Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

1 minute ago, TigerTaz said:

So what do you think Saban’s average losses were prior to bammer? He actually was pretty average at Michigan State and just gradually got better. 

i am just not sold on sark but if we hire him i will support him like all the other coaches we have hired over the years. but remember he lost some of those game as southern cal which i assume always has good talent. napier is my guy. the clemson guy and clark i could get behind a lot easier.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, PoetTiger said:

Give me Elliott...he has seen the inner workings of a successful program from top to bottom. Recruiting, coaching, management, etc. Solid offensively and had paid his dues..

he would not upset me pt. i just think that the things napier and clark have done with less talent they would excel at auburn. i am trusting auburn to make the right decision even tho it makes me a little nervous.

17 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

Twitter buzzing with Tennessee giving out improper benefits 

What would opening there change for Auburn search?

Maybe it would help these idiots get off their a$$ and finalize something.  

28 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

Twitter buzzing with Tennessee giving out improper benefits 

What would opening there change for Auburn search?

Shocking. Hard to believe Pruitt would do anything like that 😂

45 minutes ago, USATiger said:

I stand by my statement of Auburn committee being morons.  Having a huge game today, Auburn should've waited until after the conference champ game to announce Elliott and Venables as interviewee's, if they are serious candidates.  A denial from those guys was expected and now makes Auburn look bad.  Absolutely no reason to put that list out yesterday, waiting a day would've been respectful to them, and not drawn a denial.  The lists means crap to the committee, it's a bad game of smoke and mirrors.  Freakin' clown show

Doubt the committee made the announcement 

3 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Shocking. Hard to believe Pruitt would do anything like that 😂

TJ Yeldon's family just released a statement that Pruitt would never do anything like that.  

1 minute ago, Tony4AU said:

So PTB released it? Search firm certainly didn’t 

It’s possible, just like with baseball trade rumors the misinformation is purposely put out there and majority of the time there’s no truth to any of it just speculation 

3 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

It’s possible, just like with baseball trade rumors the misinformation is purposely put out there and majority of the time there’s no truth to any of it just speculation 

So crazy!

Just a thought:  why does Pat Fitzgerald never come up as a candidate for big time openings?  I think the guy is a great coach/motivator.  No one thought this Big Ten game would be close and they are up 10-6 nearing halftime.

2 hours ago, Tony4AU said:

Alabama - Saban well everyone should know his background

Auburn - TBD

Arkansas - Pittman career assistant no coordinator experience 

Florida - Dan Mullen nine years at Miss St as HC

Georgia - Kirby Power 5 DC

Kentucky - Mark Stoops nine years as Power 5 DC

LSU - Ed three years at Ole Miss then DC at Power 5 schools 

Ole Miss - Lane Power 5 HC then FAU

Miss St - Pirate Power 5 HC

Missouri - Drinkwitz one year Group 5 HC

South Carolina - Shane Beamer Power 5 assistant coach no coordinator experience 

Tennessee - Pruitt Power 5 DC experience

TAMU - Jimbo Power 5 HC

Vandy - Clark Lea Power 5 DC experience 

this is what  bothers me if we promote from within.  Or go the "he has  potential" route.

5 minutes ago, WarEagle1982 said:

Just a thought:  why does Pat Fitzgerald never come up as a candidate for big time openings?  I think the guy is a great coach/motivator.  No one thought this Big Ten game would be close and they are up 10-6 nearing halftime.

He’s shunned many opportunities elsewhere over the years and seems to want to stay in Chicago at NW.

4 minutes ago, dilligas said:

He’s shunned many opportunities elsewhere over the years and seems to want to stay in Chicago at NW.

I would still give that guy a call and see if there is any interest 

11 minutes ago, WarEagle1982 said:

Loyal to Northwestern.  His alma mater. 

What we're starting to find out is, virtually every media outlet is printing baseless rumors as fact in Auburn's coaching search and they're using each other as "sources" (just like in the Cam non-story). Worse, theyre dumping on Auburn when the rumors don't pan out. 

I have to wonder, why is it that not a single other school is showing an interest in Steele? Not even Group 5 schools are interested! A top-15 program like Auburn is not where we see if the guy has learned how to coach since his first gig 20 years ago. Let him go try his hand with the flies in the ointment, then we can take a chance. But wait... Even the flies in the ointment haven't hinted the slightest bit of interest.... Yet somehow he's our front runner 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

3 hours ago, meh130 said:

This is the most important 30 minutes in the last 7 days.

Every Auburn fan needs to listen to this.

4 hours ago, aubearcat said:

This is mind blowing.

3 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

I have to wonder, why is it that not a single other school is showing an interest in Steele? Not even Group 5 schools are interested! A top-15 program like Auburn is not where we see if the guy has learned how to coach since his first gig 20 years ago. Let him go try his hand with the flies in the ointment, then we can take a chance. But wait... Even the flies in the ointment have hinted the slightest bit of interest.... Yet somehow he's our front runner 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

Another of your post’s I completely agree with. Mentioned this in my letter to the BOT that wasn’t considered, that I don’t recall anyone ever trying to steal Steele from us. I’ll give Steele credit for some good defenses, but I never feared him leaving to go somewhere else. Even Chizik and Muschamp were lured other places, and I don’t want either of them back either. 

5 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

What we're starting to find out is, virtually every media outlet is printing baseless rumors as fact in Auburn's coaching search and they're using each other as "sources" (just like in the Cam non-story). Worse, theyre dumping on Auburn when the rumors don't pan out. 

Yes. This. Pat Forde’s recent article didn’t even reference ‘sources’. His verbiage was “comments that have been made.” The comments were likely made by some random putz on Facebook. 

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Yes. This. Pat Forde’s recent article didn’t even reference ‘sources’. His verbiage was “comments that have been made.” The comments were likely made by some random putz on Facebook. 

Random Putz is the name of my Billy Squier cover band.

Archived