2021 4* LB/Buck Jeremiah "Scoob" Williams (Florida)

ellitor

23 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Basically losing to Georgia was a train wreck for recruiting. This was coming - look at the Mims thread. We HAD to beat Uga. 
Not only did we lose, we were embarrassed. It is the straw that broke the camel’s back. Just about every lock we had in recruiting is now rethinking what they are going to be doing, including this young man. According to insiders on other auburn message boards, the young man was going to commit to Auburn and now is leaning to Georgia (maybe Florida). 
For us to have any chance at all in recruiting this year, we basically need to run the table at this point. Auburn is in real trouble. 

It probably didn’t even have to be a win, just a hard fought game. AU looking like a sack of potatoes is the problem. So, so much wasted talent that it’s unbelievable. Not surprised at all any high profile guys are looking elsewhere right now. A run of good games might help that though. 

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, AuburnFast said:

Hopefully no D recruit considers the poor showing against #3 UGa on the road as indicative of our typical D. It also screamed playing time to Scoob.

The problem is we followed that up with D having a poor showing against Arky when we were playing at home. D needs to turn it around starting with SC and getting better every game.

On 10/15/2020 at 7:36 AM, AuburnNTexas said:

The problem is we followed that up with D having a poor showing against Arky when we were playing at home. D needs to turn it around starting with SC and getting better every game.

agree. It all starts with the ability to pressure with the front 4. We haven't shown that consistency.

We also are not getting enough sacks to put these QBs is longer down and distances. 

All that contributes to having a poor 3rd down stop percentage.

On 10/15/2020 at 7:36 AM, AuburnNTexas said:

Now USCe says hello!

10 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Gotta land this kid . We need something good to happen 

Not happening my friend. The fire is truly ablaze. Our recruiting is awful right now.

HINT: IT WILL NOT BE US! lol 

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

Not happening my friend. The fire is truly ablaze. Our recruiting is awful right now.

Gosh man I hate to agree , 

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

In your opinion, what's our chances of signing Jeremiah, Pool Aid, Smael and Nyland Green.

Maybe Scoob, but I wouldn't hold out hope

I totally understand why recruits are veering away from Auburn right now because of the product we are putting on the field. But let's be honest outside of Georgia and Alabama what other team is doing well in the SEC.  Tenn is playing worse than us. We beat KY,  SC is weak, Mizzo is weak, LSU is weak, Ole Miss is weak, Vandy is weak, Miss. State is weak, Fla only has one loss to A&M but the D has been scorched in every game they played, they still have to play Georgia who I expect will trounce them and they still have to play LSU who I expect them to beat. A&M is up and down had trouble with Vandy, burned by bama you get the idea. 

Right now the SEC is a train wreck.  Loosing players to bama and Georgia I understand but other teams I don't.

13 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I totally understand why recruits are veering away from Auburn right now because of the product we are putting on the field. But let's be honest outside of Georgia and Alabama what other team is doing well in the SEC.  Tenn is playing worse than us. We beat KY,  SC is weak, Mizzo is weak, LSU is weak, Ole Miss is weak, Vandy is weak, Miss. State is weak, Fla only has one loss to A&M but the D has been scorched in every game they played, they still have to play Georgia who I expect will trounce them and they still have to play LSU who I expect them to beat. A&M is up and down had trouble with Vandy, burned by bama you get the idea. 

Right now the SEC is a train wreck.  Loosing players to bama and Georgia I understand but other teams I don't.

It's not just the wins and losses but the overall look and feel of the football program.  I can't think of one positive thing that the recruits would get excited about.  This year has been a train wreck and I can't see any way it is ever going to get better.  And there is only 1 person to blame and we all know who that is.

19 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

No other SEC coach has been around nearly as long as Gus. They can all still sell trying to get *their* guys in. And Jimbo and the Ogre can flash national championship rings and better facilities. 

Getting beat for a in state recruit to cousin freaking Eddie? Whoooooooooof. New low for beep boop. Losing out to guys who have been great and elite proven recruiters for several years in O, Kirby and Saban is one thing but losing out on a in state guy to Dan Mullen?! a guy who has never been a strong recruiter and is one of the SEC Head Coaches we thought High School was a better recruiter than? Yiiiiiiiiikes. Are we close to rock bottom yet for crutin? SMH.

dasd.gif

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

No other SEC coach has been around nearly as long as Gus. They can all still sell trying to get *their* guys in. And Jimbo and the Ogre can flash national championship rings and better facilities. 

This isn't hard to understand. Mullinz is in year 2. Gus year 8. One program is considered to be on the rise, the other is a death spiral. 

35 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

When UT, UF, uga and Clemson are doing better recruiting Alabama than AU is, well you should really take a look in the mirror. Absolutely criminal by this staff. 

Reason #3858462658 why we need to pony up the cash and distance ourselves from the gus bus.   We’re only digging ourselves a deeper grave every week he continues to be our HC.  

Archived