Auburn Record Broken

Zeek

I really thought he was going to fold last night in the 4th quarter when he started missing passes. OC did a great job of calling plays that he could have success on those last 2 drives.

it looks like he struggles to get the ball downfield. I know he made some big throws last night, but it just doesn't look easy for him.  the announcers kinda danced around it about him throwing short all the time. his arm strength looks lacking. that and his suspect footwork 

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

I really thought he was going to fold last night in the 4th quarter when he started missing passes. OC did a great job of calling plays that he could have success on those last 2 drives.

Started out the game going 10-10 too. Playing to his strengths well. Problem is 18 of his passes went to undrafted receivers.

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

That last past that put them in field goal range was a little off, too. But it ended up being essentially the game winning play. Could end up being a season saver. I'm hoping that flips a switch in his head, kind of like a shooter in basketball breaking a slump at the free throw line. 

He misses that pass, he's probably broken for the rest of the season and maybe beyond. 

1 hour ago, EastAl_Tiger said:

it looks like he struggles to get the ball downfield. I know he made some big throws last night, but it just doesn't look easy for him.  the announcers kinda danced around it about him throwing short all the time. his arm strength looks lacking. that and his suspect footwork 

Looks like his throwing motion is way off...like when your hand gets too far on top of the ball when trying to throw a line drive and the ball comes out with the nose pointing down.  He’s lucky that last one didn’t skip/hop it’s way to the receiver.

26 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That last past that put them in field goal range was a little off, too. But it ended up being essentially the game winning play. Could end up being a season saver. I'm hoping that flips a switch in his head, kind of like a shooter in basketball breaking a slump at the free throw line. 

He misses that pass, he's probably broken for the rest of the season and maybe beyond. 

I don’t watch a ton of NFL, but it was crazy looking at the team’s demeanor in game 1 compared to the 4th quarter last night. All the Patriots looked passionless, unhappy, and tired.  I think they feed off Cam, and his body language looked beaten.  Happy he was able to fight through that.

Just now, AUDevil said:

I don’t watch a ton of NFL, but it was crazy looking at the team’s demeanor in game 1 compared to the 4th quarter last night. All the Patriots looked passionless, unhappy, and tired.  I think they feed off Cam, and his body language looked beaten.  Happy he was able to fight through that.

They're just dealing with so much crap, namely that they're playing almost all backups and young guys at the skill positions. Missing a lot on defense, too. Just no real reason for a lot of confidence, very little veteran leadership. (The NFL mainly seems to be a war of attrition this year.) Rex Burkhead was probably the player of the game on offense, lol, unless it was Meyers. Just have to hope it was a get right game. The Jets are bad but it was a win on the road in the NFL. Five losses and three of them easily could've been wins with better execution at the end. Last night they finally finished the drill. Positives to take from it for sure. 

Wow, I knew Davis had an effective NFL career but didn't know he had 65 TDs! But re Cam, yes - Earl Campbell Syndrome: the main weapon takes the most hits and you can only take so many hits.

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

Cam is great. He is just old. Time catches up to us all. 

Scary thing is, he's 12 years younger than his predecessor. Of course, he hasn't been preserved while standing perfectly still for his whole career. Brady in New England was like the David in the Galleria dell'Academia. Cam has had more in common with the Blues Brothers' Crown Vic.  

On 11/10/2020 at 10:21 AM, McLoofus said:

Scary thing is, he's 12 years younger than his predecessor. Of course, he hasn't been preserved while standing perfectly still for his whole career. Brady in New England was like the David in the Galleria dell'Academia. Cam has had more in common with the Blues Brothers' Crown Vic.  

I recall Jake and Elwood drove a Dodge, but the analogy is great! ;)

Archived