always used to get along with McLoofus.  We used to always concede where we were wrong in our discussions and always were respectful to each other.  Always had a pleasant experience.

13 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

And ABW, yes, you are right about proving people wrong that wants to throw their weight all over the board. The board has many personalities though and I usually try to leave most people that aren’t bothering anybody alone.

Those particular instances aren’t even fun for me, even though I said that.  Trying to fight for the top just makes both posters look bad and really put them at the bottom.  And that is something I need to work on when I do get to that point in discussions with those posters.

5 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Then why the dislike?  :Sing:

This is funny right here, as the topic is on ego.

38 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is funny right here, as the topic is on ego.

Relax, it’s an inside joke

Just now, abw0004 said:

Relax, it’s an inside joke

No problem, since I’m not on the *inside* I thought it was funny

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

No problem, since I’m not on the *inside* I thought it was funny

All good my man!D3C157E0-E6D2-4A3F-B71E-5CBBC5BDECB6.gif

17 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Image result for man hug gif

6 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Unapologetic Plug: Fantasy football is starting soon. Head to the thread and let’s decide some things including dynasty mode and draft date

I know passive aggressive is the thing here but I don't do it, so let's be clear if and only if let's say any of that was directed at me there hasn't been an exchange with that poster that he has proven me wrong. 

Now for purposes of people that like to pick stuff up and run with it that's not me saying I haven't ever been proven wrong....and it could not be about me (doubt it) but just in case I had to place that here. 

Thanks 

Cole (former president, now chairman of Joey Gatewood fan club)

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I know passive aggressive is the thing here but I don't do it, so let's be clear if and only if let's say any of that was directed at me there hasn't been an exchange with that poster that he has proven me wrong.

Nah. I don’t think of you when I think of passive aggressive at all. We are cut from the same cloth in that regard. 

Archived