Some Black and Latino Americans remain hesitant to take a Covid-19 vaccine

Auburn85

I'm not anti-vaccine, but as I've said elsewhere, I am not an early adopter. Who was nominally PotUS at the time of development matters not one iota to me. 

I'm probably not at the front of the line to be offered, anyway (not old or high-risk, relatively speaking) so it's kind of moot. I'm more than happy to cede any "spot in line" that I might theoretically have to someone else who might want or need it more.

As a follow-up, given some of our history with medical "research" in the U.S. re: minorities (Tuskegee airmen syphilis study being one of the more unconscionable exhibits of this), I understand the hesitancy on their end.

On 12/16/2020 at 9:52 AM, SLAG-91 said:

(Tuskegee airmen syphilis study being one of the more unconscionable exhibits of this), I understand the hesitancy on their end.

The Tuskegee Airmen had nothing to do with the syphilis study. Those are two entirely unrelated subjects.

One unconscionable part of the syphilis study is Tuskegee University's complicity in the project. They knew or certainly should have known the details, yet continued to provide facilities and support because the feds were doling out some money. I personally knew two men who were in this study, indeed had one over to my house for dinner and later he returned the hospitality.

If you are interested in learning more about this tragedy, here's the book for you: https://www.amazon.com/Bad-Blood-Tuskegee-Syphilis-Experiment/dp/002916690X

Archived