2021 4* LB/Buck Jeremiah "Scoob" Williams (Florida)

ellitor

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

uwyxhwcxn3pbuq9mmfsw.jpg

Are those, well let me get my glasses.....yup yup those are

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Many times such as that isn't significant. However, I can't say him flashing UAT crap is a positive thing.

Wasn't that photo around July, and some of worried about that now? I thought he had narrowed it down to 4 and it did not include Alabama.

Just chill and let's see. I think the family pull to Auburn has finally convinced him to commit to AU or Auburn told him to quit playing around. lol.

4 hours ago, JCD10 said:

The timing seems like a good thing for Auburn to me. The talk has always been that he is waiting to visit Florida because he isn’t fully set. Now they extend the recruiting dead period to Jan. 1st and the next day he sets a commitment date, seems good to me.

Solid first post!

10/10 is the day of the Arkansas game. Week after the uga game. Week before the USC game. Might not mean anything and significance to any announcement date with respect to the schedule could be conjured up if it's during the season, but this could  be a deal where we have some things lined up for some Uncle Mo in October. Kool-Aid's announcement has been "imminent" for awhile now. Definitely an O&B take on my part but a little burst of announcements close together wouldn't surprise me at all. 

• 2 weeks later...

Tigers trending big for elite pass rusher 

By KEITH NIEBUHR10 hrs

Share6 Comments

Auburn seems to have positioned itself to land one of the elite edge rushers in the 2021 recruiting class.

With a few new picks coming in recently for the Tigers, Auburn now has a commanding lead in the 247Sports Crystal Ball for 4-star outside linebacker/buck Jeremiah Williams of Birmingham (Ala.) Ramsay. All told, there are five predictions in and each is for Auburn, which is heavily favored over his other finalists, Florida, Georgia and Oklahoma.

Williams is the No. 97 overall recruit nationally in the industry generated 247Sports Composite.

It's not just that Auburn is getting picks for him, it's who those picks have come from that gets one's attention.

-Wednesday, 247Sports National Director of Recruiting Steve Wiltfong put in a selection for Auburn.

-Oklahoma Sooners recruiting reporter Brandon Drumm made his pick for the Tigers on Sept. 28.

-Florida Gators recruiting reporter Blake Alderman picked Auburn on Sept. 17.

Williams will reveal his college commitment on Oct. 10 via Twitter.

Williams told Auburn Undercover he already has revealed his commitment plans to the school that will land him.

What were the biggest factors that led him to that program?

"Basically, I could be myself at that school," Williams said. "If I would stop playing football I would still love going to that school. I've got a good relationship with the head coach -- and with the position coach."

Here is Williams' 247Sports evaluation:Light edge rusher that needs to add mass at the next level. Has the versatility to line up with a hand down, in a stand up role on the edge or as an off-the-ball linebacker. Extremely patient and instinctive player. Trusts his athleticism. Runs well in space and will strike and accelerate through contact. Comfortable and aware in pass drops. Plays with great timing as a second level pass rusher. Nimble and intuitive in tight areas. Has the want-to and athleticism to fight through blocks to turn the corner as a pass rusher. Great closing speed to the football. There is some frame and body type uncertainty as a line-of-scrimmage defender. Impact Power Five starter that has the ability to be an early round NFL Draft pick.

6COMMENTS

8 hours ago, PikesEagle said:

So, should we be worried that Scoob has delayed his decision?

I don't know if we should be, but I am. 

The bad mojo generated by that performance the other night is palpable, and it's amplified by our main rivals all simultaneously having very good outings. Catastrophic Saturdays down south, y'all!

51 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I don't know if we should be, but I am. 

The bad mojo generated by that performance the other night is palpable, and it's amplified by our main rivals all simultaneously having very good outings. Catastrophic Saturdays down south, y'all!

yep and UF is playing good ball right now.  AU is due for something good, right?

13 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

yep and UF is playing good ball right now.  AU is due for something good, right?

Well, evidently not, because that something should've been the DSOR. 

Sorry, I'll quit polluting the thread. 

On 10/7/2020 at 8:58 AM, McLoofus said:

Agree with Jboy but no matter how you look at it this isn't good for us.

25 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Oh, it's only bad, and very bad.

I need a new word to describe it so I am inventing one.

It is the WORSTES.

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I need a new word to describe it so I am inventing one.

It is the WORSTES.

It's Golfastrophic...

or

its Golfrendous...

or

It's Golfaclysmic...

13 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I actually think we end up getting him. Once this loss blows over I think he ends up here.

Georgia is involved now. Like big time. If it is not AU it won't be Florida either. It will be Georgia. And if prior history on the field and in recruiting is any indication Kirby will show Gus who his daddy is once again. Kirby just flat out owns Gus in every aspect. 

Basically losing to Georgia was a train wreck for recruiting. This was coming - look at the Mims thread. We HAD to beat Uga. 
Not only did we lose, we were embarrassed. It is the straw that broke the camel’s back. Just about every lock we had in recruiting is now rethinking what they are going to be doing, including this young man. According to insiders on other auburn message boards, the young man was going to commit to Auburn and now is leaning to Georgia (maybe Florida). 
For us to have any chance at all in recruiting this year, we basically need to run the table at this point. Auburn is in real trouble. 

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Georgia is involved now. Like big time. If it is not AU it won't be Florida either. It will be Georgia. And if prior history on the field and in recruiting is any indication Kirby will show Gus who his daddy is once again. Kirby just flat out owns Gus in every aspect. 

You would be correct according to people that know a lot more than me. 

This just shows how thin our recruiting margin is. One lose and we are now on the outs for a couple of recruits we all felt fairly confident in getting. As compared to our main rivals when they sustain a lose its business as usual. 

43 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

This just shows how thin our recruiting margin is. One lose and we are now on the outs for a couple of recruits we all felt fairly confident in getting. As compared to our main rivals when they sustain a lose its business as usual. 

Yes but it is not just one loss. It is an embarrassing loss on national tv to a team that beats us every year. If we had beaten Georgia last year and the year before, things would be different. There comes a point in recruiting where you have to beat the teams you are recruiting against. 

Their recruiting pitch right now is if you go and play for Auburn, we will beat you on the field. And they do...

4 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Auburn's margin is innately thinner, no lie, but this is also what happens when you live on hopes, promises and pixie dust for 6 years

Archived