2021 4* LB Trevin Wallace (UK signee 2/3)

LKEEL75

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:
5 minutes ago, fredst said:

I heard that they were all turned off by the s***hole FOF we are building

We'll that's just dumn

Agree. Just referencing this from another thread about the FOF:

“Hopefully they can sell the s*** pit of this to recruits. They'll essentially break it in”

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@W.E.D Since you haven’t posted much in the recruiting form I’m not sure how much you know about recruiting. So with that in mind I will go ahead and let you know that recruiting is a relationships game. Two of the three recruits you mentioned did not have a relationship with anyone on the new staff. It’s only logical that Wallace and Wilson pick other schools they have better and longer relationships with on the coaches. On Henderson, the way Bama is churning out running backs there is absolutely no shame in losing a running back battle to them.

48 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

That would be pretty pathetic. 

Losing the Harvard OL, Telvin, and now the 5* RB that was heavy to Auburn has flipped to Bama... Not the best start for our new staff 

Was the 5* RB heavy into Auburn or just interested? Because that’s 2 different things 

10 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Was the 5* RB heavy into Auburn or just interested? Because that’s 2 different things 

Definitely into Auburn not sure how much though. Per one person connected to the program Bama has been leading for Henderson for over a month now. Probably since most of the old Staff was let go which makes sense.

1 hour ago, fredst said:

Agree. Just referencing this from another thread about the FOF:

“Hopefully they can sell the s*** pit of this to recruits. They'll essentially break it in”

Ha. Sorry thst was a typo 

Sell the s*** out of it. 

I'm pumped about the FOF

58 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Heavy into Aub and like Carnell. Pretty sure he was a heavy CB to us also. 

57 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Definitely into Auburn not sure how much though. Per one person connected to the program Burma has been leading for Henderson for over a month now. Probably since most of the old Staff was let go which makes sense.

Right. We led last year. 

39 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Ha. Sorry thst was a typo 

Sell the s*** out of it. 

I'm pumped about the FOF

Ha. That makes a little more sense 🍻

Just now, fredst said:

Ha. That makes a little more sense 🍻

Ha yeah. My bad

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Definitely into Auburn not sure how much though. Per one person connected to the program Burma has been leading for Henderson for over a month now. Probably since most of the old Staff was let go which makes sense.

Dang, now we gotta recruit against Burma, too !!!

2 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

You thought we could crack open the Australian Pipeline without  any consequences?

8 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Phone didn't want to type "Bama". Good phone. lol

10 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Do the recruits prefer to call it Burma or Myanmar? Maybe if we point out the genocide against the Rohingya there we can beat them for some good recruits....

11 minutes ago, fredst said:

Do the recruits prefer to call it Burma or Myanmar? Maybe if we point out the genocide against the Rohingya there we can beat them for some good recruits....

Is it Genocide Joke Thursday already? Where does the time go.

I still can't bring myself to watch The Act of Killing

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Is it Genocide Joke Thursday already? Where does the time go.

I still can't bring myself to watch The Act of Killing

Not sure whether to laugh or cry. “The Killing Fields” a great movie about a similarly dark/sobering subject, the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia.

Oh well, better just stick to the recruits, even those we’re losing. Mikey be on our ass for talking movies....

6 hours ago, BigBlueWDE said:

CBs raining down on Kentucky. Geez

I saw that, but the juco guy from Independence C.C. sounds like a good pickup if things work out. May have 4 years of eligibility left, but 3 for sure

I am not one of those who say after we lose a recruit, we didn't really want him as I really wanted this young man as I have mentioned a few times.  In the past Auburn has done well with smaller faster quicker LB's because in the design of our 4-3-4 defense it is job of D-Line to protect LB's so they can roam and go to the ball.  It seems like we are looking at a 3-4-4 defense as our base D with different looks when O has 5 receivers. Wallace if listing is correct is 6'2" and around 210 pounds would that size fit in a 3-4-4 defense or would he need to put on a lot of weight.

I am not asking this as a way to say he would not have fit as I know we were pushing for him hard.

Would think D Mason could pull in such a recruit since it HIS scheme.   No?

The kid was close to coming here already.  I know, I know - T Will is gone.  I am just lamenting.

12 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Wallace if listing is correct is 6'2" and around 210 pounds would that size fit in a 3-4-4 defense or would he need to put on a lot of weight.

Add 10-20lbs and it's a nice size for an OLB

13 hours ago, Beaker said:

Would think D Mason could pull in such a recruit since it HIS scheme.   No?

The kid was close to coming here already.  I know, I know - T Will is gone.  I am just lamenting.

Ky puts a lot of LBs in the NFL especially those in the 3-4 Defense. they have put 5-6 LBs in the NFL over the last 7-8 years I think...

28 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Ky puts a lot of LBs in the NFL especially those in the 3-4 Defense. they have put 5-6 LBs in the NFL over the last 7-8 years I think...

Wow...that's a strong message and recruiting advantage.

-thx

23 hours ago, BigBlueWDE said:

CBs raining down on Kentucky. Geez

Pathetic.  So much for people saying we'd be in good shape with out TWill.  Understandable losing out to UGA/Bama for some players, stings losing out to Kentucky

Gonna need some wins soon to get momentum rolling.

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Pathetic.  So much for people saying we'd be in good shape with out TWill.  Understandable losing out to UGA/Bama for some players, stings losing out to Kentucky

@W.E.D again recruiting is a relationships game. Wallace does not have a previous relationship with our new LB coach. He does have one with the Kentucky staff which would make it logical if they win this recruit. This is not a video game where is school with a higher prestige can just come in late and land a prospect they want Even with the new staff.

Archived