2021 4* LB/Buck Jeremiah "Scoob" Williams (Florida)

ellitor

And around and around we go.....

tenor.gif

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

And around and around we go.....

tenor.gif

Yep. No longer committing soon and doesn’t really know when he’s going to commit. Supposedly mom is in our corner so he may be trying to hold out to see if there’s visitors eventually so she can visit Florida since she’s never been there.

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yep. No longer committing soon and doesn’t really know when he’s going to commit. Supposedly mom is in our corner so he may be trying to hold out to see if there’s visitors eventually so she can visit Florida since she’s never been there.

ewr.gif

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

ewr.gif

I am so conflicted by this post. Prime Tawny Kitaen with downer ‘cruitin’ news. Art at its highest level- highest high and lowest low in 2 gifs. You, sir, are elite

5C7A1154-D88E-4DEC-8D44-D335562C957D.gif

1 hour ago, fredst said:

I am so conflicted by this post. Prime Tawny Kitaen with downer ‘cruitin’ news. Art at its highest level- highest high and lowest low in 2 gifs. You, sir, are elite

5C7A1154-D88E-4DEC-8D44-D335562C957D.gif

asas.gif

Maybe he was close to committing to the University of Florida and Florida University, 

Like the kids who commit to Auburn University and the University of Auburn.

• 2 weeks later...

Re-Ranking the Contenders: Jeremiah Williams

Chad Simmons • Rivals.com
Recruiting Analyst

It was six, it was almost one, but now, as we roll into the back-end of August, there are four schools still being considered by four-star linebacker Jeremiah Williams.

The star out of Birmingham (Ala.) Ramsay had a list of Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, LSU and Oklahoma. The Crimson Tide and Tigers in Baton Rouge have been eliminated, so Williams is now to four.

Just a few weeks ago, he flirted with a commitment, but hit the pause button to take more time, re-evaluate his options, and instead of committing to one, he has turned his focus to Auburn, Florida, Georgia and Oklahoma.

Who has the edge? We re-rank his contenders.

1. AUBURN

If you cover recruiting long enough, when the race is extremely tight, you tend to see the program closest to home come out on top. If we would have ranked these programs a month or so ago, Florida would have been in this spot. It has been close between the Tigers and Gators for some time now, and these two may be going back and forth on top still to this day. Auburn has gone all in with Williams, and it is not one coach recruiting him, but numerous coaches, including head coach Gus Malzahn is involved.

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS WITH AUBURN FANS AT AUBURNSPORTS.COM

2. FLORIDA

Florida almost landed a commitment from Williams. This was very close to happening in July. Christian Robinson is the lead recruiter, and the former linebacker at Georgia has done an excellent job. There are other coaches in the mix too, and Florida’s defensive plan to move Williams around really stands out to him. Florida may be No. 2 on this list today, but the top two programs here are very close, and it should read more like a 1A and 1B.

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS WITH FLORIDA FANS AT GATORSTERRITORY.COM

3. GEORGIA

Georgia is hanging around, and yes, it is a program you cannot sleep on here, but the Bulldogs are behind the Tigers and the Gators. Glenn Schumann is the lead recruiter, and he has been in regular contact with Williams over the summer with Kirby Smart becoming more involved here recently. The communication may have increased in recent weeks between the two parties, and a first visit to Athens could be on the horizon, so Georgia is in this, but it has some ground to make up.

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS WITH GEORGIA FANS AT UGASPORTS.COM

4. OKLAHOMA

Distance and familiarity are against the Sooners here. Oklahoma has stayed in this race due to its consistency and how it has recruited Williams. The staff in Norman has put forth the effort, they have had Williams on virtual visits and they have shown him how he can shine in their system. Still though, when you look at Williams’ list of four, you see three SEC powers that are fairly close to home, then Oklahoma. For the Sooners to make a move here, they need visits to open back up and to get Williams on campus.

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS WITH OKLAHOMA FANS AT SOONERSCOOP.COM

He was never about to commit to UF, he was about to commit to Auburn and UF got him to push it back. This I can promise you, kid likes to have fun with the rivals and 24/7 guys. He will be all Auburn.

17 minutes ago, The Jboy Show said:

He was never about to commit to UF, he was about to commit to Auburn and UF got him to push it back. This I can promise you, kid likes to have fun with the rivals and 24/7 guys. He will be all Auburn.

I love your confidence level on this one. But it seems to me if a coaching staff has enough sway to have a kid push back his commitment, they might have enough to close on his commitment later. Thoughts?

He still thought he was going to be able to have an official visit to UF and didn’t want to commit until he visited but now that’s still up in the air and momma wants Auburn. And momma is gonna get what momma wants. It was a great job by Florida getting him to push it back similar to what Auburn has done with Amarius Mims but ultimately Scooby will choose Auburn imo based on what I know.

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Keith finally put in a crystal ball for Scoob to AU today.

Wonderful! Now we just need for Scoob to put in for AU today.

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

Wonderful! Now we just need for Scoob to put in for AU today.

Told reporters this week he still plans to drag it out for now.

That could change though should the dead period be extended through December.

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

At least I hope I like it. From Auburn's perspective, he needs to either fish or cut bait so we can either call the position filled or start taking a harder look elsewhere.

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

At least I hope I like it. From Auburn's perspective, he needs to either fish or cut bait so we can either call the position filled or start taking a harder look elsewhere.

The timing seems like a good thing for Auburn to me. The talk has always been that he is waiting to visit Florida because he isn’t fully set. Now they extend the recruiting dead period to Jan. 1st and the next day he sets a commitment date, seems good to me.

31 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Don’t look into that stuff. How many times does it have to be said on here 

Many times such as that isn't significant. However, I can't say him flashing UAT crap is a positive thing.

Archived