Well.

WarDamnEagleWDE

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Who knows. He could have had MC. Unreal. 

JABA never fails I guess. Oh well, on to the next one...and anyone but Steele.

18 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Can you please explain this. Did he agree to come? Did we back out of the deal?

I usually don't do this, but I'm going to pass on heresay. I heard second hand info that we had Cristobal locked, but wanted him to announce before early signing day. He refused to do so, and that kind of gridlocked our negotiations. 

I wish I could post a source on this, but the person I heard it from didn't tell me where they saw it. They aren't the type of person to make something up, and they are what you might call a critical evaluator. They generally don't pass on things that are unsubstantiated. So, I'm sure it was credible, but... 🤷‍♂️

I think I'm done with Au football for a while over this. It hurts to much to know we could be great, but the administration keeps ******* it up again and again. Why can those idiots not let go of the power for the greater good when it hurts so many. I wish them nothing but the worst. 

1 minute ago, twilli13 said:

I think I'm done with Au football for a while over this. It hurts to much to know we could be great, but the administration keeps ******* it up again and again. Why can those idiots not let go of the power for the greater good when it hurts so many. I wish them nothing but the worst. 

Agree. AU is a massive screw up. I was more for Sark, but I have a feeling they are paying a search committee to just give the job to Steele. This is why AU is the biggest laughing stock in all of college football. Until they prove everyone wrong, Stupid is as Stupid does. Easiest summary about the state of the AU football program. This program will never be anything more than a mid tier program.  

20 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Agree. AU is a massive screw up. I was more for Sark, but I have a feeling they are paying a search committee to just give the job to Steele. This is why AU is the biggest laughing stock in all of college football. Until they prove everyone wrong, Stupid is as Stupid does. Easiest summary about the state of the AU football program. This program will never be anything more than a mid tier program.  

It seems like corruption at the highest level to me. I had a bad feeling when Steele was initially hired as DC. I remember seeing his relationship with a family member in administration at AU, the fact he had only a year or so left coaching in Alabama to be added to the State pension, his previous inconsistent work as a DC, and the fact better candidates were out there at the time as red flags something wasnt right and he had some inroads. I forgot about it when his defenses were good, but I see in retrospect elite talent in the defensive line I believe made him look better than he really is, giving him further power and clout with the higher ups. Like many have alluded to, these folks are either super corrupt or really just tone deaf to what's going on in the college football landscape and about football in general. Its sickening as a long time fan. 

I don’t know why it’s so hard for Auburn to just hire a coach that’s going to be a home run for Auburn and win. Sit in your press box, shut up, and enjoy the show. I don’t understand. I can’t stand good ole boy networking. Garbage 

40 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

Let’s see what happens before we go down this path. 

Clemson used to be what Auburn seems to be now. They ran off Danny Ford heading (because he caught his daughter with a player and kicked his arse in the hotel room) and started going down the road of hiring and firing until they finally said ok, let's see if this guy can make it happen. The rest is history.

1 hour ago, twilli13 said:

It seems like corruption at the highest level to me. I had a bad feeling when Steele was initially hired as DC. I remember seeing his relationship with a family member in administration at AU, the fact he had only a year or so left coaching in Alabama to be added to the State pension, his previous inconsistent work as a DC, and the fact better candidates were out there at the time as red flags something wasnt right and he had some inroads. I forgot about it when his defenses were good, but I see in retrospect elite talent in the defensive line I believe made him look better than he really is, giving him further power and clout with the higher ups. Like many have alluded to, these folks are either super corrupt or really just tone deaf to what's going on in the college football landscape and about football in general. Its sickening as a long time fan. 

I agree with you, then again it’s not very difficult to fool those in charge at AU. 

19 hours ago, autigeremt said:

They ran off Danny Ford heading (because he caught his daughter with a player and kicked his arse in the hotel room) and started going down the road of hiring and firing until they finally said ok, let's see if this guy can make it happen.

I've always said if the coach is the best player at a position, your team won't be that good.

3 hours ago, AUFriction said:

I usually don't do this, but I'm going to pass on heresay. I heard second hand info that we had Cristobal locked, but wanted him to announce before early signing day. He refused to do so, and that kind of gridlocked our negotiations. 

I wish I could post a source on this, but the person I heard it from didn't tell me where they saw it. They aren't the type of person to make something up, and they are what you might call a critical evaluator. They generally don't pass on things that are unsubstantiated. So, I'm sure it was credible, but... 🤷‍♂️

Same s*** different coaching search. 

I'm just about done with Auburn and those clowns that's in charge. They have a rich history of hiring nothing but freakin losing head coaches.

3 hours ago, AUFriction said:

He asked wde tho....

8 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

For all those crying about not getting Cristobal - you realize the coach we just fired BEAT him RECENTLY, yes?

With a lot more overall talent, in the last minute of the game, yes.

Archived