2021 4* LB Trevin Wallace (UK signee 2/3)

LKEEL75

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

T-Will had exactly zero LB recruits before he got canned. T-Will couldn't even pull in the Prattville kid from an Auburn family. If we don't sign a single LB this class we'll be right where T-Will left us. We are better off with him gone, and I hope he wakes up and turns out better off too.

I'm very glad he's gone.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I do think we're set up well for the long term in lots of areas.  We disagree on some current short term struggles.  I think we've got a lot of quality coaches, but I feel like we're missing the Trooper/Luper types...especially on defense.

I’m hoping Schmedding (sp) and Watts can do some things with their West Coast connections. They’ve found great athletes out there and now they can offer playing for AU in the SEC. And if Eason flashes his coaching personality to recruits, I’m thinking he will be impressive as well. 

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m hoping Schmedding (sp) and Carr can do some things with their West Coast connections. They’ve found great athletes out there and now they can offer playing for AU in the SEC. And if Eason flashes his coaching personality to recruits, I’m thinking he will be impressive as well. 

Who’s Carr?

48 minutes ago, dilligas said:

Who’s Carr?

Watts.  Not Carr. Good catch. 😀

1 hour ago, dilligas said:

Who’s Carr?

We do not talk about him.....but since you asked....last time I heard....he was leaving the drive through at In and out headed to see a recruit.

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m hoping Schmedding (sp) and Watts can do some things with their West Coast connections. They’ve found great athletes out there and now they can offer playing for AU in the SEC. And if Eason flashes his coaching personality to recruits, I’m thinking he will be impressive as well. 

I'd be in board here if they were P5 coaches. 

1 hour ago, Ausburn2 said:

Glad you are in/on board now because they are P5 coaches now.

Were is past tense 

HTH

So do we actually have quality recruiters on our staff? Look, 2021 is a wash recruiting-wise but we can't be loading up on 3 stars. I just have a nagging feeling the 2020s are going to be bad for us and we're becoming TN. This time in 2013 I was really excited about our staff's ability as recruiters, but now I'm not so sure...maybe Gus did kill my interest in things but yeah. Talk me down lol.

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

So do we actually have quality recruiters on our staff? Look, 2021 is a wash recruiting-wise but we can't be loading up on 3 stars. I just have a nagging feeling the 2020s are going to be bad for us and we're becoming TN. This time in 2013 I was really excited about our staff's ability as recruiters, but now I'm not so sure...maybe Gus did kill my interest in things but yeah. Talk me down lol.

WELP another shot for everyone in this thread for that becoming TN reference THAT IS SUCH A ORGINAL AND BRAND NEW THOUGHT!!!! lol 

giphy.gif

On 1/30/2021 at 12:08 AM, Mikey said:

T-Will had exactly zero LB recruits before he got canned. T-Will couldn't even pull in the Prattville kid from an Auburn family. If we don't sign a single LB this class we'll be right where T-Will left us. We are better off with him gone, and I hope he wakes up and turns out better off too.

Ok so you are still doing this? ALLLLRIGHTY then.  You almost done? You are loving this aren't you? You have waited on this for 4 years. You have never liked T Will and have made it a point to bash him at any and every turn. WE GET IT. We got it years ago the first time you went down this road with this shtick. You are supposed to be MR Linebacker and under T will the LB play was the best it has been at AU in a decade. You can be happy with the new hires and still pay the proper respects to him a great Auburn man who bleeds orange and blue. I do not see other assistants getting rail-roaded by the fans besides maybe Garner. Do I like the new hires? HELL YAH. We have 2 former DC's as position coaches at the LB spot. That is a hell out a coup. But that does mean we have back the car over and over and run over T Will on his way out of town? HELL NAHHHH. Just make up, hash it out and break bread with him. Like got damn it is not that hard man.

tenor.gif?itemid=11570520

7 hours ago, AUwent said:

So do we actually have quality recruiters on our staff?

@AUwent as I replied to you a day or so ago you’re just going to have to be patient like the rest of us. We won’t really have an idea of how good recruiting staff this staff can be until a good ways into the 2022 cycle. There’s really no point for knee-jerk reactions or assessments right now.

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

a great Auburn man who bleeds orange and blue

@GwillMac6 this may have been the case at one time and likely was but towards the end of his auburn tenure he bled T will not Orange and blue. He was out for himself at the end and recruiting kids to himself and not to the school. He caused other issues also on the team this past year that caused team chemistry problems.

T-Will had exactly zero LB recruits before he got canned.

Wrong! He had Wallace and the five star from Florida silently committed and both ready to pop publicly before the previous regime was fired.

T-Will couldn't even pull in the Prattville kid from an Auburn family

We stopped recruiting Jackson for a couple months before he committed to Bama. Not sure if that was T will or Coach Steele giving him orders not to go after him until we knew where other targets were at in their commitment time frames.

If we don't sign a single LB this class we'll be right where T-Will left us

With all the issues he caused this past season this is still mind numbingly dumb. Until this past season he had stabilized the linebacker position on roster and in recruiting.

We are better off with him gone

Agreed but not for the reasons you listed. It’s for the other reasons listed by WDE, golf, bird, and a number of other people connected to the program.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Wrong! He had Wallace and the five star from Florida silently committed and both ready to pop publicly before the previous regime was fired.

Ah, yes. The ever elusive "silent commits". If they are silent, they are not committed. Also, when it was said months ago that we started looking around because we'd lost out on the Florida 5*, that information was not accurate?

We stopped recruiting Jackson for a couple months before he committed to Bama.

Back a few months ago the story was that T-Will got lazy because he thought he had this kid in the bag. Now we lost interest? Not buying the change in excuses.

With all the issues he caused this past season this is still mind numbingly dumb.

He had zero committed, that's where he left us. So my statement, "If we don't sign a single LB in this class we'll be exactly where T-Will left us" is 100% accurate.

9 hours ago, AUwent said:

Well Tennessee did make an effort to recruit nationally in the early 00s which ended up doing some damage to some southeast relationships.  Hope we put more of an emphasis on FL GA AL as there are plenty of recruits available close by to win championships with...no need to venture out too often. We have a strong 200 mile radius...hope we dont ignore the rivers and lakes we’re used to while chasing waterfalls.

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

Well Tennessee did make an effort to recruit nationally in the early 00s which ended up doing some damage to some southeast relationships.  Hope we put more of an emphasis on FL GA AL as there are plenty of recruits available close by to win championships with...no need to venture out too often. We have a strong 200 mile radius...hope we dont ignore the rivers and lakes we’re used to while chasing waterfalls.

This may be the post of the year . Just inspiring 

2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Excellent point, but I’m hoping with Harsin coming in we can learn to be great at both. I would love to pull 5 or 6 kids a year from the Texas or West Coast area. For instance, if we can’t consistently win on top rated O linemen in the Deep South lets go find the next Alex Kozan or Braden Smith somewhere else. 

5 hours ago, AUDevil said:

15 hours ago, AUwent said:

If you are seriously feeling like this, I have some PRIME waterfront property in Bedford, VA I would like to sell you...

4 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

This may be the post of the year . Just inspiring 

I hope we emphasize the players that will help our team and want to come to AU no mater where they live. I don’t see more value in one part of the country over another.

1 minute ago, Sizzle said:

Yup! The only reason I haven't move this thread to the Rivals section yet is because he hasn't formally committed yet.

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 4* LB Trevin Wallace (UK signee 2/3)

Archived