Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

I feel ya on that, but caddy is one that a lot of people have been very high on, bird too. So I was curious.  Just thought that he might be one that MC might see value in.

I get the sentiments but I just think we need new, fresh minds and blood.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

@bigbird with what you’re hearing about the  potential staff, any opinion on what happens to caddy? I know he’s one we were all hoping to retain.

To soon to say, but might not have a spot

6 minutes ago, AUwent said:

One of those is not like the other.

Agree, but he won a title and had perhaps the most dominant team in NCAA history. I wouldn't choose him, but...

8 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

If what Jboy said was true about what the ncaa would do, that’s a pretty bold move by Tennessee 

Naw, NCAA will leave them alone.  Their chubber is for us.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

To soon to say, but might not have a spot

Gotcha. As @DAG said, new blood is what’s needed. And out of the guys on staff he was probably the only position coach I was curious about. Given everything already said about the others.

1 minute ago, Butthead said:

Does Freeze have the inside track on Arch?  Is that why UTk would pull the trigger so quickly?

He has the inside track because he's following Cristobal's Twitter

12 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Dell McGee? How would Cristobal know anything about Dell down here? This just adds to the dream sequence going on here... :)

@steeleagle Remember Mario was an assistant at Bama for a while. They probably went head to head on some big-time recruiting matchup’s in that time.

1 hour ago, caleb1633 said:

Are any of the other candidates following Auburn players?

It would be a great Kiffin moment if he followed the entire roster. He is the ultimate trolling coach on Twitter. 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Gotcha. As @DAG said, new blood is always good. And out of the guys on staff he was probably the only position coach I was curious about. Given everything already said about the others.

Hard to look at Tank- the fact that we even have him, and how well he's played this season- and not want to keep the guy who made it happen around. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

Hard to look at Tank- the fact that we even have him, and how well he's played this season- and not want to keep the guy who made it happen around. 

I mean a lot of people were high on caddy. Twill had his issues and garner probably ready to retire. Was just curious if there might be mutual interest for caddy considering how high he is thought of by people

37 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Not my place to 

Do you like the OC choice? 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

While I have also wanted to clean the house, I would be very sad to lose Cadillac. 

12 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I still believe in Santa. Wonder if new coach will keep Garner, Carnell and T-Will or any other coach who's on the staff now.

I do not want any current coach retained personally, we need a complete house cleaning. 

9 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

It was sarcasm lol but I do think he deserves a ton of credit for not letting the KS hire happen. If we indeed do get MC 

Sorry for Sheldon-Ing

2 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Could be nothing as he’s a Basketball reporter, but what does he have to gain by being wrong? 

6 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Agree, but he won a title and had perhaps the most dominant team in NCAA history. I wouldn't choose him, but...

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

Archived