Just Say No to Steele

ellitor

There's a No Steele campaign going on from other AU sites where fans are flooding emails to Gogue titled No Steele. I thought it would be cool if we helped out. Obviously convey your thoughts in a professional manner. An Insider on the bunker is saying the campaign is working. Gogue's email is gjg0002@auburn.edu

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, UncleOwde said:

Y'all cray.  It'll be whoever it is.  We are not in control here.  

Yeah. I'm sure people though that before the Vols fans' revolt cost Greg Schiano the Vols HC job a couple years ago. It definitely can have an impact.

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yeah. I'm sure people though that before the Vols fans' revolt cost Greg Schiano the Vols HC job a couple years ago. It definitely can have an impact.

Pruitt is looking swell.

It would a great prank to post your buddies email to a football forum and say it’s Dr. Gogue’s.  Now they are getting inundated by a bunch of over zealous message board dorks about not hiring Kevin Steele.

I imagine it could be the biggest alumni / fan base revolt college sports has ever seen. No family has ever been as primed to resist a hire as Auburn is in December 2020. 

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

Is this for real? I thought we had MC lined up. 

I just thought he would be our coach O fallback plan. 

I’m just busting balls. However, what if he’s the guy? We can’t put our heads in the sand!

3 hours ago, UncleOwde said:

You don't believe peaceful protesting works?

1 hour ago, Bo Didley said:

If he’s hired are we going to start a new campaign? #getbehindthesteelecurtain

C5BAD111-DA80-4FF9-B4A2-77451B4C208E.jpeg

I’m going to focus on basketball if this is where the geniuses in charge lead us.

13 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

You don't believe peaceful protesting works?

Sending an email is better than trashing a man on social media. The guy deserves something really for the efforts he put into this program. Send all the emails you want but the #stopsteele is a trashy means to what? I’m venting not directed at you. 

Just now, TexasTiger said:

I’m going to focus on basketball if this is where the geniuses in charge lead us.

To each it’s own. I just ask the question because it’s in the cards whether we all like it or not. I may not agree with the decision but I will support him if he’s the choice.

Do we honestly think the stadium will be empty after the pandemic ends with  whomever is coaching? 

Fans are unlikely to be fully supportive of whoever is chosen.  Kevin Steele is a good man and a good coach.  He has done wonders for our defense.  I don’t get the protest.  If he is chosen we should support him and give him a chance.  

1 minute ago, weagl1 said:

Fans are unlikely to be fully supportive of whoever is chosen.  Kevin Steele is a good man and a good coach.  He has done wonders for our defense.  I don’t get the protest.  If he is chosen we should support him and give him a chance.  

Sure, he's also near retirement and would be nearly a sure sign that we'd continue bringing the same product to the field that we have for the last near decade. Many could and would find other ways to spend Saturdays and we'll end up replacing him within a couple of seasons anyway. It's just a waste of time and another sign we have a completely good ol' boy run AD. 

4 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

The defense was decent with NFL talent up front. Did you watch any of it this season? Steele isn’t a proven winner and damnit we need a great recruiter!!!! 

34 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

The defense was decent with NFL talent up front. Did you watch any of it this season? Steele isn’t a proven winner and damnit we need a great recruiter!!!! 

Don’t get me wrong I hope we get a good offensive minded head coach but I also don’t want to see people attacking Steele.  He has been a good defensive coordinator for us and I certainly hope whoever is hired keeps the defensive staff in place.  The defense was not as good this year as they have been but not a whole lot of teams could lose players like Brown, Davidson, Britt, Wooten and Miller and not have some fall off.  We have some good looking young players on defense that are going to be better next year as long as the coaching staff is left alone.  One of my fears is that if we get a new head coach who wants to come in and clean house it is going to be a huge expense getting rid of our defensive staff when they have not been the problem and it is very doubtful we are going to find coaches who are better than the ones we have now.  

I wonder if a fear of a potential organized protest that would bring some unwanted publicity to the power brokers would make any difference? Not that a protest would actually happen, but a threat of it. After what happened at UT, it might...Maybe not?....I think that it might

6 hours ago, Bo Didley said:

To each it’s own. I just ask the question because it’s in the cards whether we all like it or not. I may not agree with the decision but I will support him if he’s the choice.

Do we honestly think the stadium will be empty after the pandemic ends with  whomever is coaching? 

If it somehow works I’ll be thrilled and happily admit they saw something I missed. I’m just not gonna let myself get excited and hopeful it will work much better than it has under Gus.

I will support whoever is AU's next head coach. I just hope it's Cristobal, Napier, Freeze or some other person that makes sense. It makes no sense to pay out $21 million to promote from within. We'd have been better off keeping Gus and the money.

8 hours ago, Bo Didley said:

If he’s hired are we going to start a new campaign? #getbehindthesteelecurtain

C5BAD111-DA80-4FF9-B4A2-77451B4C208E.jpeg

I think it will be: “We decided to give up, Auburn fast”

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I will support whoever is AU's next head coach. I just hope it's Cristobal, Napier, Freeze or some other person that makes sense. It makes no sense to pay out $21 million to promote from within. We'd have been better off keeping Gus and the money.

As if 2020 wasn’t already a bizarre year, I find my self agreeing with Mikey pretty frequently past few days. #embracethemadness 😛

9 hours ago, UncleOwde said:

Thanks for the comments Mr. Harbert

Archived