Now a coin flip

SocialCircle

31 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Granted.  But again, I live in Alabama and you live wherever you live and neither of us are voting in the gubernatorial or mayoral races of these other places.  If Trump had been on top of this and doing all he could reasonably do given what he knew about the severity of this problem, and there were still issues with the spread, then talking about those other leaders makes sense.  But when he's secretly admitting that he knows and believes it is a more serious and deadly virus than anything we've faced while telling bald-faced lies publicly about it, failing to implement anything more than the most basic of measures, and pushing states and school systems to open up regardless, then it's HIS actions that are on trial here, not theirs.  The people of NY can deal with Cuomo and the people of NYC can deal with DeBlasio.  We have to deal with Trump.

Trump did the right thing by pushing for businesses and schools to be open. The approach from the start should have been for those at high risk to be extremely cautious and to shelter in place whenever possible. All others should go about their business while using the common sense measures everybody knows. Things should only shut down in areas where the healthcare system was being or on the verge of being overwhelmed (like NYC at the beginning). Trump has largely suggested this and those states that have followed these suggestions have fared better overall those those that shut down longer as the data still clearly shows. The vast majority of the medical community says opening schools is better overall. Mostly only those politically motivated to defeat Trump disagree. 

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

And not sounding the appropriate alarm bells - plus his lack of a coordinated Federal response in follow-up - resulted in the additional deaths of tens of thousands Americans, perhaps a 100,000.

A "food shortage" was not a rationale trade-off in comparison.  You're grasping at straws in your effort to make excuses for a criminal lack of leadership. 

You know it's bad when you get the "coulda been worse" defense.

6 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

Trump did the right thing by pushing for businesses and schools to be open. The approach from the start should have been for those at high risk to be extremely cautious and to shelter in place whenever possible. All others should go about their business while using the common sense measures everybody knows.

You mean the same common sense measures that Trump has repeatedly not abided by, dismissed, ridiculed or downplayed?

38 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

By all means, provide a single expert opinion suggesting that trump's "ban" (wasn't a ban) on China travel saved more lives than the rest of his incompetency cost. No, a Breitbart link to Dr. Demon Semen won't suffice.

Also, this constant refrain of "trump might have gotten that one thing right" as though it absolves him of subsequent months of murderous incompetence is just more mindless ranting of lunatics. Truly vapid lunatics.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2EXefeZ7SGA

2 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

That didn't answer his question.  Saying it saved lives without specifics or even vague references that give no comparison to other measures doesn't tell us anything.  Did it save 10 lives?  100?  1500? 150,000?  Who knows?  Fauci doesn't say.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

That didn't answer his question.  Saying it saved lives without specifics or even vague references that give no comparison to other measures doesn't tell us anything.  Did it save 10 lives?  100?  1500? 150,000?  Who knows?  Fauci doesn't say.

It is impossible to know. 

3 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

The very quote I provided downplayed it. 

BS.  He didn't downplay the extent of the problem at all.  He was totally up front about it (as if anyone didn't already understand it.) Does this sound like "downplaying it to you:

"Values have shrunken to fantastic levels; taxes have risen; our ability to pay has fallen; government of all kinds is faced by serious curtailment of income; the means of exchange are frozen in the currents of trade; the withered leaves of industrial enterprise lie on every side; farmers find no markets for their produce; the savings of many years in thousands of families are gone. 

"More important, a host of unemployed citizens face the grim problem of existence, and an equally great number toil with little return. Only a foolish optimist can deny the dark realities of the moment."....."treating the task as we would treat the emergency of a war"

Roosevelt simply pointed out that "fear itself" is the only thing preventing us from making the required effort.   Those of the words of a leader.

Trump lied about the nature and extent of the threat itself.  He didn't prepare the country for anything - just the opposite.  He encouraged us not to take is seriously for the next several months, which undoubtedly led to far more deaths.

In summary, your comparison is totally ****** up from a simple cognitive standpoint, much less a rational one. 

You have a real talent for latching on to a ridiculously stupid argument and digging themselves deeper by doubling down on it. :no:

3 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

The lunacy on display here is of those who believe this is some kind of revelation. Breaking news.....Trump is painting an optimistic view of the pandemic. Did anyone on earth not already know this? This is just another in a long line of nothing burgers. 

I - for one - never thought he actually understood or believed the risk.  I thought this was just another one of those things that could be chalked up to simple stupidity and ignorance instead of character. 

In hindsight, I was wrong.  It was always about character first.  And he has the character one would expect in a immature, lying, narcissistic psychopathic.  Stupidity is no excuse in his case.

And seriously - as someone who continues to support him - you are in no position to accuse anyone else of "lunacy".

2 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

Shame on anyone who is surprised that Trump “downplayed” the virus. And I love lectures from someone who is confused about the origin of FDRs most famous quote. Next thing you will claim is Reagan was suggesting China tear down that wall. 

:no:    Someone need to "out you" to the rest the school board.

2 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

Some experts say many more than this were saved by Trumps travel ban that Biden was against before he was for. 

"Some experts say....."   Yeah right. 

That's the same as Trump's "people are saying".

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

"Some experts say....."   Yeah right. 

That's the same as Trump's "people are saying".

But everything on the internet(esp. Twitter) is factual, right? The Internet doesn't lie!! 

40 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

Trump did the right thing by pushing for businesses and schools to be open. The approach from the start should have been for those at high risk to be extremely cautious and to shelter in place whenever possible. All others should go about their business while using the common sense measures everybody knows. Things should only shut down in areas where the healthcare system was being or on the verge of being overwhelmed (like NYC at the beginning). Trump has largely suggested this and those states that have followed these suggestions have fared better overall those those that shut down longer as the data still clearly shows. The vast majority of the medical community says opening schools is better overall. Mostly only those politically motivated to defeat Trump disagree. 

We getting SC.  You think Trump continues to a great job, pandemic included. :no:

You are what is known as a "useful idiot" to Trump.  Thankfully, a majority of people in the US are smarter than that.

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

:no:    Someone need to "out you" to the rest the school board.

Once you get outside of 285 leaving ATL, most of them are like this. I doubt his beliefs or intellect have need to remain closeted.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Once you get outside of 285 leaving ATL, most of them are like this. I doubt his beliefs or intellect have need to remain closeted.

The deep South is a truly backward place. It's sad.  :no:

24 minutes ago, homersapien said:

We getting SC.  You think Trump continues to a great job, pandemic included. :no:

You are what is known as a "useful idiot" to Trump.  Thankfully, a majority of people in the US are smarter than that.

No, you are a liar. I have consistently said Trump (and others) could have done a better job. I will say you would have attacked Trump no matter what he did or didn’t do just like he was attacked when he issued the travel bans.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Fauci was going out of his way to compliment Trump, because, well, that's the way you keep your job with Trump.  (And he probably felt it was critically important for him to remain in his role considering what his replacement might have been.)

Regardless, most experts agree that the effect of the "China ban" was miniscule when taken into context with the other failures over the subsequent weeks and months.  

The actual results speak for themselves.

25 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

No, you are a liar. I have consistently said Trump (and others) could have done a better job. I will say you would have attacked Trump no matter what he did or didn’t do just like he was attacked when he issued the travel bans.

Well, I can be excused for making such an assumption about anyone who excuses Trump for deliberately miss-leading the public and argues - using cherry picked quotes from Roosevelt no less - that he had a good reason for doing it.

I never attacked Trump for the China travel ban. But I have attacked him for his constant lying and all of the traitorous, incompetent and corrupt things he has done, which you apparently feel can be excused or rationalized. 

So I can only assume he's still got your vote.  And at last, that's all that needs to be said about you.  Useful idiot.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Well, I can be excused for making such an assumption about anyone who excuses Trump for deliberately miss-leading the public and argues - using cherry picked quotes from Roosevelt no less - that he had a good reason for doing it.

I never attacked Trump for the China travel ban. But I have attacked him for his constant lying and all of the traitorous, incompetent and corrupt things he has done, which you apparently feel can be excused or rationalized. 

So I can only assume he's still got your vote.  And at last, that's all that needs to be said about you.  Useful idiot.

He absolutely has my vote vs what the D is running out there. I think Trump overall has done a very solid job for our country and has actually exceeded my expectations despite his missteps during this pandemic. I think the numbers of deaths would have been the same or greater under Biden and our economy would be much, much weaker. I also think Trump will get a vaccine out there much quicker than Biden would have had he been president when this occurred. 

4 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Granted.  But again, I live in Alabama and you live wherever you live and neither of us are voting in the gubernatorial or mayoral races of these other places.  If Trump had been on top of this and doing all he could reasonably do given what he knew about the severity of this problem, and there were still issues with the spread, then talking about those other leaders makes sense.  But when he's secretly admitting that he knows and believes it is a more serious and deadly virus than anything we've faced while telling bald-faced lies publicly about it, failing to implement anything more than the most basic of measures, and pushing states and school systems to open up regardless, then it's HIS actions that are on trial here, not theirs.  The people of NY can deal with Cuomo and the people of NYC can deal with DeBlasio.  We have to deal with Trump.

Analogy is, we have to deal with Kay Ivey.  She's been tremendous. #liveinAL #teachinMPS

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

I have listened and dialogued with countless on this site from "the other" side...in a cordial, positive way...especially when there was nothing going on of note on the football boards.  It's been pretty easy to find SOME points of agreement at times.  However, and this isn't aimed directly at you (I've just hit the ignore on the others) name-calling has lost my ear and dilutes your case for truth as you see it.  Love to you, Homer, but your (and other) messages are getting lost whether you're just stating your position, seeking converts, or just trying to have a decent go-between.  

SC is ace at the broken-record response.  It drives some of us crazy (not me)...but I know why he does it.  It's a good "useful idiot" tact...for a specific audience, usually.

Archived