Brown mulling Outback Bowl decision

aubiefifty

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I certainly understand the point of risking an injury, but then once a team is out of a running for a conference championship, should players going into the NFL start sitting then? After all, those games don’t matter either, right?  

I guess I see it as a player agrees to play and the university agrees to provide an education.  The university held up its end of the deal.  I certainly don’t want anything to happen to him, and wish him nothing but the best, but if you make a commitment to a team and your teammates I just think you see it through.  

Just heard from my son he made a statement to the effect of “I came back to finish some unfinished business, and I’m not done yet”

war Dame Eagle Derrick!

1 hour ago, aujohnson said:

So if we all agree it’s fine for these kids to sit out, do we still get to gripe about gus not getting 10 wins?

Well.....

Brown plays the bowl game, has a major injury, costs him millions (potentially any NFL) career.

Gus loses 4-5 games, gets fired, STILL walks away with an additional $20M PLUS the $5-7M per year he gets whether he gets 10 wins....or 2 wins.

One of these situations is decidedly not like the other....

So if we all agree it’s fine for these kids to sit out, do we still get to gripe about gus not getting 10 wins?

We don’t have 10 wins because Gus wasn’t good at his job...we don’t have a few more losses because Brown is 

We shouldn't have to be worried about a bowl win to get to 10.

29 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Well.....

Brown plays the bowl game, has a major injury, costs him millions (potentially any NFL) career.

Gus loses 4-5 games, gets fired, STILL walks away with an additional $20M PLUS the $5-7M per year he gets whether he gets 10 wins....or 2 wins.

One of these situations is decidedly not like the other....

That has nothing to do with my question. 

How do you say players shouldn’t play but Gus should win?

He can’t win without players. 

15 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

We don’t have 10 wins because Gus wasn’t good at his job...we don’t have a few more losses because Brown is 

So you are saying it’s his fault whether the players play or not...noted!

4 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

We shouldn't have to be worried about a bowl win to get to 10.

You’re right we should always have ten wins!

No one should ever lose 3 games!

I never really had any doubt that Derrick would play because that’s who he is.  I know even if he got injured and I was doing the drafting for an NFL team I would take him anyway because that’s who he is.  You need leaders on field and in the locker room and there aren’t a whole lot like him.  

2 minutes ago, aujohnson said:

You’re right we should always have ten wins!

No one should ever lose 3 games!

Not if they want to play for championships.

5 minutes ago, aujohnson said:

That has nothing to do with my question. 

How do you say players shouldn’t play but Gus should win?

He can’t win without players. 

Good question......but you apparently are not familiar with this forum....this is primarily a bash gus site so many posters can stretch logic to the breaking point to find something to complain about. 

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Good question......but you apparently are not familiar with this forum....this is primarily a bash gus site so many posters can stretch logic to the breaking point to find something to complain about. 

I know I’m just trying to determine the ground rules. 

I also no that’s a moving target. 

For the record I’m fine with players sitting, I just don’t think it’s fair to say so and so didn’t win ten games that year (or whatever number) when all their NFL talent is on the sidelines. 

I am really glad to see he is playing the bowl game for the absolute simple fact we get to see him in an Auburn uniform one last time.  After New Years, we will never get to see Brown suit up for Auburn ever again.  War Eagle Mr. Brown!

10 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I am really glad to see he is playing the bowl game for the absolute simple fact we get to see him in an Auburn uniform one last time.  After New Years, we will never get to see Brown suit up for Auburn ever again.  War Eagle Mr. Brown!

I hope for the LOLz we call one more DB blitz! 😁

36 minutes ago, aujohnson said:

I know I’m just trying to determine the ground rules. 

I also no that’s a moving target. 

For the record I’m fine with players sitting, I just don’t think it’s fair to say so and so didn’t win ten games that year (or whatever number) when all their NFL talent is on the sidelines. 

Here's the thing.  As great as DB is, if you absolutely need him to beat an out-manned Minnesota team, then there are bigger issues.  Perspective here folks.  This Minnesota team has about the same talent level as Georgia Tech.  There may be 1-2 guys out of their top 22 who could potentially start for us.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Do you and Mikey have this in your drafts at all moments? 

Archived