What’s next for Joey?

aubiefifty

2 minutes ago, Apraser99 said:

I just can't wrap my head around the fact that entering his.....what....7th year.....that we have no experienced QB. You think that for 49 mill you'd get a coach that was better prepared. I hope Nix is the next coming of Trevor Lawrence but I have my doubts...WDE anyway!!

What planet do you call home?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Apraser99 said:

It's that new recently discovered planet...gussux!

It must have another plan of reality in which Jarrett Stidham and Nick Marshall didn’t play 2 years each.

Just now, TexasTiger said:

It must have another plan of reality in which Jarrett Stidham and Nick Marshall didn’t play 2 years each.

So who is our experienced QB right now? Just asking!

18 minutes ago, Apraser99 said:

I just can't wrap my head around the fact that entering his.....what....7th year.....that we have no experienced QB. You think that for 49 mill you'd get a coach that was better prepared. I hope Nix is the next coming of Trevor Lawrence but I have my doubts...WDE anyway!!

In today’s transfer market, having an experienced QB waiting in the wings is going to be the exception, not the rule.  

1 minute ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

In today’s transfer market, having an experienced QB waiting in the wings is going to be the exception, not the rule.  

I'm not asking for one "waiting in the wings" I'm asking for an experienced QB. The transfer portal is all the more reason that we shouldn't have to rely on a true freshman. I personally like JG and wish he had been named the starter but his being beat out by a true frosh is a testament to the lack of development by Gus and co.

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

You’re just changing what you said, Debbie!

Nope.....we have no experienced QB on the roster....oh yeah Gatewood and Sandberg are experienced. My bad!

11 minutes ago, Apraser99 said:

Nope.....we have no experienced QB on the roster....oh yeah Gatewood and Sandberg are experienced. My bad!

You said 7 years, Debbie!

8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You said 7 years, Debbie!

That's right.....you'd think with that many years recruiting you wouldn't have to throw a true frosh into an SEC schedule. I'm sorry I can't draw you a picture....obviously we disagree and that is fine. Here's to hoping we have a great season. WDE!!

You could say that we had our Qb in Willis and CGM recruited so well that two freshmen beat out our presumed starter. I know that’ll go over well! 😝 

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

You could say that we had our Qb in Willis and CGM recruited so well that two freshmen beat out our presumed starter. I know that’ll go over well! 😝 

Post of the Day 👍👍👍

11 hours ago, Apraser99 said:

I'm not asking for one "waiting in the wings" I'm asking for an experienced QB. The transfer portal is all the more reason that we shouldn't have to rely on a true freshman. I personally like JG and wish he had been named the starter but his being beat out by a true frosh is a testament to the lack of development by Gus and co.

Or it could be that a true freshman came in having already been coached by a former Power 5 offensive coordinator and proved to have learned more playing for that coach his whole life than JG did in a single year of playing for college caliber coaches. Pat Dye was in his 9th year and coming off of three straight conference titles when he started a redshirt freshman named Stan White. How is it that you think players get experience?

12 hours ago, Apraser99 said:

Gus has not been good at developing QBs. That is not the problem here.

Bo Nix is a legit 5* QB. He would've beaten out a lot of the experienced QBs you wish we were starting instead. Just be happy we got a baller, dude. 

Oh, by the way, Bo Nix is going to be an experienced starter next season. So maybe just complain quietly to yourself until then. 

12 hours ago, Apraser99 said:

Or maybe...the kid is just THAT good? We are about to find out. Not defending Gus, but in case you haven't noticed lots of teams have incoming players take over existing spots. Don't let your disgust for Gus to throw these kids in front of a bus. No pun intended. 

Jarrod stidham came to us a developed QB. Without him auburn has nothing at QB the last 2 seasons. He was a hope and a prayer answer for his being unable to develop and evaluate QBs

14 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

Stidham being a good QB is the only reason we didn't escape the Gus Bus long ago. 

So this is all Kevin Sumlin's fault. DAMMIT

6 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

No its gus pulling it out of his a$$ in a stroke of luck. 

Lol just making a joke that since if Sumlin offered Stidz he would've been an Aggie but he decided not to. Which, in turn, led to AU giving out an obnoxious contract to a coach who's ceiling has apparently been reached. Which we were promptly reminded of in the SECCG and UCF game.

3 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Or it could be that a true freshman came in having already been coached by a former Power 5 offensive coordinator and proved to have learned more playing for that coach his whole life than JG did in a single year of playing for college caliber coaches. Pat Dye was in his 9th year and coming off of three straight conference titles when he started a redshirt freshman named Stan White. How is it that you think players get experience?

Do you remember that year?

I would prefer to not have those growing pains for a freshman QB. here's to Nix having more TDs than INTs his freshman year.

2 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

I would prefer to not have those growing pains for a freshman QB. here's to Nix having more TDs than INTs his freshman year.

Not really, though I do remember '93, when White led us to an undefeated season. I would prefer that Nix have a year more like Trevor Lawrence's or Jake Fromm's, as well, but I was making the point that situations sometimes dictate even good head coaches to start freshman QBs, and that it's not anything new, to counter the point of it being 7 years and Malzahn not having an experienced QB waiting his turn.

1 hour ago, CCTAU said:

I remember FWIW...

Actually, Stan White's freshman year was pretty dang good.  8-3-1 and the tie was one of the few that actually felt like a victory as White led Auburn on a late game tying drive with some BIG passes.  Since there are no longer ties, I'd call the UT tie a "win" under the circumstances.

With that, the 3 losses were to #15 Florida, which WAS a terrible loss....AU got destroyed.  Then, the following week, demoralized, they lost to Brett Favre led USM (who incidentally also beat #13 Alabama the same year).  Lastly, they did lose the IB, but there's rarely any shame in that.

If 2019 Auburn has a 9-3 regular season, including beating thUga and/or bammer, then I'd consider that a pretty successful (true)freshman season for Bo.

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I remember FWIW...

Actually, Stan White's freshman year was pretty dang good.  8-3-1 and the tie was one of the few that actually felt like a victory as White led Auburn on a late game tying drive with some BIG passes.  Since there are no longer ties, I'd call the UT tie a "win" under the circumstances.

With that, the 3 losses were to #15 Florida, which WAS a terrible loss....AU got destroyed.  Then, the following week, demoralized, they lost to Brett Favre led USM (who incidentally also beat #13 Alabama the same year).  Lastly, they did lose the IB, but there's rarely any shame in that.

If 2019 Auburn has a 9-3 regular season, including beating thUga and/or bammer, then I'd consider that a pretty successful (true)freshman season for Bo.

Life is hard for a FR QB in the SEC. 14 TDs. 14 INTs that season. As you watched the games, you knew Stan would be good. But you also had many "freshman" moments. 

If we can keep those to a minimum this season, we should be OK.

Archived