2021 3* WR Roc Taylor

ellitor

18 offers including AU, Vols, Florida, GT, & SCar
Grew up an AU fan
Sounds like he may be 1 of AU's top 2 WR targets now

29 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Reminds me of Courtney Taylor.  Not quick or fast, but rangy with good body control.

Keith is comparing him to Seth Williams FWIW. Not saying he will be as good as Seth but says he has similar traits.

8 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Should not be a three star. That’s all I’m gonna say about it 

Kool Aid would agree.

21 hours ago, ellitor said:

Keith is comparing him to Seth Williams FWIW. Not saying he will be as good as Seth but says he has similar traits.

I don't mind either comparison, because I think Roc's probably somewhere between the two, based just off of that film in the OP. I don't know that he's quite as dynamic as Seth, but the few throws I saw that challenged him made him look like he has a great catch radius. The main thing is that most of his longer catches weren't really all that difficult to make by the time he made them, and the way the film is, it's hard to tell how much it was his superior skill/athleticism that got him in the position to make the catch (though the fact that he was in position to begin with obviously speaks well for him). A few of the grabs, though, were pretty spectacular, and so long as him pulling those types down happens more often than not, he'll be a valuable asset for us, should he come to Auburn. 

• 1 month later...

Not all have given up on four-star Tennessee commit Roc Taylor

w0vfxw5iyheustyyt20m

Quietly back in April, Oxford (Ala.) four-star tight end Roc Taylor committed to Tennessee. At the time, he committed to the Vols over Arkansas and South Carolina.

During the off-season, Taylor spent a lot of time at home working on his speed, route running and strength. It paid off, because in game one last week, he got off to a great start when he hauled in two touchdowns against Alabaster (Ala.) Thompson.

The communication between him in and Vols has stayed strong, and most important, consistent the last few months.

"Over the spring and summer, me and Tennessee have done a lot of FaceTime calls, a lot of regular calls, a lot of texting and things like that," said Taylor. "We have stayed in good contact with each other, and they have continued to show me a lot of attention.

"With them, since I committed, it has been kind of half and half — casual talk and recruiting talk. We are building on our relationships and they are still telling me about Tennessee and what is happening there."

Tee Martin has been Taylor's lead recruiter from the start, and he, along with head coach Jeremy Pruitt has checked on him a good bit too, but that connection with Martin is easy.

"It is fun talking with coach Martin. We have a great vibe, we really connect and we can talk about things outside of football. He gets me, I get him and we just have a great vibe with each other."

Another wide receivers coach has tried to get his program in this race. Like Martin played at the school he now coaches at, Kodi Burns did the same. He has trying to help Auburn make a move for Taylor.

"Auburn has really come on strong and they are recruiting me really hard right now," said Taylor. They just keep telling me they need me, that I would be a perfect fit there and things like that.

"The main coach has been coach Burns, and he has been on me a lot. He has called, texts, and things like that. That is the school that has recruited me hardest the last few months other than Tennessee.

"Coach Burns and Auburn have shown me a lot of attention, but I am still strong with Tennessee."

Tennessee's approach has paid off to this point. Consistency was key when Taylor committed, and it still means a lot to him.

"The consistency with Tennessee keeps me strong with them," said Taylor. "The coaches have always recruited me hard, they stay in contact with me and they have done that from the beginning.

"They recruited me hardest from the beginning, and that pushed them ahead of all the other schools. Nothing has changed.

"I feel Tennessee is on the way up. We have a lot to prove this year and I am excited about the future there."

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, mdg929 said:

Do we still have any interest?

We're full at WR...

Only way that would make any sense to me is if we moved Ta'varish to DB but I doubt we do this late in the process. Really sucks for Roc.

Surprising that the new Vols staff would pull the offer to Roc since it is this late in the game.  Lots of talent in Oxford the next few years that I imagine they don't have a chance at now.  Does nothing but help AU in the future.

47 minutes ago, AU_Twisterman said:

Surprising that the new Vols staff would pull the offer to Roc since it is this late in the game.  Lots of talent in Oxford the next few years that I imagine they don't have a chance at now.  Does nothing but help AU in the future.

45 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

If the coaches story is legit then Tennessee really did Roc dirty. Hope this kid lands on his feet somewhere and kills it. 

@AU_Twisterman   @CoffeeTiger where are y’all seeing that Tennessee pulled his offer?

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@chizheadasking me to go to al.com should be banable  offense. LOL

no joke....AL.com   really is a joke

Any chance we could land this cat?

5 minutes ago, Beaker said:

no joke....AL.com   really is a joke

Any chance we could land this cat?

KN said a little bit ago that we are done at WR

24 minutes ago, chizhead said:

everywhere. You can start with AL.COM

i read the article (ben thomas is a friend) and oxford HS football coach etheredge really bashes tennessee.  

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 3* WR Roc Taylor
9 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

i read the article (ben thomas is a friend) and oxford HS football coach etheredge really bashes tennessee.  

And should!

What an absolute POS coach to do this to a player. Good on you, Etheredge.  It sucks were full at WR.

Archived