A bright spot: Mark Antony Richards

TexasTiger

39 minutes ago, fredst said:

Only took until the final minutes of a blowout loss at the end of the year to see him get some snaps

Been learning that complex offense all year.

16 hours ago, fredst said:

Only took until the final minutes of a blowout loss at the end of the year to see him get some snaps

Another example of poor roster management? 

Good size, just doesn't seem to have the quickness of the other backs in my opinion. But did run hard after contact.

1 hour ago, keesler said:

Another example of poor roster management? 

Maybe. That’s one position where we do seem to have quality depth. And, the way the season has gone we have been in tight games almost every week so some guy’s reps have been limited. The times I have seen him he’s looked good enough to be given consideration though.

1 hour ago, creed said:

Good size, just doesn't seem to have the quickness of the other backs in my opinion. But did run hard after contact.

I thought he looked quite explosive on a couple of runs. Quicker than DJ (malik 2.0) . No offense to DJ I like him, but I think MAR looked better in just the few carries he got.

1 hour ago, creed said:

Looked pretty quick to me. Now that he's pretty well healed up from those unfortunate injuries earlier in his time as a Tiger, I think the question is whether or not he's one of those players that's a "gamer" but not a great practice player? Heck if I know. But I think I'd be finding him some more carries in games to see...

13 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Looked pretty quick to me. Now that he's pretty well healed up from those unfortunate injuries earlier in his time as a Tiger, I think the question is whether or not he's one of those players that's a "gamer" but not a great practice player? Heck if I know. But I think I'd be finding him some more carries in games to see...

Hopefully he gets plenty of carries Saturday morning.  Frankly, he looked better than one of the guys in front of him on the depth chart and Chad should feed him vs aTm.

41 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I thought he looked quite explosive on a couple of runs. Quicker than DJ (malik 2.0) . No offense to DJ I like him, but I think MAR looked better in just the few carries he got.

I won't hesitate to say that MAR is a better *ball carrier* than DJ. How he compares to DJ or any other back as a total RB, who knows. 

When MAR got PT earlier in the year, he did not look good at all. Maybe he was still healing? 

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I won't hesitate to say that MAR is a better *ball carrier* than DJ. How he compares to DJ or any other back as a total RB, who knows. 

This. 

There’s more to playing running back in college than just running the football. You have to be able to block, catch, run routes, etc. Otherwise you are a wasted player on passing plays. He likely hasn’t seen more time because he’s not as good at the other stuff. 

A reminder... For the last several years, everyone has been mad about Shivers not seeing as much, and now everyone is mad because he’s seeing too much. To those upset with MAR’s playing time, I suggest you think about that.

Archived