Auburn VS Oregon Discussion (Merged Threads)

aucanucktiger

Here's a scenario.....AU has a stellar 2019 season and Gus gives us the one-finger salute as he heads off to Ole Miss or Vandy or any step-down job (a la Bill Curry), leaving AU scrambling to find a coach to take our HC job!  The fans who today are Gus-haters will freak out, wanting him to stay...."He's learned how to win and now he leaves!"  AU wallows in mediocrity for several seasons while Gus' new team keeps rolling along....the Bus has a new route....

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, penguin149 said:

Here's a scenario.....AU has a stellar 2019 season and Gus gives us the one-finger salute as he heads off to Ole Miss or Vandy or any step-down job (a la Bill Curry), leaving AU scrambling to find a coach to take our HC job!  The fans who today are Gus-haters will freak out, wanting him to stay...."He's learned how to win and now he leaves!"  AU wallows in mediocrity for several seasons while Gus' new team keeps rolling along....the Bus has a new route....

Why did you leave out the parts about the kaleidoscope unicorns and the pigs that fly?   

10 hours ago, thrustmaxwell said:

Do you think Gus has any clue about Cox's eligibility?

Probably not but he'll figure really quick in the spring when he sees Harold Joiner running out there for H back instead of Cox

1 hour ago, penguin149 said:

AU wallows in mediocrity for several seasons

Gus is averaging 5 losses a year. And I'm sure he and Sexton are at this moment plotting his "escape" to Ole Miss or Vandy.

Um, not sure if you recall history well, but Bama won a national title three years after Curry left.  Meanwhile, Curry went on to do jack squat.  If that's the scenario you're putting in play, sign me up right now.

If he left on his own accord, then I don't see why that would look bad. Also, his buyout would be extra-reduced in this scenario. the thing is, I don't think he would do that if we had a stellar 2019 season.

(And yes, I'm fully aware that on paper, next year should be pretty bad, but I think about 2016 and how all the signs pointed to a losing season--we would've been able to pull the plug--and then we won 8 games, JUST enough for him to stay.)

10 hours ago, 1913-14 said:

My question for you...who trusts Gus?

Me.

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

8-4 would be the worst possible scenario. How bad would we look? And no, I'm not talking about Moon's little fanfic.

I think 7-5 would be closer to the worst possible scenario than 8-4!

2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I think 7-5 would be closer to the worst possible scenario than 8-4!

8-4 is just decent enough to keep Gus but still vintage average Gus. 7-5 might be enough to get him fired. Either go 10-2 or better or bottom out at 4-8 so we make a change. Nothing in between can be viewed as “good”.

23 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

8-4 is just decent enough to keep Gus but still vintage average Gus. 7-5 might be enough to get him fired. Either go 10-2 or better or bottom out at 4-8 so we make a change. Nothing in between can be viewed as “good”.

I think 6-6 would do the trick. Anything between that and 10 wins...God help us all.

21 hours ago, shabby said:

auburn's forthcoming undefeated season begins with a whoopin of Purdue. be afraid Oregon. be very afraid

The whoopin put on Purdue by us definitely set the tone for 2019. 

6 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I dunno. 7-5 next year should get him fired IMO. He's on a make or break hot seat and 7 regular season wins is NOT "making it" at AU. 

beating them would be far more impressive than beating Washington IMO. ATL was basically a home game and Browning plays like an underachiever against tough comp. herbert impresses me alot more and they've had a couple really good classes since Taggart was there. Thibodeaux could feast if we cant count on Tega's services next year

8 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

beating them would be far more impressive than beating Washington IMO. ATL was basically a home game and Browning plays like an underachiever against tough comp. herbert impresses me alot more and they've had a couple really good classes since Taggart was there. Thibodeaux could feast if we cant count on Tega's services next year

18 of 22 on the defensive two deep are eligible to return.

You know what UDub fans called Browning....https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/50569/the-harshest-condemnation-of-browning/p2

Image result for shit socks

Herbert ain't that.

2 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

18 of 22 on the defensive two deep are eligible to return.

You know what UDub fans called Browning....https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/50569/the-harshest-condemnation-of-browning/p2

Image result for shit socks

Herbert ain't that.

Yeah herbert is a baller, another year with some more talent talent, and they could be a problem. Thankfully we play them early before the defense shores up

On December 26, 2018 at 6:22 PM, gr82be said:

We'll get an first half lead just like the last 2 years and Orgeron will make adjustments and Gus won't and we all know the rest of the story...

If we're ahead 56-7 I think we'll be alright. 😁

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:26 PM, AuburnEagle79 said:

LSU at Death Valley is a sure loss IMO. 

That's like predicting stocks will go up some days and down some days. Maybe we can get Tubs back when Malzahn leaves and go over and beat LSU again in Red Stick for 1st time this century. 

• WarTiger changed the title to Oregon - 1st game of 2019 season

Oregon’s bowl game is ups and downs.  Despite the game, we do need to be locked in for our opener.  10 of 11 offensive starters return.  8 of 11 defensive starters return.  Top 5 recruiting class.  Winnable in my eyes, but need to be locked in like we were for Washington and Purdue.  

Archived