Auburn VS Oregon Discussion (Merged Threads)

aucanucktiger

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

They sure looked mediocre against the slug of a team Michigan State? Wasn’t impressed No Fear, and remember Auburn won when it counted ! 

You can bet there will be a little revenge factor on their minds. Maybe not a lot but a little.

28 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

You can bet there will be a little revenge factor on their minds. Maybe not a lot but a little.

Doubtful.  The kids playing the game were in elementary or middle school when the National Title Game was played.

25 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Doubtful.  The kids playing the game were in elementary or middle school when the National Title Game was played.

:)   Yep the only person still active from 2010 is Phil Knight......now he might want revenge.....otherwise it's a new program....and not even similar in approach to the game. 

BUT....always fun to watch those games involving two conferences with not much contact. 

39 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

This post makes me feel old.  Dislike

All those years living in Eugene seeing us play West Coast teams, seeing Tennessee play Oregon multiple times, hoping, wishing I could see my Auburn Tigers play in Autzen Stadium... And we play them... But in Dallas. 

Hopefully we could set up a home and home with them. But this time so I could see my ducks play my tigers in Jordan-Hare...

13 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

All those years living in Eugene seeing us play West Coast teams, seeing Tennessee play Oregon multiple times, hoping, wishing I could see my Auburn Tigers play in Autzen Stadium... And we play them... But in Dallas. 

Hopefully we could set up a home and home with them. But this time so I could see my ducks play my tigers in Jordan-Hare...

I'd love to see a home and home with Oregon. Would be great to see AU play in Autzen

On 12/31/2018 at 8:51 PM, Tiger said:

I'd love to see a home and home with Oregon. Would be great to see AU play in Autzen

It was a dream of mine for 2+ decades of me living there. Now I think it would be great to take the kids to see the ducks in Jordan-Hare.

18 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Oregon’s bowl game is ups and downs.  Despite the game, we do need to be locked in for our opener.  10 of 11 offensive starters return.  8 of 11 defensive starters return.  Top 5 recruiting class.  Winnable in my eyes, but need to be locked in like we were for Washington and Purdue.  

Certainly we can score 8 points.

7 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

Certainly we can score 8 points.

The problem I see is a first round QB playing against a team breaking in a very inexperienced QB, on a very pressure packed stage in the first game of the season.

The only advantage I see is if Gus has our offense clicking in the run game bc Oregon's D against MSU in the bowl game doesn't tell us anything as MSU offense was terrible this year.

20 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Oregon’s bowl game is ups and downs.  Despite the game, we do need to be locked in for our opener.  10 of 11 offensive starters return.  8 of 11 defensive starters return.  Top 5 recruiting class.  Winnable in my eyes, but need to be locked in like we were for Washington and Purdue.  

I hate to pick you apart here but 9 of 11 offensive starters return. Although I think we replace Ryan Davis easier than the qb. We have a lot of unknowns but I am kinda optimistic. I think this line is going to improve quite a bit. 

I will be there with my family!!! That is all I know about the game. So glad to have the Tigers playing so close to home. 

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:32 AM, JDUBB4AU said:

I have zero expectations for this game . I do firmly believe AU has the talent to win . I know this is my go to , but if shivers and whitlow get the offense going and AU can play keep away . They can win in Arlington 

cox is/was a senior unless he was injured last year and applied for a medical redshirt he wont be here in August

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:32 PM, AUwent said:

Easy to forget (understandably) we beat Washington this year. What a joke the Pac-12 is. Interestingly, we’re undefeated against every regular season OOC opponent not named Clemson in the decade since Tubs left.

Safe to bet on Oregon though. And honestly it might be for the best—do we really want Malzahn to have a legit case to stay? I sure as hell don’t.

hold up partner I think Gus deserves  to be fired as much as anyone but I will never hope we lose just so we can fire someone

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:05 PM, penguin149 said:

We should just buy our way out of this game, mark it down as a loss and prepare for Tulane.

Then skip the Kent State game.....'cause....you know....Woody Barrett....running QB and all that.

we actually have a losing record against Tulane in football might as well mark that one down as a loss too:banghead:

16 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

we actually have a losing record against Tulane in football might as well mark that one down as a loss too:banghead:

Well, by that logic we should mark Florida as a win.

On 12/31/2018 at 9:07 PM, Auburn2Eugene said:

It was a dream of mine for 3+ decades of me living there. Now I think it would be great to take the kids to see the ducks in Jordan-Hare.

Would love to have seen a home and home with UW as well.  Love Eugene though. 

48 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Would've been nice to play them in Seattle last year instead of Clemson. We probably would've lost, but wouldn't have mattered anyways.

11 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Yeah, we would of driven to Seattle had we done that. Heck we would of even driven to Pullman to watch had we done a home and home with them. But we didn't. For some reason Wazzu agreed to an away/away match with us. We played Wazzu in 2006 and Kenny Irons ran for almost 200 yards against them. Then we played them again at home in Malzahns first game as head coach and Cory Grant ran for almost 150 on 9 carries.  

On 12/31/2018 at 8:37 PM, Auburn2Eugene said:

I know a few Oregon fans and they still HATE Auburn because we ruined their BCS dreams. My bro-in-law sent them pics in front of our BCS championship mural at Toomer's and they got PISSED at him. :laugh:

So Oregon lost one of their LB coaches (Dennison) so it'll be interesting to see how that plays out with their defense and recruiting.

I think Auburn leaves Arlington with a W and a big sigh of relief that we'll at least start off the 2019 season with some momentum and hopefully iron out some kinks heading into the Texas A&M game which could be HUGE in the SECW race.

On 12/28/2018 at 7:43 PM, doc4aday said:

The whoopin put on Purdue by us definitely set the tone for 2019. 

I can hear the admins pulling out another contract extension.

Archived