For all you vote by mail people....

wdefromtx

Go ahead and vote by mail, but don’t cry foul if you help Trump win. The USPS has been losing crap for decades and you think that it’s a safe way to send in your vote. Bet this lady wishes she hadn’t used the mail to get her lotto winnings. 

https://www.click2houston.com/news/national/2020/10/04/lottery-winner-out-of-luck-when-ticket-gets-lost-in-mail/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=snd&utm_content=kprc2

21 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Go ahead and vote by mail, but don’t cry foul if you help Trump win. The USPS has been losing crap for decades and you think that it’s a safe way to send in your vote. Bet this lady wishes she hadn’t used the mail to get her lotto winnings. 

https://www.click2houston.com/news/national/2020/10/04/lottery-winner-out-of-luck-when-ticket-gets-lost-in-mail/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=snd&utm_content=kprc2

I'm voting by mail, but I may drop my ballots off in person at the election office a few days before Election Day.  My main concern is standing in long lines for 30 mins to an hour or more with bozos who think masks are for p*****s who won't stay back from me, shared surfaces and so on.  I have my family to think about, including a child with asthma and a mom that catches everything on earth.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm voting by mail, but I may drop my ballots off in person at the election office a few days before Election Day.  My main concern is standing in long lines for 30 mins to an hour or more with bozos who think masks are for p*****s who won't stay back from me, shared surfaces and so on.  I have my family to think about, including a child with asthma and a mom that catches everything on earth.

Hopefully there will be some type of mask enforcement there. Im going to go during the day to one of the early voting locations to avoid any crowds. It’s been three months since I’ve had Covid so I guess if what they say is true the antibodies have already dissipated. 

2 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Hopefully there will be some type of mask enforcement there. Im going to go during the day to one of the early voting locations to avoid any crowds. It’s been three months since I’ve had Covid so I guess if what they say is true the antibodies have already dissipated. 

Same for me with daytime early voting.  Usually not much of a line if I do that since we have two weeks of early vote.

For all you travel by car people......

Go ahead and travel by car, but don’t cry foul if you crash and die.  Cars have been crashing for decades and you think that it’s a safe way to travel.  Bet this person wishes they hadn’t used a car to travel.

https://www.timesfreepress.com/news/local/story/2020/oct/04/one-person-dies-single-car-crash-brainerd-road/533466/

:-\

Mailed my ballot Saturday at the post office.  Got there by car.

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

For all you travel by car people......

Go ahead and travel by car, but don’t cry foul if you crash and die.  Cars have been crashing for decades and you think that it’s a safe way to travel.  Bet this person wishes they hadn’t used a car to travel.

https://www.timesfreepress.com/news/local/story/2020/oct/04/one-person-dies-single-car-crash-brainerd-road/533466/

:-\

Mailed my ballot Saturday at the post office.  Got there by car.

Hopefully it won’t get lost like that lady’s lotto ticket. 

Hopefully it won’t get lost like that lady’s lotto ticket. 

Hopefully you won't find a functionally impaired driver cross over into your lane next week. ;)

I have no idea why people still view something like the Postal SERVICE, a PUBLIC SERVICE, as a business. 

Imagine if people thought the fire department or the police department should be moneymakers. What a strange frame of reference. 

I’ve honestly, in 35 years, never had an issue with the USPS. 

For whatever it’s worth, I’ll be voting early in person because I just don’t want to deal with the lines on Election Day. 

34 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I have no idea why people still view something like the Postal SERVICE, a PUBLIC SERVICE, as a business. 

Imagine if people thought the fire department or the police department should be moneymakers. What a strange frame of reference. 

I guarantee you some people would love a for-profit police force. 

5 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I guarantee you some people would love a for-profit police force. 

They are for profit, if you know the right folks...lol (I know you know that, just making fun. There is also Blackwater too...)

5 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

For whatever it’s worth, I’ll be voting early in person because I just don’t want to deal with the lines on Election Day. 

Re: USPS...consider yourself fortunate.

Definitely early voting in person here as well...probably on day 1 or 2.

In this household, all four of us will troop to our usual voting place on November 3rd and vote in person. The poll watchers for both parties are all personal friends and every election gives us a chance to stop and chat for a while and catch up on who's doing what. A big turnout is around 180 for the day. No liquor allowed within 50 feet of the polling building (A Baptist church) but if you park on the backside of the parking lot...

Ah, the joys of rural life!

8 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Check out some of the lines in Ohio today for first day of early vote.

25 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Damnit. 

To be fair, in Ohio for early voting, there's only one precinct open per county.  Lines are going to naturally be longer.

50 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

To be fair, in Ohio for early voting, there's only one precinct open per county.  Lines are going to naturally be longer.

We have around 30 early voting locations in Fort Bend County alone. 

We have around 30 early voting locations in Fort Bend County alone. 

There's a bunch here in Wilco.  Luckily one is near the house, so I'll probably go after the first few days of early voting to let lines settle a bit.

This is why voting by mail is crucial if you want to actually have your voice heard. It’s ******* absurd that people have to stand in line this long. It’s done like this by design, and its so undemocratic it’s become a joke. I’m lucky to live somewhere where the wait times aren’t long, so I’ll be going in person and proudly voting this son of a turd out of office. No chances will be taken. 

https://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2020/jun/10/las-vegas-long-lines-seven-hour-wait-primary-vote/

31 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This is why voting by mail is crucial if you want to actually have your voice heard. It’s ******* absurd that people have to stand in line this long. It’s done like this by design, and its so undemocratic it’s become a joke. I’m lucky to live somewhere where the wait times aren’t long, so I’ll be going in person and proudly voting this son of a turd out of office. No chances will be taken. 

https://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2020/jun/10/las-vegas-long-lines-seven-hour-wait-primary-vote/

this is why i dislike the republican party. they are consistently trying to do stuff to rob people of their right to vote. it sickens me to no end. now they are brazen about it and could care less if they screw their fellow americans. all i have ever seen the right do is cut taxes for the rich and harp against abortion. the day will come when they will have to change their platform or they will no longer be relevant. and there are several on the right that like the fact trump dodges his taxes because he is sticking it to the man.

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

this is why i dislike the republican party. they are consistently trying to do stuff to rob people of their right to vote. it sickens me to no end. now they are brazen about it and could care less if they screw their fellow americans. all i have ever seen the right do is cut taxes for the rich and harp against abortion. the day will come when they will have to change their platform or they will no longer be relevant. and there are several on the right that like the fact trump dodges his taxes because he is sticking it to the man.

The founder or The Heritage Foundation.

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yep. No problem with absentee voting. Request on time, vote/submit on time and done. 

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Obviously I can't speak to or for the Republican or any party, but I pay a person to insure I pay as little as possible in accordance to law.

3 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Obviously I can't speak to or for the Republican or any party, but I pay a person to insure I pay as little as possible in accordance to law.

$750 ??

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

$750 ??

Millions

Archived