Who do you want as head coach?

copper4eva

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Muhhhh freaking boy mr Fred!!! We are on the same page here hanging out and jamming to some bruuuuuuuce (springsteen) lol.

Love Springsteen (although not his politics, lol). Just finished his autobiography- very interesting read, especially up through the “Born in the USA” years....

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, fredst said:

Love Springsteen (although not his politics, lol). Just finished his autobiography- very interesting read, especially up through the “Born in the USA” years....

Ohhhh no. He's not a scientologist is he?!? Lol. Oh wait that's not political. Don't mind muhhhh!!! Haha. I wonder who springsteen would want us to hire?!

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Ohhhh no. He's not a scientologist is he?!? Lol. Oh wait that's not political. Don't mind muhhhh!!! Haha. I wonder who springsteen would want us to hire?!

Well, I just wish we could get back to some ummm...Glory Days...

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

A quote from his book: “I hate booger-picking betas....”. So, I think he’s probably just ready to see us get rid of Gus....

2 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Well, I just wish we could get back to some ummm...Glory Days...

Hahahaha love it 94!!! LFG bay baaaay!!!! Woooooo

Just now, fredst said:

A quote from his book: “I hate booger-picking betas....”. So, I think he’s probably just ready to see us get rid of Gus....

And I didn't think I could love the bauuuuce any more than I did...

21 minutes ago, casatiger said:

Can be walk into a kids home after Saban and Kirby and Mullen and convince that kid to come to Auburn.   He might have that ability.  That is my only question about him.  He is a heck of a coach though.  

That is correct.  In the SEC he has got to play defense.  Iowa state is currently 29th in total D and playing a pretty weak schedule.

Whats that say about Billy Napier? He beat ISU 31-14 and his only defeat this year was a 27-30 loss to Coastal Carolina. And he knows the Bama recruiting system. 

50 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Matt Campbell and the 'clones served up a total demolition of West Virginia today when they had a chance to clinch a spot in the big 12 title game for the first time. When was the last time Gus obliterated an opponent in a game that truly mattered? Maybe the last time we beat Georgia? Give me Matt Campbell #1, dude knows what he's doing. 

1 minute ago, AUBourne said:

Whats that say about Billy Napier? He beat ISU 31-14 and his only defeat this year was a 27-30 loss to Coastal Carolina. And he knows the Bama recruiting system. 

I like both coaches but I give Campbell the nod right now because he's doing what he's doing in a P5 league and Iowa State is one of the five worst programs historically in big league college football. I think Billy Napier is going to have a P5 gig by the end of next year at the latest. I would be happy if we hired him if Campbell or Fickell proved too expensive. 

On 12/1/2020 at 9:03 PM, Sani-Freeze said:

I would almost say Tom Allen at Indiana. He's not really a good fit here because he doesn't run the ball, but I just like the fact that his teams consistently overachieve relative to the talent they have. They are constantly in close games with teams that have easily twice the talent. He just took a bunch of 3-stars and took OSU to the wire. He manages to coach up QBs and run his system even with 3-star linemen. I'd like to see what he could do at a football school. 

Allen just beat #16 Wisc without his starting QB... His guys would run through a wall for him. I know it won't happen at AU, but this guy is a great coach. 

46 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

Have you watched anything outside of those games?

Louisiana has struggled a lot this year and have been fortunate on more than a few occasions.

1) Needed a 50+ yard field goal to beat Georgia Southern at the buzzer.

2) Needed OT to beat Georgia State after falling behind 2 scores.

3) Barely got by a decent but not great App State team this week, despite making a coaching decision in the final minutes that would make Auburn High School's coach blush.  Dude took an intentional safety, while only up 5, with about 1:40 on the clock.  Gave App State a perfect opportunity to make a FG to send it to OT.  He got lucky the kicker pulled it.

And remember, that game he lost to Coastal, Louisiana was a 9 pt favorite at home.

Napier has potential, but there's a lot to be desired based on what I've seen.  He reeks of Tom Herman to me.

Urban or Mario Cristobal as head coach. Offensive coordinator Tom Herman. Muschamp as DC. 

Not Freeze. He's too close to Gus Meister, that chode. No high school coaches or anything to do with Arkansas St!!! Please. 

3 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Urban or Mario Cristobal as head coach. Offensive coordinator Tom Herman. Muschamp as DC. 

Not Freeze. He's too close to Gus Meister, that chode. No high school coaches or anything to do with Arkansas St!!! Please. 

What are you talking about ? Hugh freeze resume is nothing like Gus’s . People just typing anything tonight. 

Mario has some glaring losses. But if he could pull the coach O thing at a high level. Such as recruit really good and hiring great coordinators. We might have something..

I'm telling you, somebody is going to make Sark a head coach this year, and it would be wise on our part that it be AU*

* after seriously precise contract wording,of course

Bama's assistants get a lot of credit for coaching the best players in college football. A lot of coaches could do very well in that situation. That being said recruiting is the key to success and Auburn hasn't been doing well in that area lately.

Whoever comes in has to be an ace recruiter as do his assistants. Able to got toe to toe with the best. 

On 12/5/2020 at 8:04 AM, Beaker said:

Meyer is not going to coach again.  He loves having his name tossed out there and the fanfare, but I honestly think he left UF when he no longer had all the advantages of Tim Tebow leading his team.  He realized after,  it is hard to win championships without special players. 

While I don't disagree about him loving the fanfare, UM was still rolling steady at tOSU when he retired. I do not think he would struggle one bit to produce championship caliber teams.

1 hour ago, Aucater said:

Bama's assistants get a lot of credit for coaching the best players in college football. A lot of coaches could do very well in that situation. That being said recruiting is the key to success and Auburn hasn't been doing well in that area lately.

Whoever comes in has to be an ace recruiter as do his assistants. Able to got toe to toe with the best. 

Sark as been a HC at two high profile schools, UW and USC, plus an OC for an NFL team. The danger with Sark is the obvious one. It will always be a danger and a contract that gives AU an out if he has problems again would an absolute must. The man can frickin' coach

Posted earlier on another topic “Fire Gus”.

Like you I haven’t posted on this site for various reasons. Being a retired HS coach and principal plus two Auburn degrees I love Auburn not just Auburn Football! Secondlyfollow and coach “The Auburn Creed”!

I was never comfortable with Gus being hired as a proven head college coach. He lacked the time tested experience onthe collegiate level in learning all aspects of this profession.  High school coaches are not recruiters to level of assessing prospects and extensive player development! Itrequires years of learning and endless coaching clinics! Talent level has drastically dropped and with this season’s ten game schedule it shedded light on the program’s true weaknesses. These are just two aspects lacking with his coaching background. Small private high school ball is where he belongs or small school coordinator.

Why is Coach Nick Saban successful? Research his past and his philosophy to always seek in improving daily and engaging others whom are proven individuals with success and leadership!

My heart hurts for these wonderful athletes sacrificing their God given talents hoping to experience success and gain strong player development towards the next level of ball playing in the pros.

Archived