Well.

WarDamnEagleWDE

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

For all those crying about not getting Cristobal - you realize the coach we just fired BEAT him RECENTLY, yes?

Yes. I never wanted him. I still think Sark could recruit and make us a juggernaut, but morons on parade will never see that. 

8-9 win Sark, a guy who has been middling every step of his career, except the current job he has, which has produced the most overvalued commodities on the coaching market for many recent participants, gonna make us a JUGGERNAUT! 

JUGGERNAUT! 

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Gus beat Saban recently too 

Muschamp beat Gus very recently and was still fired

This Transitive Property of Coaching nonsense is not productive.  

10 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Muschamp beat Gus very recently and was still fired

This Transitive Property of Coaching nonsense is not productive.  

But I like to think that Muschamp is better than Saban

3 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

But I like to think that Muschamp is better than Saban

You're almost there.  All that's left is to believe Steele > Muschamp.  

2 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

For all those crying about not getting Cristobal - you realize the coach we just fired BEAT him RECENTLY, yes?

So we should hire Muschamp?

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Let's try to hire Hugh Freeze. If for nothing else, he did beat Saban in back to back years.

I'd rather have Sark and then Kiffin over Freeze. But I think I'm starting to lean towards Napier and then Elliot as my 1 and 2, Sark and Kiffin 3 and 4. 

My reasoning for the top 2 is that this search has become such a dumpster fire (as is tradition) that we might as well try a different approach and give a young hungry coach the chance to build his legacy, like Dabo at Clemson. 

3 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Coach we fired also beat Saban occassionally, in fact that same year he did. Who would you say is the better coach of the two? Is it even close?

I want to believe so bad that this is all just a smoke screen until we are finally able to announce our hire after this weekend’s games. But I know I’m going to be disappointed once again...

So glad we gave up Gus , $21,000,000, and this year’s recruiting class for this! Well done!!! Never give up something until you have something better already in place. Congrats Auburn and the fans!!! 

14 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

The best coach in the history of college football loss to Gus three times. Guess he isn't worthy of an AU offer? 

11 hours ago, Jaba4ever said:

@WarDamnEagleWDE Have you heard anything in regards to Kiffin? With us missing on MC, I'm getting hopeful we might rob Ole Miss again. And it seems the Lane Train is picking up steam with the Auburn Faithful.

There is a candidate that is being considered that none can knows who it is. Could be Kiffin. I don't think it is and I not sure AU is interested. Same with Freeze. Told no way in hell Gouge will sign off on Freeze. 

Saying this, it will be Freeze or Kiffin AU hires. 

i am hearing rumors of steele stabbing gus in the back and actually having done things to make gus look underwhelming so auburns wizards of oz will pick him for the next coach. people have lost their frigging minds.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

i am hearing rumors of steele stabbing gus in the back and actually having done things to make gus look underwhelming so auburns wizards of oz will pick him for the next coach. people have lost their frigging minds.

There's only one person responsible for Malzahn's departure, and that's Malzahn. Nothing Steele could have said or done would change that. 

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

People are telling me that Steele gave a list of who he would hire if he were the HC to some of the PTB at the beginning of the season. I never heard this. But they say he did. I don't know what to believe. 

I like Steele. He does not need to be AU's HC. No way in hell does he. Great guy. Appreciate what you did as DC. We will see you in retirement. 

Please not Kiffen. Anybody else. He has no character. It's a catch 22 anyway.  If he would leave Ole Miss after one year, and come here....well, nobody should want a guy like that. Kiffen has shown time and time again the only thing that matters to Kiffen is Kiffen.

Better buckle in and prepare for last place in the SEC for many years to come. Program is about to be Vanderbilt 2.0........No decent coach is comming.......prepare for reality.

Archived