Coaching Candidates

AUght2win

3 hours ago, tbone1430 said:

I’m sure he’d relish kicking little Nick off his throne. We need him to get his brain cyst under control though can’t crap out on us after two seasons. But again two seasons with him we’d be light years ahead of where we are now. 

Urban Cryer wants no part of the grueling reality of the SEC again. We're talking the same Urban who bailed out of the SEC East at a time when his only competition was a Mark Richt lead Georgia and Steve Spurrier at S. Carolina who had one foot out the door? On top of the baggage he would bring to Auburn, that brain cyst is the least of my contentions.

He ain't coming and I believe we could hire someone just as good who doesn't think covering up spousal abuses or sexual assaults are part of a healthy football program. Hard Pass.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Butthead said:

What about cristobol?

What about him? Feasting on a historically weak PAC-12 isn't exactly impressive. Plus would you really want to replace Gus Malzahn with a coach who lost to Gus Malzahn?

11 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Urban Cryer wants no part of the grueling reality of the SEC again. We're talking the same Urban who bailed out of the SEC East at a time when his only competition was a Mark Richt lead Georgia and Steve Spurrier at S. Carolina who had one foot out the door? On top of the baggage he would bring to Auburn, that brain cyst is the least of my contentions.

He ain't coming and I believe we could hire someone just as good who doesn't think covering up spousal abuses or sexual assaults are part of a healthy football program. Hard Pass.

Thank you and agree......not willing to sell my soul to the devil for a couple more wins a year.

1 minute ago, kevon67 said:

Thank you and agree......not willing to sell my soul to the devil for a couple more wins a year.

I AM!!! When the devil comes with 3 National Titles! lol

9 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

What about him? Feasting on a historically weak PAC-12 isn't exactly impressive. Plus would you really want to replace Gus Malzahn with a coach who lost to Gus Malzahn?

We beat Saban. I’d take Saban. 

8 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Also agree......but to be fair Tuberville never beat Auburn while HC at Ole Miss.

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I’ll take one playoff appearance but my soul was taken by a woman already so I’ll have to trade him my Ken Griffey Jr rookie card

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

How bout Van Gorder......*runs for the nearest exit*😂

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I’ll take one playoff appearance but my soul was taken by a woman already so I’ll have to trade him my Ken Griffey Jr rookie card

I owe you 2 laugh emojis.

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

giphy.gif

Oh, so you've gone and dug this old $#!+ up again ...

👍🏿

I just want someone who doesn’t try to ******* jam a square peg in a circle hole for 5 hours

Just now, Zeek said:

I just want someone who doesn’t try to ******* jam a square peg in a circle hole for 5 hours

That makes perfect sense to me.

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Basically any other coach within the ranks of college football. Literally every other offense looks more functional and less luck-based than ours.

21 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Also agree......but to be fair Tuberville never beat Auburn while HC at Ole Miss.

Speaking of Ole Miss, we also all thought Coach O was dead and buried after the Wild Boyz days haha

9 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Basically any other coach within the ranks of college football. Literally every other offense looks more functional and less luck-based than ours.

Exactly

Just now, bigbird said:

Exactly

If we didn't have players that literally EVERY other team in the nation coveted on offense, then I wouldn't be mad.... But we do. We have a LOADED team full of 4-5 star talent and analogous players who have developed. Its a pathetic waste to see them placed in bad situations getting them hurt, wasting years, and embarrassing them.

1 minute ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

If we didn't have players that literally EVERY other team in the nation coveted on offense, then I wouldn't be mad.... But we do. We have a LOADED team full of 4-5 star talent and analogous players who have developed. Its a pathetic waste to see them placed in bad situations getting them hurt, wasting years, and embarrassing them.

Yep...

We have absolute studs being pissed away

rewrew.jpg

46 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

187-32 vs. 68-32. 10 division titles vs. 2. 5 conference titles vs. 1. 3 Nattys vs. 0. The SEC he competed in wasn’t any slouch and neither is the Big 10. I’d take that success over anything else that’s out there. 

Just now, tbone1430 said:

187-32 vs. 68-32. 10 division titles vs. 2. 5 conference titles vs. 1. 3 Nattys vs. 0. The SEC he competed in wasn’t any slouch and neither is the Big 10. I’d take that success over anything else that’s out there. 

I LAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH at Auburn fans turning up their noses at Urbs!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!? He is a top 5 coach EVER!!!!!!!! And people over here looking down on him and making fun of him because of how he left Florida. J A B A to the freaking max.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I LAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH at Auburn fans turning up their noses at Urbs!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!? He is a top 5 coach EVER!!!!!!!! And people over here looking down on him and making fun of him because of how he left Florida. J A B A to the freaking max.

You get me man. Some of the people on here don’t want to strive for the best they want someone to make them feel good. I want a winner. 

1 minute ago, tbone1430 said:

You get me man. Some of the people on here don’t want to strive for the best they want someone to make them feel good. I want a winner. 

Hell yah. I want us to finally realize the immense potential we have as a program and become a consistently dominant program. How does EVERYONE not want to be that? That is after all the point of sports is to win the damn game. Auburn fans seem to get that the least out of any big time athletic program. It has bothered me for years the lack of desire to see a consistent winner. They are settlers. Now mind you not al the fanbase is like that but a good chunk is. 

Archived