There's no way bama, UGA, Florida, or LSU would put up with seven straight years of 4 or more losses

TitanTiger

And neither should we.  If our decision makers have any killer instinct - any real desire for Auburn to be a championship level program, they wouldn't either.  And straining to win a game against a hapless MSU team last night shouldn't make any difference.

9 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

And neither should we.  If our decision makers have any killer instinct - any real desire for Auburn to be a championship level program, they wouldn't either.  And straining to win a game against a hapless MSU team last night shouldn't make any difference.

Well Gus Malzahn thought it would be necessary to put on his dancing shoes after the win to get barely over .500

Seems like he is dancing to the bank and not sweating at all about the future. I wish the leaders would see this. Dude is acting like you hat employee who put their two weeks notice in. No effs given.

Sadly Titan, I think that is what is about to happen. The virus has given him a mulligan this year and with a more experienced team next year he may even survive again unless he finally decides he is in over his head and negotiates a settlement of his insane contract.  And I don’t think it is in his nature to just give it up.  He still thinks he is going to come up with some trick nobody ever thought of to make his team successful and that ain’t the way it works.  

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Well Gus Malzahn thought it would be necessary to put on his dancing shoes after the win to get barely over .500

Seems like he is dancing to the bank and not sweating at all about the future. I wish the leaders would see this. Dude is acting like you hat employee who put their two weeks notice in. No effs given.

Either that, or he's acting like someone who knows that's the last chance he'll get to celebrate with this team. 🤷

Hey guys, Gus told us it was ok to lose 4 games a year...."solid season" boys....solid season.   Get with the program.  $7m a year just doesn't buy what it used to.

I was driving thru beautiful South Texas yesterday around lunchtime listening to ESPN radio on the way home.  Beautify clear skies, crisp air; "great day to be alive" (thank you Travis Tritt)...They were interviewing Saban.  I wanted to feel bad apparently, so I listened to the Saban interview.  He was asked ..."what are you guys playing for against Arky" .  Saban's answer "we have the chance to be the only team in history to win 10 SEC games in a season ... we don't care who we are playing, we play to our standard".   

4 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Hey guys, Gus told us it was ok to lose 4 games a year...."solid season" boys....solid season.   Get with the program.  $7m a year just doesn't buy what it used to.

I was driving thru beautiful South Texas yesterday around lunchtime listening to ESPN radio on the way home.  Beautify clear skies, crisp air; "great day to be alive" (thank you Travis Tritt)...They were interviewing Saban.  I wanted to feel bad apparently, so I listened to the Saban interview.  He was asked ..."what are you guys playing for against Arky" .  Saban's answer "we have the chance to be the only team in history to win 10 SEC games in a season ... we don't care who we are playing, we play to our standard".   

Meanwhile Gus is dancing a jig after squeaking by Mittittippi Tate.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

But we are AU and we have an AD and BOT that are total losers and ignorant on top of that . We need to just fire or replace the whole dang bunch. 

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

But we are AU and we have an AD and BOT that are total losers and ignorant on top of that . We need to just fire or replace the whole dang bunch. 

Some people on here just don’t get it.    This AD didn’t hire this guy.   He is not going to fire him if the money 💰 don’t come to the table and say here is money.    Auburn University Athletic Department doesn’t have the money.    

As far as the BOT, anyone that signed the last extension should be fired for failure to put the University’s best interest first.   They have put the entire Athletic Department in harms way.   

39 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Some people on here just don’t get it.    This AD didn’t hire this guy.   He is not going to fire him if the money 💰 don’t come to the table and say here is money.    Auburn University Athletic Department doesn’t have the money.    

As far as the BOT, anyone that signed the last extension should be fired for failure to put the University’s best interest first.   They have put the entire Athletic Department in harms way.   

The money is there. The balls to act is what’s in question. 

22 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

The money is there. The balls to act is what’s in question. 

Please tell me you have first hand knowledge that the money is there?  That you have spoken to the one or ones who are footing the bill.    If not, it’s only speculation on your part that money is not the issue.   Again, the “Athletic Department “ does not have the money to buy out and pay incoming coaches and keep the other sports running.   

The bar has to be set higher than dancing about wins over the hapless team from Starkvegas.. We need a championship head coach in the mold of Pat Dye and Ralph "Shug" Jordan. Goodbye Gustavo!

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

Please tell me you have first hand knowledge that the money is there?  That you have spoken to the one or ones who are footing the bill.    If not, it’s only speculation on your part that money is not the issue.   Again, the “Athletic Department “ does not have the money to buy out and pay incoming coaches and keep the other sports running.   

I don’t have to tell you anything in terms of how I know. The money is there. Believe whatever you want. No skin off my nose. 

12 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

yf.PNG

This is exactly what I was saying.   If this guy is not on board or willing to pay, then it’s not happening.   And he is not the Athletic Department.  Greene is not doing anything without the green light from the money 💰.   I said it earlier and I will say again, as the AD, he is not making the decision arbitrarily.    

If Gus is still here, a large chunk of the fanbase will be checking out. When fans like my buddy,who lives in Mississippi, calls me to tell me "I can't watch any more of this mess" and turns over to LSU/UF, things are getting bad

4 hours ago, aubaseball said:

As I said...

Yes.   And we both can be right.   The money is there because the one putting up the money said to do it.   Either way, I couldn’t be more happy. Thought from day one it was the wrong hire no matter the 2013 season.    It the long run, Gus wasn’t the coach that would maintain a dominant team or a team that was capable of competing for championships year in and year out

Archived