18 Florida Boys Currently on Roster

Momma Worm

I want those guys given the opportunity to ball out! It says a lot when some of the top players leave their talent field home state to play miles and miles away. We need the W for sure! 

I have no clue we recruited that many athletes out of Florida . Wow . I am sure there will be a lot of high energy since most of the boys probably grew up together and played against each other from peewee to high school football. 

Looking forward to seeing the Florida boys balling out in this weekend matchup for AU! Team Worm/V8

30 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

I want those guys given the opportunity to ball out! It says a lot when some of the top players leave their talent field home state to play miles and miles away. We need the W for sure! 

Momma I haven't seen you on here in a minute. I am happy to see you posting! Yes we definitely need to ball out. I hope Worm takes one to the house. Flash, too!

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I have no clue we recruited that many athletes out of Florida . Wow . I am sure there will be a lot of high energy since most of the boys probably grew up together and played against each other from peewee to high school football. 

Yeah most of guys are from the same 3 states. Georgia, Florida, and Alabama. They’ve been doing that for years. The staff is trying to spread out and recruit more areas now

9 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Yeah most of guys are from the same 3 states. Georgia, Florida, and Alabama. They’ve been doing that for years. The staff is trying to spread out and recruit more areas now

Woodson just endorsed your post from some back road in Mississippi.

Was it Bowden who really started hitting FL hard?

Interesting that that state wasn't a major player until the late 70s when Schnelly and Bowden took over. Literally all they had to do was start letting the local kids play. 

2 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

It's personal for me too Momma, sandwiched between Mobile and Pensacola I get the worst from both sides. Florida fans masquerading as Bama fans and of course just bammers. Not much to say about them lol.

20 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Interesting that that state wasn't a major player until the late 70s when Schnelly and Bowden took over. Literally all they had to do was start letting the local kids play. 

Bowden did sign a group of guys from Dillard HS. Sorry, at work so I don't have time to look the names up. I do remember a couple of big names from Florida that played for Dye. Brent Fullwood from St. Cloud and Reggie Slack from Milton. Back to work I go now before I find myself with more than enough time to look up everything under the sun. 

34 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

It's personal for me too Momma, sandwiched between Mobile and Pensacola I get the worst from both sides. Florida fans masquerading as Bama fans and of course just bammers. Not much to say about them lol.

I feel your pain....

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Huge, diverse state that absolutely breathes football, and not just in the big cities. I grew up in Lakeland when Lakeland High was just churning out D1 talent. There were a few years when Meyer was coaching for Florida that they had 4 or 5 Lakeland High players starting, and I'm not talking about guys who were scrubs. This was the Pouncey twins, Ahmad Black, Chris Rainey and others. Florida's recruiting strength has waned a bit since Meyer left and teams like FSU, Georgia, and Clemson have gotten better. It used to be a big deal to get a prospect out of Florida that the gators wanted.  

• WarTiger changed the title to 18 Florida Boys Currently on Roster

Right up the road from us is Venice HS....Alma mater to Tre Smith & Alvin Mitchell (not to mention Trey Burton of UF & Philly Eagles fame).

The Dillard pipeline started under Dye. Otis Mounds was the first one. Followed by Frank Sanders, and James Bostic among others. Shug used to recruit Florida fairly well too. Tucker Fredrickson was from Hollywood.

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

Bowden did sign a group of guys from Dillard HS. Sorry, at work so I don't have time to look the names up. I do remember a couple of big names from Florida that played for Dye. Brent Fullwood from St. Cloud and Reggie Slack from Milton. Back to work I go now before I find myself with more than enough time to look up everything under the sun. 

Auburn has always recruited Fl. big time going back to the 60's Tucker Frederickson was from Hollywood, Fl and many more. 

5 hours ago, leglessdan said:

Me TOO!!!  In Escambia Co AL right on the FL line....

BTW....

Momma Worm, I hope ALL our FL Auburn Men run all over and show out on those gators!!!

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

The Dillard boys had plenty to say about 1993 & 1994...

wHSbLlm.jpg

Look NFL vets. Grown ass men.

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

ol bear knew. he said once that when florida kids quit partying and played serious ball they would be hell on wheels. well something close to that. he knew how much talent there was in florida.

I am also a Dillard alumni.... My entire family attended Dillard. Its in my bloodline. My family’s homes are in the front and back of Dillard. My father was the 1st 7th grader to play Varsity Football at Dillard as a starter. He went on to be a boxer..... Worm didnt attend Dillard but he grew up in the environment. We never missed a game.... basketball nor football

War Eagle to my fellow Floridians (though I am Alabama raised).

A few years ago I remember talking with some strangers at an Auburn tailgate and discussing the importance of getting some Florida and Texas talent (though talent from Georgia has started to rival those recruiting hot beds). California is the other major state but that's a hard pull and it's awful losing kids to homesickness.

We've definitely gotten the Florida part rolling and maybe our two recent big games in Texas might help there as well.

Let's go beat the second best team in the state of Florida (UCF being #1 Go Knights)

You're blowing my mind with this Dillard connection.

Was Pat Sims the last Dillard grad at Auburn?

Archived