Coaching Candidates

AUght2win

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I LAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH at Auburn fans turning up their noses at Urbs!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!? He is a top 5 coach EVER!!!!!!!! And people over here looking down on him and making fun of him because of how he left Florida. J A B A to the freaking max.

Sadly, Urban will never come to Auburn. We’re gonna have to strike gold with an up and comer.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, nixtosanders94 said:

Sadly, Urban will never come to Auburn. We’re gonna have to strike gold with an up and comer.

You are most likely right. He will probaly go to USC after this season but I wish if AU was in the position if they actually pulled the trigger on Gus before a year from now that they would offer Urbs a 5 year 50 million dollar deal. Just see what happens. The worst that can happen is him say no. I rather us try and fire all the bullets in the chamber then to leave a round in.

On 10/18/2019 at 3:34 PM, bigbird said:

Heupel

Cristobal

Aranda

Jeff Scott 

Mike Yurcich

James Leonard

Shane Beamer

Any please

Just now, nixtosanders94 said:

I’d take ...

Mickey Mouse

Goofy

Pluto

Donald Duck

A guy in a vegetative state on a breathing machine

So what's different?

12 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

To me it’s not in truth whether he would realistically come here. It’s people who turn their nose up and think our program is too clean for him. for crying out loud we got banned from postseason and tv in 1993 because our great coach pat dye was allowing players to get paid. I hope our next coach is the next urban or Saban or Dabo. I just want a winner and gus is not that. 

12 hours ago, tbone1430 said:

To me it’s not in truth whether he would realistically come here. It’s people who turn their nose up and think our program is too clean for him. for crying out loud we got banned from postseason and tv in 1993 because our great coach pat dye was allowing players to get paid. I hope our next coach is the next urban or Saban or Dabo. I just want a winner and gus is not that. 

So I kinda agree but Coach Dye basically had an assistant give a player money for food. We weren’t paying him to play or come to Auburn. But you’re basically right. A bunch of folks on here act holier than thou with plenty of skeletons in our closet 

57 minutes ago, AubWes33 said:

I'd have no problem offering Urban a ton of money and making him say no...same with Stoops. Wth do we have to lose? 

SAME SAME SAME FAM!!!!!!!!! This is our best chance at getting a SURE THING and getting a great coach!!!! This is the best list of coaching free agents we will probaly ever see. Like I said before the worst they can do is say no. Just go all out in trying to get them. Make them tell you no multiple times. If they do that then ok. Lets go to Plan B. To not try would be asinine and egregious and not doing what is best for Auburn.

Please fire Gus After watching this game, I sure hope Jimmy Rane is reaching for his checkbook. The Oregon head coach would be a great selection for Auburn. Other coaches to look at would be James Franklin, Bob Stoops. Urban Meyer. Bill Clark, Mike Leach.

6 hours ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

If we didn't have players that literally EVERY other team in the nation coveted on offense, then I wouldn't be mad.... But we do. We have a LOADED team full of 4-5 star talent and analogous players who have developed. Its a pathetic waste to see them placed in bad situations getting them hurt, wasting years, and embarrassing them.

That is absolutely the worst part.

6 hours ago, tbone1430 said:

187-32 vs. 68-32. 10 division titles vs. 2. 5 conference titles vs. 1. 3 Nattys vs. 0. The SEC he competed in wasn’t any slouch and neither is the Big 10. I’d take that success over anything else that’s out there. 

Incredible. So Gus would have to win 119 games in a row to equal Urban's w/l record. Think about that difference in the two. So Urban has a little baggage, so what. Some of that baggage is championship hardware. We're not squeaky clean ourselves, look at our past rubs with the NCAA enforcement committee. We also hired a basketball coach with some baggage and that's worked out pretty well. 

I have to admit that I never really read the details of what happened at Baylor.  What little I have heard is that Art Briles lost control of his assistants.

So I don't understand why Art Briles is almost always immediately ruled out in these coaching threads.  What is the difference between Briles and Bruce Pearl?

And please....do interpret this as a knock on BP.  He's awesome.  I'm just thinking Art Briles could be the answer.  He's available, willing, and good enough to compete against the SEC.

7 minutes ago, countoff said:

I have to admit that I never really read the details of what happened at Baylor.  What little I have heard is that Art Briles lost control of his assistants.

So I don't understand why Art Briles is almost always immediately ruled out in these coaching threads.  What is the difference between Briles and Bruce Pearl?

And please....do interpret this as a knock on BP.  He's awesome.  I'm just thinking Art Briles could be the answer.  He's available, willing, and good enough to compete against the SEC.

Rape scandal 

Well...I understand that.  But Art did not perform the rape and neither did his assistants (....right?).  Neither Art nor his assistants are in jail.  He's spent the last several years in purgatory.  So why doesn't he deserve a shot at a head coaching position like Bruce Pearl got?

1 hour ago, countoff said:

Well...I understand that.  But Art did not perform the rape and neither did his assistants (....right?).  Neither Art nor his assistants are in jail.  He's spent the last several years in purgatory.  So why doesn't he deserve a shot at a head coaching position like Bruce Pearl got?

That is not the way it works in The professional world man come on. Unfortunately several cases of sexual assault happened under his watch. 

55 minutes ago, DAG said:

That is not the way it works in Tyne professional world man come on. Unfortunately several cases of sexual assault under his watch. 

Yeah we can’t touch Briles. He may get a shot somewhere like UTEP or something but no big time program will. That was a mess at Baylor all around. No one wants that look.

8 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I’d take ...

Mickey Mouse

Goofy

Pluto

Donald Duck

A guy in a vegetative state on a breathing machine

That would be Arthur “Digby” Sellers!

Archived