Chad Morris Hired as OC

ClaytonAU

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I've begged for Silverfield for years. He would be a home run!

^^^^^ This   Ryan Silverfield would be one of my dream hires at OL coach

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Sully to Beasley said:

This just might be the fix that the Gus Bus has needed. If only he can get out of Chad's way...

Let's see….Gus in the top Ten and Chad looking for a job?   You might have things reversed....JMO   CM can be a good addition but he ain't gonna be he HC or calling the offense during games....he's had that opportunity twice and was just not his thing.    I like the combination of them working together.... but hate the unnecessary cheap shot at our coach.:no: 

I wonder what his involvement will be during the Bowl Game.

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Let's see….Gus in the top Ten and Chad looking for a job?   You might have things reversed....JMO   CM can be a good addition but he ain't gonna be he HC or calling the offense during games....he's had that opportunity twice and was just not his thing.    I like the combination of them working together.... but hate the unnecessary cheap shot at our coach.:no: 

64. Gus is everything Chad is not and Chad is everything Gus is not. Gus is a good Head Coach but lost his way as a de facto OC and playcaller. Chad is a excellent OC and great play caller. He made the proper adaptations and sophistications to Malzahns offense that Gus should of done years ago. There is a huge difference in being a Head Coach and OC. Would I want Chad to be our Head Coach? Absolutely not. Would I love for him to be our OC? HELL YAH!!!!!! YA GOT DAMN RIGHT!!!!!! hahaha.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

64. Gus is everything Chad is not and Chad is everything Gus is not. Gus is a good Head Coach but lost his way as a de facto OC and playcaller. Chad is a excellent OC and great play caller. He made the proper adaptations and sophistications to Malzahns offense that Gus should of done years ago. There is a huge difference in being a Head Coach and OC. Would I want Chad to be our Head Coach? Absolutely not. Would I love for him to be our OC? HELL YAH!!!!!! YA GOT DAMN RIGHT!!!!!! hahaha.

Not sure I agree with all that.  OCs call the game strategy and even being a good play designer or teacher is not the same.   I know I'm in the minority but I don't generally have much problem with Gus and play calling....but would like to see more variety in the play design.   I watch about half a dozen games a week and because of all the beefing over play calling, I pay attention to what other major coaches do....and frankly all of them try to run plays over and over that are losers...or make "bad decisions" …especially in the red zone.....and most are not more prescient than  Gus about what might work at any given time....and of course many plays that look strange are run to set up something later.  I take it you watch the geniuses from Uga and LSU on their red zone plays....nothing special except that LSU finally scored when the QB threw a pass threw a knothole to the WR on a slant....that was all to the credit of Burrow, not the OC.  Otherwise, two good OLs and nothing to speak of on the ground.   

I don't know that CM is a great play caller....but I accept his reputation as an innovator and recruiter and we can use both.   JMO but if folks get on the bandwagon of turning over the offense to CM they are on the wrong path. 

21 minutes ago, Crouching Tiger said:

^^^^^ This   Ryan Silverfield would be one of my dream hires at OL coach

Maybe if Memphis hires another HC instead of promoting him he will come here.

I wasn't sold on Morris, but after reading what the majority here say and after a few discussions, I am excited about the hire. Hoping to see some good changes next season! 

34 minutes ago, Sully to Beasley said:

This just might be the fix that the Gus Bus has needed. If only he can get out of Chad's way...

Sometimes you just have to let the dang mechanic take over, no matter how much you think you know....leave it to the paid professionals.

Yayyyyyyy...that little bit of pixie dust I needed for Christmas, watching lots of other fanbases get their vacancies filled and their hopes stoked. #carousel 

5103475.jpg

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Thanks...good reasons....

but I think Mystic woke up on the wrong side of his bed today and is just being a "grouchy bear:" today...hopefully he will come around...:)

I think he's a REBEL bear... joey Freshwater is that you????  😉

Will this hire produce a championship caliber Offense or is he just a comfort buddy?Winning is all that matters ,especially when you realize what these coaches make  money wise ! Auburn defense coordinator (~2,000,000).Entertainment is what people pay for and I often wonder if it is Truly worth it but I still watch it anyway.

2 hours ago, DAG said:

North of 60 points in Arkansas next year 

Yah! You got TWO coaching their mid-season SUPERBOWLS right there. Mmmm hmmm.😉😉🤣🤣🦋🦋🙌🙌

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Good hire but raises a lot of questions like

1.  How long of a hire is this? 1-2 years max?

2.  Gus still has 100% control of the offense right?

Ive got other but don’t want to sound overly negative.  Definitely good to get another guru in play.

It doesn't matter today. Let's savor the quickest and potentially the most potentially fruitful hire I can recall in years...

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Those two thoughts seem a bit incongruous to me.

Also, you have no way of knowing that this won't help out the offensive line. Look at our current recruiting class. Dilly already helped out our offensive line significantly in a very short time. Morris can absolutely help with recruiting OLs and that is how you make play calling look really smart again. Gus was a genius behind Mike Berry, Lee Ziemba, Ryan Pugh, Chad Slade, Reese Dismukes, Greg Robinson...

I MISS THOSE GUYS!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Linayus said:

Things I've learned from this thread...

1. I need to try Buffalo Trace.

That's it. Short list.

I used to be a knob Creek fan, but Buffalo Trace has taken it's place

Wait... we will have two visors...

is that allowed??  can you even HAVE two Offensive guy's with visors?? 

So, if they don't cancel each other out.... the power of twin visors could be epic.... Spurrier squared?

just really glad we got CM... really glad, think he'll help our O in many different ways...

take some pressure off Gus too and keep it fun and th O very Aggressive...

5 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Why do people like this hire? I’m not saying I don’t but I’m genuinely curious... do y’all think Gus is gonna let him run this offense? Cause we know that’s not happening 

If anyone stands even a microscopic chance of sharing the stage in this...it's just Chad. #maybe2peasinapod #yetdifferentenough

46 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Chad is the ying to Gus’s yang!

35 minutes ago, AuburnMike86 said:

Maybe if Memphis hires another HC instead of promoting him he will come here.

I wasn't sold on Morris, but after reading what the majority here say and after a few discussions, I am excited about the hire. Hoping to see some good changes next season! 

It's probably a good hire for Gus, but there's plenty of homerism hype in this thread. 

Just keep that in mind and keep your expectations realistic.  ;)

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I used to be a knob Creek fan, but Buffalo Trace has taken it's place

Nice.  The wife and I are currently enjoying Breckenridge.  

Archived