The first debate

TitanTiger

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

The format isn't the problem.  

Maybe not, but this is a crap product the network and its debate staff is broadcasting. 

Just now, creed said:

Maybe not, but this is a crap product the network and its debate staff is broadcasting. 

Unless the candidates are willing to allow the moderator to silence a mic when someone interrupts or won't listen to the moderator's directions, it won't get better.  

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Unless the candidates are willing to allow the moderator to silence a mic when someone interrupts or won't listen to the moderator's directions, it won't get better.  

If that's the case I wouldn't think any debating between these two is usefull. I would probably get more out of individual town hall type format discussion with audience questions. 

1 minute ago, creed said:

If that's the case I wouldn't think any debating between these two is usefull. I would probably get more out of individual town hall type format discussion with audience questions. 

If you shut off a mic a few times, they'll adjust.

8 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Wallace is bad. He should feel bad. 

Honestly, I don't think any other moderator will be this aggressive with trying to get Trump to abide by the rules.  Wallace is the only one who will push back.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Honestly, I don't think any other moderator will be this aggressive with trying to get Trump to abide by the rules.  Wallace is the only one who will push back.

Agree, probably doing better than anyone else could. 

Should hook up a taser to each and zap them when they  won’t shut up!! 

1 minute ago, wdefromtx said:

Agree, probably doing better than anyone else could. 

Should hook up a taser to each and zap them when they  won’t shut up!! 

source.gif

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Trump is a bully and bullies only listen to force.  You can't talk over him because the only time he's not talking is when he's gasping for a breath.  You shut his mic off so he can't talk except when it's his turn.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

He's s***, and comparing him to other s*** may make him look better by comparison, but only by comparison. s*** is s***. 

15 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Agreed

Just now, AUFriction said:

Politics aside. I’m really unnerved by Trump’s statements on accepting the election outcome. 

If he loses, I pray it's an electoral college rout.  Anything close and he'll turn it into an absolute shitshow.

Biden missed an opportunity there on this "will you urge your supporters to remain calm if it takes until after Election Day to count them."  My response after that farrago of nonsense would have been, "Of course I will, Chris, because I'm a grown-up."

3 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Politics aside. I’m really unnerved by Trump’s statements on accepting the election outcome. 

That and encouraging people to go to the polls as "watchers".  That's arguably voter intimidation.

This was a s*** show. Neither looked good and certainly didnt give any reason for any "undecided" to have any hope for better.

IMO, Trump came across as a insolent bully and Biden came across as easily ruffled and destracted by Trump's jabs

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

IMO, Trump came across as a insolent bully and Biden came across as easily ruffled and destracted by Trump's jabs

To be fair, it's almost impossible to stay calm and on topic when someone behaves that way.  You can't say anything because half the time he's practically yelling over you.  When the moderator tells him to wait and he'll get his turn, he just keeps going and getting louder.  I don't know how anyone could deal with that crap for 90 minutes and come off unruffled and undistracted.

Archived