Chad Morris Hired as OC

ClaytonAU

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Great hire...2020 COULD be special...damn there I go getting excited again...somebody stop me...

Image result for stop short gif

If nothing else, this should make our current commits very happy and should put/solidify us on other recruits' radars.

8 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

Well we missed out on Luke, thUGA got him. 

If Ryan Silverfield doesn't get hired as the head coach of Memphis, i'd like us to go after him. Great recruiter and has history in the NFL as a successful OL coach. https://gotigersgo.com/staff.aspx?staff=219

It's fairly evident he knows how to coach an OL with the results there and the 1000yd rushers

1 minute ago, AUTigerTime said:

If Ryan Silverfield doesn't get hired as the head coach of Memphis, i'd like us to go after him. Great recruiter and has history in the NFL as a successful OL coach. https://gotigersgo.com/staff.aspx?staff=219

It's fairly evident he knows how to coach an OL with the results there and the 1000yd rushers

Gotta have an opening first.

12 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Great hire...2020 COULD be special...damn there I go getting excited again...somebody stop me...

UUGGGHHH. I just can't help myself either!!!!

Good hire but raises a lot of questions like

1.  How long of a hire is this? 1-2 years max?

2.  Gus still has 100% control of the offense right?

Ive got other but don’t want to sound overly negative.  Definitely good to get another guru in play.

14 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

source.gif

You guys with this oline coach talk. Y’all know damn well that Gus isn’t going to fire JB Grimes. Only way we get a new Oline coach is if Grimes retires or takes another job. Let’s just hope that between Gus and Chad, they can figure out a way to field an offense that doesn’t need to run the ball a ton. Lol

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You guys with this oline coach talk. Y’all know damn well that Gus isn’t going to fire JB Grimes. Only way we get a new Oline coach is if Grimes retires or takes another job. Let’s just hope that between Gus and Chad, they can figure out a way to field an offense that doesn’t need to run the ball a ton. Lol

I don't even think it matters if JB stays or goes, just need better recruiting/evaluating from Gus.  Which it appears is happening.

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

Ive got other but don’t want to sound overly negative.  Definitely good to get another guru in play.

I imagine that the deal would be 2yrs. I heard somewhere (can’t remember where) that most coordinators prefer 2yrs. Provides some security but doesn’t tie them down.

I figure Gus still controls the O but you gotta think if there’s one person he’d listen to it’d be CM

1 minute ago, Grimnir said:

I imagine that the deal would be 2yrs. I heard somewhere (can’t remember where) that most coordinators prefer 2yrs. Provides some security but doesn’t tie them down.

I figure Gus still controls the O but you gotta think if there’s one person he’d listen to it’d be CM

Gus is gonna call the plays....but as folks noted all season, we need some new pages in the playbook....and I'm hoping that is where CM comes into play....and working with BN. 

And I still see a new OL in our future....one way or the other....

6 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Not sure about #2 but #1 isn't something to worry about, IMO. We should hope for him to be another Muschamp. Compare our defense in 2014 to our defense in 2016. 

No matter what the arrangement is, we had to hire an OC. This is the best we could do. Not sure if we'll get better or not but this is the best we could do.

Good job, Gus. 

This hire won't help Auburn simply because you don't help out your offensive line which is the main problem here. When you look at what Morris has done the past couple of years it's not so good. The only way this turns into a good hire is if the Offensive line has major improvements and allows Nix more time. I think what happens here is the same thing that all the other Offensive coordinators went through. You put in a guy and all he does is try to mix some of his style into Gus's offense and eventually it turns out terrible. Gus either has to let the Offensive Coordinator do his job and have his own offense or just settle for what the offense was this year. If this hires works which hoping it does it will be a whole new range of schemes and ideas and not the same stuff from Gus. 

Archived