Who do you want as head coach?

copper4eva

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/3/2020 at 4:51 PM, auburn4ever said:

The same question came up when Urban Meyer left a really good gig at Utah to become Florida's HC. Remember, UF was good, but not like that good before Urban took over.

Huh?!!!!   UF was just barely coming off of the Spurrier era.  What the hell are you talking about?

7 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Cristobal is about to lose to a 0-3 Cal team

Bruhhh let it go. Your boy is done. He is gone. He is cooooked. If not mario it will be someone else besides gus on the sidelines next season.

13 hours ago, Beaker said:

The rumblings are growing in Austin that Tom Herman  will be gone.  They have a lot of money at Texas for things like this.

I suspect Cristobal is their #1 choice.

Meyer is not going to coach again.  He loves having his name tossed out there and the fanfare, but I honestly think he left UF when he no longer had all the advantages of Tim Tebow leading his team.  He realized after,  it is hard to win championships without special players. 

I live in Austin.  Cristobal isn't on anyone's radar here.

It's Urban Meyer first and foremost.

If he doesn't come, then they may make a run at Dan Mullen.

Also, what the hell are you talking about with Urban and leaving UF?  He won a freaking national title at OSU too.  I swear, I often wonder if many people on this site actually watch football outside of the SEC.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Bruhhh let it go. Your boy is done. He is gone. He is cooooked. If not mario it will be someone else besides gus on the sidelines next season.

I’m fine if Gus is gone.  

5 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Cristobal = 

AB006F79-DD3D-4673-8607-DE0526C124E5.jpeg

Your tears will be the most delicious to savor when 4 loss Gus gets let go. I hope you go with him. This is a good year to be looking for a coach. More than just mario out there. Who do you prefer?

Matt Campbell and the 'clones served up a total demolition of West Virginia today when they had a chance to clinch a spot in the big 12 title game for the first time. When was the last time Gus obliterated an opponent in a game that truly mattered? Maybe the last time we beat Georgia? Give me Matt Campbell #1, dude knows what he's doing. 

We need to get creative and get some kind of 3 team swap involving Vandy, Alabama, and Auburn.  We send Gus to Vandy, we get Sark, and Derek Mason becomes an intern under Saban.  

1 minute ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Matt Campbell and the 'clones served up a total demolition of West Virginia today when they had a chance to clinch a spot in the big 12 title game for the first time. When was the last time Gus obliterated an opponent in a game that truly mattered? Maybe the last time we beat Georgia? Give me Matt Campbell #1, dude knows what he's doing. 

He and Luke Fickell are my top choices.  I'd take either one and be completely happy.  Both can coach their ass off.

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I’m fine if Gus is gone.  

I love to hear this! I might of been wrong about you all along!!! I apologize for all the massive sh*t talking I have done about you to others on here!!! Oops!! Muhhh bad!!! I will hold the L!! Lol 🤭🤣😂

2 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Can be walk into a kids home after Saban and Kirby and Mullen and convince that kid to come to Auburn.   He might have that ability.  That is my only question about him.  He is a heck of a coach though.  

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

He and Luke Fickell are my top choices.  I'd take either one and be completely happy.  Both can coach their ass off.

Correct. We need a great recruiting head coach first and foremost though. I think Matt campbell is the best pure coach out there in the carousel. IDK how he would do with big boy recruiting though.

Just now, casatiger said:

Can be walk into a kids home after Saban and Kirby and Mullen and convince that kid to come to Auburn.   He might have that ability.  That is my only question about him.  He is a heck of a coach though.  

That's my only question mark on him as well.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Your tears will be the most delicious to savor when 4 loss Gus gets let go. I hope you go with him. This is a good year to be looking for a coach. More than just mario out there. Who do you prefer?

You’re the one that sounds butt hurt.  Sark is looking pretty good if he’s put down the bottle.  Freeze is pretty good if he’s off the hookers.  Coastal Carolina is looking pretty sporty.  Also telling me to go is a pretty weird.  

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Correct. We need a great recruiting head coach first and foremost though. I think Matt campbell is the best pure coach out there in the carousel. IDK how he would do with big boy recruiting though.

Get the right assistants to help with that.  But I need a coach who can win.  Recruits follow winning.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Get the right assistants to help with that.  But I need a coach who can win.  Recruits follow winning.

All the best head coaches in this era are the best recruiters too. I think get assistants who are great actual coaches!!! Lol. I want a freaking stud elite recruiter on the trail who closes.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Get the right assistants to help with that. 

Really need to get that charismatic, alpha guy as HC. Great recruiting should include the assistants but we’ve seen how hard their job is with a booger-picking goofball beta as HC

27 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I live in Austin.  Cristobal isn't on anyone's radar here.

It's Urban Meyer first and foremost.

If he doesn't come, then they may make a run at Dan Mullen.

Also, what the hell are you talking about with Urban and leaving UF?  He won a freaking national title at OSU too.  I swear, I often wonder if many people on this site actually watch football outside of the SEC.

To many people, anyone outside of the SEC (sans Clemson) is automatically garbage.

Anyway, I would still gladly take Mario. Purely because he can recruit.

Oregon's recruiting rankings (247, Rivals):

Chip Kelly era, 2009-12:

30, 32

12, 13

12, 9

14, 16

Mark Helfrich era, 2013-16:

19, 22

21, 26

16, 17

27, 25

Taggart, 2017:

19, 18

Cristobal era, 2018-21:

13, 13

7, 7

11, 9

5, 3 (currently)

Just now, fredst said:

Really need to get that charismatic, alpha guy as HC. Great recruiting should include the assistants but we’ve seen how hard their job is with a booger-picking goofball beta as HC

Muhhhh freaking boy mr Fred!!! We are on the same page here hanging out and jamming to some bruuuuuuuce (springsteen) lol.

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

They do.  Saban was very mediocre in year 1 with Shula's recruits.  His first class was money well spent by the REC and all of a sudden he is elite.  Chicken or egg?  

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

To many people, anyone outside of the SEC (sans Clemson) is automatically garbage.

And those people are idiots

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

I'm not saying I don't want a great recruiter too.  But the HC's first job is winning.  Give me a guy that wins and makes players better.  Gus doesn't do that as it is now, it's not a fair comparison.

15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Don’t you know Gwill? We can only hire a coach who has never lost a game and never has any issues...

Archived