Practice News & Notes: 8/14 (Scrimmage #2)

ellitor

23 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well, why should I let it die, if you are saying this is incorrect? Clearly, you know something we don't, yet you want say. You already said it wasn't because he was in trouble and that is fine.

I was hoping for a breakdown of why TD has struggled as well. If not mental is it physical......metaphysical.....spiritual perhaps?? He looked like a sure fire immediate impact type of guy coming out of HS. Hopefully this is the year it comes together for him. 

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i am not taking sides but you certainly have the right to express your own views and take on things. but i am butthurt you never mentioned the devils lettuce with beer and stuff......lol

Do we have a Cheech to go with fifty being our board's Chong? lol

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

there is most arguing on this page and one in basketball than almost all of the politics section. i get the political hate because of different candidates but auburn fans loving auburn and going at it hard is just kinda odd to me. not the notre dame one........but football jesus is watching................lol

don't go to tRANT or Hogville, then lol. Those places make this site look like the Partridge family

Just some stats to fan the flames...

2017: 23.5 sacks (with Holland)

2018: 23 sacks ( one less game but more blitzes)

And go...

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

don't go to tRANT or Hogville, then lol. Those places make this site look like the Partridge family

Hang on, going to go to the Demographics thread so we can start asking about what voice part everyone is and what instruments they play.

Edit: tenor, and mandolin. And the tuba. 

1 minute ago, api1957 said:

And go...

giphy.gif

23 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I never said we we were going to be the best line.

We finished second in the conference in sacks with TD and Big Kat learning on the job. They have more experience now. I expect more to add to last year’s overall DL success. 

Right you didn't say it....you didn't read it either you sort of came in and started arguing for it though. Which is my point to most.....read a couple of posts up....see why stuff really started and you may find yourself on a ridiculous side

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Auburn was second in the SEC in sacks last year without a true pass rusher. Auburn’s DL mostly owned the line of scrimmage. Holding teams like LSU to 2.8 yards per carry. 

We also have an All American in Derrick Brown who is the highest graded interior DL by PFF in the last two years. 

We can stop pretending that last year’s DL wasn’t a strength and won’t be one this year. 

Who's pretending? I think the point @bigbird is making is that, short of being a true prophet, everything is potential before-the-fact in a given season and to state it factually beforehand isn't logical or realistic.

No one is saying they won't be a strength this year...but most of us agree they should be....potentially.

5 minutes ago, api1957 said:

And go...

And then the stats Bird provided...again

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaadl

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i am not taking sides but you certainly have the right to express your own views and take on things. but i am butthurt you never mentioned the devils lettuce with beer and stuff......lol

Devils lettuce is usually not on my menu these days. Probably won’t be until it gets legalized. 

24 minutes ago, ellitor said:

giphy.gif

I'm arrogant, unlikable, whatever but o it's not a point that can be made to say we should sure fireconsider ourselves the best d line fronts in the country. We have as many questions as everybody else

25 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Our OL has to better because they face our DL all season long and Iron should sharpen iron. 

Just to show you where we are at in comparison to DL coaching and the OL coaching. Our 2nd string DL is beating our 2nd string OL. 

You rarely ever go first team on first team....

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And then the stats Bird provided...again

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaadl

Think about how bad those stats would be if we didn’t have a good DL.  Those Stats don’t reflect DL being out there a lot, pass protect offenses they force, or linebacker errors. 

5 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Who's pretending? I think the point @bigbird is making is that, short of being a true prophet, everything is potential before-the-fact in a given season and to state it factually beforehand isn't logical or realistic.

No one is saying they won't be a strength this year...but most of us agree they should be....potentially.

Thank you. Was it really that hard?

28 minutes ago, DAG said:

Who is the most hated poster on Aufamily:

Me, @cole256 or @aujeff11

that is the real question lol.

I'm cool with most everybody the thing is for whatever reason Im Batman and I have these super villains that come up constantly. It's the same freaking people, then randomly you'll get a posters that come in and say stuff like more arguing.......the same people who argue with other people mind you.....but whatever

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Thank you. Was it really that hard?

I didn't think so. However, I've never attempted driving my vehicle with the windshield blacked-out and using only my rear-view mirror, either. 😂

21 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I was hoping for a breakdown of why TD has struggled as well. If not mental is it physical......metaphysical.....spiritual perhaps?? He looked like a sure fire immediate impact type of guy coming out of HS. Hopefully this is the year it comes together for him. 

Maybe he needs a session with 'Sensei Mud'.

7 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Well last year’s DL performance didn’t support his wait and see argument. I’ve said barring injuries that our DL should be a strength and I expect them to be a strength. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

... I’ve said barring injuries that our DL should be a strength and I expect them to be a strength. 

I have zero problem with that statement. It's the "will they?" that remains to be seen.

56 minutes ago, aubcali said:

At least there are no depth issues with the OL. 

78K806OHPM.gif

Slow down turbo. While we have a good OL class coming in, let's not pretend that we aren't one injury at OT away from a disaster, and an injury to both OTs could be all time bad. 

We have 0 (ZERO) proven depth, at OT this season. That doesn't take into account that if both OTs were to be injured this season, we would be starting Hamm who hasn't ever played and a converted DL who hasn't ever played OL. 

We have depth addressed in this upcoming class, but we are an injury or two away from something terrible. 

That depth isn't on campus yet.

54 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'm probably the Dallas Cowboys of the board. Most polarizing. Either loved or hated. Not much in between. Just glad we didn't have a most disliked posters thread. lol

Me too. I'm sure I'd be on it. However this isn't tRant. You are given infinitely more respect and gratitude on this site than there. 

44 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Me too but it's immensely clear WDE doesn't want to talk about it. I mean if you put the pieces he has said together, there are only so many things it could be. I'm thinking maybe *edit* removing them because it was pure speculation but There are only so many things it could be if you take everything he said into consideration. 

22 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Well last year’s DL performance didn’t support his wait and see argument. 

So, let me ask it this way.

Do you think last year's DL performance matched the expectations for that DL?

Archived