Now a coin flip

SocialCircle

29 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

There are right or left leaning sources and then there are worthlessly biased ones.  Breitbart is as unreliable and slanted as they come without being a complete farce.  Even Media Bias Factcheck rates them not as just "right biased" but as "questionable source":

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 10.36.02 AM.png

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/breitbart/

Case in point, from the article you link, they conflate Biden's criticism of Trump banning travel from certain Muslim countries with Trump's weak travel restrictions pertaining to China and the coronavirus.  They link to his statement but then selectively quote it to make it sound like he was talking about coronavirus stuff when he was again talking about travel bans targeting people of a certain religion:

I already gave you a link to a credible source that strives to be balanced and objective when evaluating claims and doing fact checking.  If Breitbart is going to shade a story this badly when you can easily click through the links to see they are misrepresenting what's said, what do you think they do when finding the truth is harder?

Biden called Trump all kinds of names the day after the ban and now he and his supporters want to spin it. Pelosi went crazier than normal as well. The ban would have never happened under a D administration and that is clear to any unbiased person. 

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

Biden called Trump all kinds of names the day after the ban and now he and his supporters want to spin it. Pelosi went crazier than normal as well. The ban would have never happened under a D administration and that is clear to any unbiased person. 

If that's your contention, find better sourcing.  Because what you posted doesn't back that spin up.

Maybe travel restrictions (wasn't a "ban"!) would have happened under Clinton, maybe not. But I'm every bit as confident that we'd be in much better overall shape now. By all means, though, keep trying and failing to steer it away from that. I mean, y'all can keep bringing up that "ban" all you want, but 200,000 Americans are dead. I'm not sure why you keep up this nonsense as if it really matters at all in the grand scheme of things. 

"He's punched you in your genitals 50 times."
"Yeah, but one time he punched the other guy in the genitals, so SUCK IT LIBTARD."

15 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

I think Trump will get a vaccine out there as fast or faster than anybody else and he has done a great job of setting up a network to get folks vaccinated. Yes, I do think it will go away in time. 

"Trump will get a vaccine"? :rolleyes:

The vaccine effort is being conducted by scientists, not politicians.

4 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

I do think encouraging mask wearing is one of the things Trump should have done better. 

Done better?   :rolleyes:

He didn't encourage mask wearing at all.  Just the opposite.  He discouraged it and made it political.

4 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

Everyone is responsible for their own actions. He didn't quarantine the immune-compromised elderly in the seething COVID incubating cauldrons like Cuomo. They had no choices. 

Nobody is defending Trump's words or actions. He could have done things much better.  He also could have done much worse. He should most often keep his pie hole and his keyboard quiet, but to say Americans solely look to him (or any POTUS) as a reliable source for personal health decisions in this age of almost inexhaustible information and resources is laughable. 

If that represents your performance standard for the POTUS, Biden is going to be one of the greatest presidents ever!

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

What LEGAL federal effort do you suggest?

How about the one the Trump administration ignored?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/obama-team-left-pandemic-playbook-for-trump-administration-officials-confirm

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/6819268/Pandemic-Playbook.pdf

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

If that represents your performance standard for the POTUS, Biden is going to be one of the greatest presidents ever!

It isn't, and that's not what I stated. And IF Biden is elected, he'll have one of the shortest terms in history. He'll either step down voluntarily, or be forced out.  

39 minutes ago, homersapien said:

"Trump will get a vaccine"? :rolleyes:

The vaccine effort is being conducted by scientists, not politicians.

Typical of you spinning my words.  

4 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

No, it's just a stupid premise.  Really, Americans couldn't make decisions about their own personal health because of the words of the POTUS, when we've been surrounded by 24-7 COVID news, articles and information for the past 10 months? There are daily, if not hourly graphs on testing rates, death rates, by region, state, county, etc....Who takes their health information from the WH in the first place? 

Sure, he hasn't done a stellar job on the information front, but that's been true for 4 years. 

It's not so much about giving personal healthcare information than it is about marshaling and coordinating the full resources of the Federal government to address a national threat.

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

If that's your contention, find better sourcing.  Because what you posted doesn't back that spin up.

What Biden said soon after Trump announced the China travel restrictions is out there for anyone who is unbiased to see. This piece, for example,  contains the exact words. 

https://www.cerescourier.com/opinion/editorial/biden-flips-china-travel-ban/

Just now, homersapien said:

It's not so much about giving personal healthcare information than it is about marshaling and coordinating the full resources of the Federal government to address a national threat.

No, it's about making excuses and normalizing and justifying so that Biden doesn't appear so clearly superior in comparison. I didn't really just how deep dude's MO was wormed into his brain until his most recent response.

9 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

Typical of you spinning my words.  

The problem with your suggestion is that it implies the process will move faster because of Trump. Scientists are already working as quickly as they can for a vaccine while still following established safety protocols. Speeding it up would require bypassing some of those protocols, which is exactly what Russia did and is why nobody trusts the Russian vaccine. The last thing we want is people being skeptical of whatever vaccine is introduced first, because not nearly enough would take it to build up the herd immunity we're looking for. 

So, you may be right that Trump will get a vaccine faster than anyone else would, but that would actually prolong the crisis.

3 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

What Biden said soon after Trump announced the China travel restrictions is out there for anyone who is unbiased to see. This piece, for example,  contains the exact words. 

https://www.cerescourier.com/opinion/editorial/biden-flips-china-travel-ban/

Your dependence on hard right editorial pieces not withstanding, those who do actual factchecking still say this argument is full of holes:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/mar/27/donald-trump/fact-checking-whether-biden-called-trump-xenophobi/

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/07/trumps-misleading-comments-on-biden-and-the-coronavirus/

https://apnews.com/d227b34b168e576bf5068b92a03c003d

https://www.logically.ai/factchecks/library/11843e43

You seriously need to expand the range of your sources.

4 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

No, he misled the public as to the reason not to wear a mask.  The science absolutely never changed. What is tired is all of the excuses and pointing fingers only at Trump when there is plenty of blame to go around. Biden should also be slammed for blasting the travel ban for example. 

Fauci's understanding of the virus changed, so his advice changed.  That's the way scientists work.

And you keep talking about the Chinese travel ban as having a significant effect - it didn't. The effect was minimal:   https://science.sciencemag.org/content/368/6489/395

And whatever advantages were realized were squandered by inaction and/or counterproductive actions over the next 70 plus days.  There are undoubtedly extensive, detailed histories of this failed pandemic response already in progress. 

As far as "pointing fingers" at Trump, that comes with the office.  It's called accountability, which Trump explicitly avoids.  One of the myriad of reasons he is unsuited to hold the office.

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah man, you've made that clear. Congrats on making BDS a thing. Let that freak flag fly.

The fact that you think Biden is superior to anyone is the hilarious part. The dude can barely piece two words together to even resemble a cogent sentence or idea, and that's using the crutch of a teleprompter. He would (or will depending on the outcome) not last the first year of his first term. The DNC actual candidate for POTUS is Kamala. 

Your MO is clear. Anyone but Trump. I'd rather have someone fitting for the office, but right now we aren't given that choice.

15 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

The problem with your suggestion is that it implies the process will move faster because of Trump. Scientists are already working as quickly as they can for a vaccine while still following established safety protocols. Speeding it up would require bypassing some of those protocols, which is exactly what Russia did and is why nobody trusts the Russian vaccine. The last thing we want is people being skeptical of whatever vaccine is introduced first, because not nearly enough would take it to build up the herd immunity we're looking for. 

So, you may be right that Trump will get a vaccine faster than anyone else would, but that would actually prolong the crisis.

I really don't think the key career scientists in question will allow Trump to force them into a decision. 

2 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

The fact that you think Biden is superior to anyone is the hilarious part. The dude can barely piece two words together to event resemble a cogent sentence or idea, and that's using the crutch of a teleprompter. He would (or will depending on the outcome) not last the first year of his first term. The DNC actual candidate for POTUS is Kamala. 

Your MO is clear. Anyone but Trump. I'd rather have someone fitting for the office, but right now we aren't given that choice.

You guys keep saying that, but he's actually performing very well.  Guess you haven't noticed?

12 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I can read for myself what Biden said soon after Trump announced the travel restrictions without the help of anyone else. This in my view is one of your biggest problems.  It is a fact the vast majority media are Democrats.  Why would I  (or you for that matter) rely on them to interpret Biden's actually words??????   Can you not read them for yourself????  It makes no sense to me and speaks very poorly of your judgement in my view. Why rely on "sources" when you can see and read things for yourself?  

4 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

The fact that you think Biden is superior to anyone is the hilarious part. The dude can barely piece two words together to event resemble a cogent sentence or idea, and that's using the crutch of a teleprompter. He would (or will depending on the outcome) not last the first year of his first term. The DNC actual candidate for POTUS is Kamala. 

Truly bizarre post. And yet boring and tiresome. 

Just now, homersapien said:

You guys keep saying that, but he's actually performing very well.  Guess you haven't noticed?

We'll see how he fares during the debates and re-assess.

Archived