Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Lane Kiffin.  But it is not happening. 

Doesn't want the guy who won the PAC12 title a year ago. Wants the guy who couldn't win the PAC10 title at USC - a better program in the conference.

You can't make this s*** up anymore.

35 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

From the TwitterSphere, sounds like he's following ALOT of Auburn players and recruiting prospects. This ain't postering for the transfer market, folks.

He follows TONS of recruits. He’s a recruiter! Come on guys this is getting silly. (Says the person scrolling a football coach’s twitter follows in the middle of a work day.) 😂

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

I mean a lot of people were high on caddy. Twill had his issues and garner probably ready to retire. Was just curious if there might be mutual interest for caddy considering how high he is thought of by people

I totally agree with you. Just offering up results. Hard to argue with his. I was skeptical of the hire just because he didn't have experience, but he got the best RB out there and the kid is surpassing expectations year 1. I don't think that's happened since Dyer in 2010, and even he was able to flex in a dynamic, multi-faceted offense. Tank put this team on his damn back. Oh dear, I'm getting emotional. 

1 minute ago, Dunndone414 said:

He follows TONS of recruits. He’s a recruiter! Come on guys this is getting silly. (Says the person scrolling a football coach’s twitter follows in the middle of a work day.) 😂

He’s following current players, which he doesn’t follow many of. Not to mention. He’s following a guy who’s about to be a 13th year senior in Eli stove 😂

1 minute ago, Dunndone414 said:

NSD is like a week away. It wouldn't make much sense for him to start following Auburn recruits now. Never mind current players.

It's a valiant attempt at being above it all but I'm afraid you didn't quite get there. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I totally agree with you. Just offering up results. Hard to argue with his. I was skeptical of the hire just because he didn't have experience, but he got the best RB out there and the kid is surpassing expectations year 1. I don't think that's happened since Dyer in 2010, and even he was able to flex in a dynamic, multi-faceted offense. Tank put this team on his damn back. Oh dear, I'm getting emotional. 

Amen brother, out of reactions!

2 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

There’s no reason for him to follow half the current football team if he’s not seriously interested in the job. Like I said before I can understand an 18-year-old recruit doing that but not a head coach.

At this point non of the names really excite me, but because of "The Gus Phenomenon" my interest in all things football the past few years has diminished drastically. So I have no real clue of these coaches except for maybe Freeze or Bryles. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

NSD is like a week away. It wouldn't make much sense for him to start following Auburn recruits now. Never mind current players.

It's a valiant attempt at being above it all but I'm afraid you didn't quite get there. 

For what it’s worth signing day is in a day and a half now.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

There’s no reason for him to follow half the current football team if he’s not seriously interested in the job. Like I said before I can understand an 18-year-old recruit doing that but not a head coach.

Amen to this.

For my man @GwillMac6:

This thread has it all just like you wanted out of a coaching search thread: endless ridiculous speculation about HC candidates and their potential staff, Twitter rumors, trolling, swearing at each other, etc.  And, even an excellent side bar about the merits of small versus full sized chocolate candies! This thread thread is becoming more epic by the hour!!! WWWWWOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! LFG!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, TheDanoC said:

Looks like all the potential candidates, except Steele, are an upgrade. 

I love Steele but that would be the JABA way and I believe I would have to take a break 

39 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Fair enough. 

Always makes me wonder who it is that is compelled to just make stuff up. Unless people close to the situation really do throw up smoke screens to send the Marcellos of the world chasing false leads.

I don't think it is necessarily people making stuff up. Its like the game telephone. The story just gets changed as it gets passed on. I'll use a fake coach named Ardbeg as an example. Someone who knows coach Ardbeg personally hears from him directly that Auburn has reached out about him potentially getting hired. That true insider tells a friend, who interprets it to mean Ardbeg is interested, which is not really what he actually said. That gets put up on a message board somewhere where some fool assumes more is happening than really is. They'll twist what they saw on the board somehow into there's a deal on the table and discussions are happening, which gets posted to social media by someone who reads into it too much with the twist that it is a done deal. Now, imagine that happening hundreds of times with every coach that is in consideration. 

We are all hanging on to rumors here, and the truth is we won't know anything until the university makes a formal announcement. 

Archived